Incinerate

"
JonnyMonroe wrote:
hrm... Duel totem this, and the player just keeps the frost wall up guarding them. could be interesting to try. I guess you'd pick Templar and grab the elemental damage nodes, witch fire damage cluster, witch shock chance/duration (added lightning damage). Throw projectile speed on the totem to give it a workable range. Since your only spammed spell is frost wall, mana is no issue. With LMP and Elemental prolif you'll keep everything 3x shocked, and since you're standing still you shouldn't have a problem keeping the totems ramped up.

I dunno. It sounds kinda boring to play, but not any moreso than summoner build. Might give it a try.

Edit - To the above. Warp and flicker strike aren't considered movement since you can use all of them while under the effect of a bear trap (which only locks movement, not skills that displace you).

its still yet to be seen whether added lightning damage will be high enough to give sufficient shock duration. Also what links are you proposing to use on it? Incinerate + LMP + elemental proliferation + projectile speed + added lightning + spell totem? I think faster casting is mandatory since it ups your dps as well as speeds up getting to the last stage.

Assuming I can get my lightning damage up high enough to shock, I think optimum setup is a high quality incinerate + faster cast + added lightning damage + gmp + spell totem. If I had a 6L, I'd probably try to get a high quality projectile speed. Def a lot of testing to be done.
Last edited by imr1212 on Mar 8, 2013, 12:33:00 PM
"
imr1212 wrote:
"
JonnyMonroe wrote:
hrm... Duel totem this, and the player just keeps the frost wall up guarding them. could be interesting to try. I guess you'd pick Templar and grab the elemental damage nodes, witch fire damage cluster, witch shock chance/duration (added lightning damage). Throw projectile speed on the totem to give it a workable range. Since your only spammed spell is frost wall, mana is no issue. With LMP and Elemental prolif you'll keep everything 3x shocked, and since you're standing still you shouldn't have a problem keeping the totems ramped up.

I dunno. It sounds kinda boring to play, but not any moreso than summoner build. Might give it a try.

Edit - To the above. Warp and flicker strike aren't considered movement since you can use all of them while under the effect of a bear trap (which only locks movement, not skills that displace you).

its still yet to be seen whether added lightning damage will be high enough to give sufficient shock duration. Also what links are you proposing to use on it? Incinerate + LMP + elemental proliferation + projectile speed + added lightning + spell totem? I think faster casting is mandatory since it ups your dps as well as speeds up getting to the last stage.

Assuming I can get my lightning damage up high enough to shock, I think optimum setup is a high quality incinerate + faster cast + added lightning damage + gmp + spell totem. If I had a 6L, I'd probably try to get a high quality projectile speed. Def a lot of testing to be done.

Well, remember that at stage 4, the skill's 20% dmg effectiveness goes up to 116.6% due to the 80% more multiplier applying 3 times. With enough spell damage from passives/gears/iron will and you should not have too much issues getting the shock stacks on.

This is even easier if you build a dual totem build around the new OP unique chest that makes ES take the chaos damage instead of hp, allowing you to use Pain Attunement plus Righteous Fire for a very big spell damage boost.
"
Zealflare wrote:

This is even easier if you build a dual totem build around the new OP unique chest that makes ES take the chaos damage instead of hp, allowing you to use Pain Attunement plus Righteous Fire for a very big spell damage boost.

with the only problem that with Dual totem you can't bloodrage, you can't lifeleech to heal up,
you would have to rely only on Zealoth's Oath and life regen.
"
Zealflare wrote:
hrm... Duel totem this, and the
Well, remember that at stage 4, the skill's 20% dmg effectiveness goes up to 116.6% due to the 80% more multiplier applying 3 times. With enough spell damage from passives/gears/iron will and you should not have too much issues getting the shock stacks on.

Does spell damage affect added elemental damage supports (off topic)?
"

Edit - To the above. Warp and flicker strike aren't considered movement since you can use all of them while under the effect of a bear trap (which only locks movement, not skills that displace you

Ty, good to know. But I read the skill description again "The longer you repeatedly cast the spell from the same location, the larger and more damaging the flames become. " so I guess it won't work :/
was trying to start a new build around this skill, but this skill is really terrible.

it's not about the damage.

it's not about the fking high mana cost.

it's not about the fking low range.

it's not about the bad spread.

it's just because you have to stay STILL in one place.

only place for this skill gem, is only with totems.

every other use is just for "fun" temporary builds.

you can't really think about staying frozen in one place to tank 20-30 projectiles
that are about to reach you.

some time you can do it if you are in a good position, but the other times you will
just find yourself unable to evade attacks, enemies rolling over you,
projectiles coming, a Vaal Smash attack.

yeah. this skill is just for totems. They stand still nonetheless. you don't really
want to stay there to tank without expecting interruptions or to die like an idiot...
Last edited by sirianstar on Mar 8, 2013, 1:06:51 PM
"
sirianstar wrote:
was trying to start a new build around this skill, but this skill is really terrible.

it's not about the damage.

it's not about the fking high mana cost.

it's not about the fking low range.

it's not about the bad spread.

it's just because you have to stay STILL in one place.

only place for this skill gem, is only with totems.

every other use is just for "fun" temporary builds.

you can't really think about staying frozen in one place to tank 20-30 projectiles
that are about to reach you.

some time you can do it if you are in a good position, but the other times you will
just find yourself unable to evade attacks, enemies rolling over you,
projectiles coming, a Vaal Smash attack.

yeah. this skill is just for totems. They stand still nonetheless. you don't really
want to stay there to tank without expecting interruptions or to die like an idiot...

I think if you were really funded, you might be able to run life leech + vaal pact + cannot be stunned and just face tank things, but for the most part, I agree with you.
Last edited by imr1212 on Mar 8, 2013, 1:23:40 PM
a tip.. clicking many times is better than pressing mouse button on this skill..
it reduces mana cost a bit. and if there are many mobs and if you are pressing mouse button, your attacks will miss them. after your torrent became largest one, you can target everything very quickly.
i tested this. you don't need to shoot the torrent in same direction.
just shoot torrents anywhere. even a bit slowly.

Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 8, 2013, 2:07:22 PM
I've tried using it on my level 72 fire witch, and it doesn't really do anything better than existing spells. If you have a build that's tanky enough to stand still and channel incinerate, you could just be dropping fire traps at your feet and doing better damage. I was hoping for a spell that really worked well with the burn mechanic and Incinerate is about as bad as it gets when it comes to that.

Also, I picked it up on a Templar in the 2 hour race just now, and even with the damage passives, 60% mana regen plus 7% reduced cost passive, I was running out of mana before it even reached the 4th stage, and chugging large mana pots wasn't enough to actually make it usable in act 2.
My thoughts.

1. Needs Longer Range.

2. Needs more damage for stage 1.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info