Incinerate

I'm leveling this gem up right now and I feel it's gonna be a sick skill.

I hope that it won't have a crit chance because I don't want it to burn. My Fireball's burning is enough to 1 shot most mobs in level 67 maps , this spell with the right gem might replace Fire/Bear traps and let me face tank bosses.

I would want to see its final stage's damage be stronger than Traps at higher levels though, or it wouldn't be worth it.

With that said, people whining about this skill can only be placed on a totem are just ridiculous.

I have a lvl 75 Blood Magic Fire Marauder, with Searing Touch, mapping is easy.
IGN DuongThapNgu
Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/238153
"
h3rp3s wrote:
My thoughts.

1. Needs Longer Range.

2. Needs more damage for stage 1.

i am using faster projectile gem. the range is very long enough. it goes to edge of screen.
guide.
throw totem and use molten shell and you can shoot largest torrent. or use minions
this will be cheat skill if it has longer range really.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 8, 2013, 2:35:13 PM
I'm sure people can make use of this in end game builds, but one thing is for sure: This should not be a level 10 gem. At early levels at least, this is completely unusable due to the mana cost. I'm unable to continually cast the skill while I have a mana flask running. I can't think of any other gem that that is true for when you get it.
"
Kettch wrote:
I'm sure people can make use of this in end game builds, but one thing is for sure: This should not be a level 10 gem. At early levels at least, this is completely unusable due to the mana cost. I'm unable to continually cast the skill while I have a mana flask running. I can't think of any other gem that that is true for when you get it.

this is usable with faster projectile. i am leveling it with it. i can target everything quickly with largest torrents. i am using mana regen rings. even if i dont have mana regen gears..
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 8, 2013, 2:51:11 PM
"
rsthrsdj wrote:
"
Kettch wrote:

this is usable with faster projectile. i am leveling it with it. i can target everything quickly with largest torrents

Seriously, Faster Projectiles is the key to this spell. They gave us a huge hint with the fact that the quality bonus is +2% Faster Projectile Speed per Quality 1%.

As for the mana issues, you might have to, I dunno, actually spec into some +Mana nodes and get some +Mana gear?

You really can't think of any other gem that you can't cast continuously for 5+ seconds the moment you get it? How about Ethereal Knives, one of the most popular spells in the game?
"
Blue_Phoenix wrote:
You really can't think of any other gem that you can't cast continuously for 5+ seconds the moment you get it? How about Ethereal Knives, one of the most popular spells in the game?

Ethereal Knives is 11 mana per second when you get it. You can pretty much cast that with a mana flask running.

Incinerate for my Shadow is 27 mana per second when I get it. That is an enormous difference.

We aren't even getting into the fact that the whole point of the skill is to cast it continually to build it up unlike other skills.

I've never felt the need to immediately come to the forum to see what the hell is going on for any other skill.
Last edited by Kettch on Mar 8, 2013, 2:56:04 PM
Definitely an interesting skill. I don't see a reason for all the hate.

Currently rocking a mid 50s EB Fire Trap Templar. I take all the AOE passives in templar and witch tree on the way to EB, as well as the burning damage cluster. The rest is Health, Armor, resists. I think this is a great replacement to Fireball for single target, but I'd probably still keep fireball around for really dangerous rares/bosses

Build setup will be:

Fire Trap + Fire Trap + Fire Trap + Fire Penetration on a 4L Searing Touch

Incinerate + Fire Penetration + Mana Leech + Life Leech + Blind on 5L chest

Drop Enfeeble on rares and watch them swing away while you melt their face

The key here is that you don't need much spell power at all for this to be effective, provided you can sustain it in its last stage and survive incoming damage.
I'm currently using this on my freshly leveled 53 blood magic/fire marauder and it is absolutely insane. I have it linked with GMP+Life Leech+Faster Projectiles+Iron Will and it absolutely rapes Ledge in merciless. The damage is not even the best part about it, with Life Leech i heal at a ridiculous rate, meaning I can pretty much facetank as many mobs as I want.

I honestly feel there should be some kind of penalty to Life Leech with this skill, it's far too strong right now. Even if this tactic may not work in higher level maps, I still feel it should be adjusted. It basically trivialises content for me right now.

On the topic of mana cost, I would say you pretty much NEED to use blood magic, either the keystone or the gem. Obviously this seems a little weird as it was supposed to be a skill to help out fire casters, most of which are fairly far away from the Blood Magic Keystone. I personally don't mind, since I feel it incentivizes planning your ressource management based on the skills you plan on using.

I'm looking forward to mapping on this character, I think it'll be an absolute beast.
"
Caimath wrote:
I'm currently using this on my freshly leveled 53 blood magic/fire marauder and it is absolutely insane. I have it linked with GMP+Life Leech+Faster Projectiles+Iron Will and it absolutely rapes Ledge in merciless. The damage is not even the best part about it, with Life Leech i heal at a ridiculous rate, meaning I can pretty much facetank as many mobs as I want.

I honestly feel there should be some kind of penalty to Life Leech with this skill, it's far too strong right now. Even if this tactic may not work in higher level maps, I still feel it should be adjusted. It basically trivialises content for me right now.

On the topic of mana cost, I would say you pretty much NEED to use blood magic, either the keystone or the gem. Obviously this seems a little weird as it was supposed to be a skill to help out fire casters, most of which are fairly far away from the Blood Magic Keystone. I personally don't mind, since I feel it incentivizes planning your ressource management based on the skills you plan on using.

I'm looking forward to mapping on this character, I think it'll be an absolute beast.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to wait to get to ledge to test it out with my totem build. I don't think ledge is a good place to determine whether things are map viable or not though. I think the problem with the mobility with this skill will def present itself when you have more aoe elemental based attacks and poison arrows coming at you while you're forced to stand still. I think it may be hard to make this map viable without using totems, but I hope I'm proved wrong.
"
imr1212 wrote:

Yeah, I'm gonna have to wait to get to ledge to test it out with my totem build. I don't think ledge is a good place to determine whether things are map viable or not though. I think the problem with the mobility with this skill will def present itself when you have more aoe elemental based attacks and poison arrows coming at you while you're forced to stand still. I think it may be hard to make this map viable without using totems, but I hope I'm proved wrong.

The thing is, pretty much every single mob on The Ledge is resistant to fire, yet I still destroy them, this is with only 5 damage increasing talents..

Defense is a non issue as well, I can facetank Kuduku + every single mob around him and I can't even see my life move, because of the insane life leech.

I will see once I get to maps though.

One thing is for sure though, I love this skill right now. It's sparked my interest in the game right back up again, after having been away for a week or so. :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info