Incinerate

"
Not sure if it has been mentioned but I found that I desynced like I had typed /oos when i use shift attack. You start to attack and then the game seems to do the /oos & you shift a little bit.

Happened more often than not for me as I always use shift attack.

I'm sure they will optimize it a bit more, overall I am loving the skill though and at the rate they want to give us new ones, I say bring it on!
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:
I have to pile on with the people wondering how this skill made it out of alpha. I'm sure it's great at high levels, with the right build, supports, etc. but a skill with a minimum level of 10 should be reasonably usable at level 10.

This shouldn't have happened, and it shouldn't happen again.

+1
This skill is next to unusable in its current state.
It's fun. I want a fire spell that is based around ignite more though. Low base damage high crit or something that doesn't do any damage at all but applies charges or something to ramp up ignite.
anyone tried this? faster projectile+ knockback + blind + Projectile Weakness + Enfeeble and passive skills like fending (knockback distance).
i want to try something than fire damage with the attack speed.
and anyone tried 60% casting speed with incinerate? is it very faster? or any video?
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 8, 2013, 10:09:21 AM
"
jonts26 wrote:
I didn't read every reply here, so sorry if it was mentioned. But has anyone thought about keeping the skill at lvl1 and using added damage supports to do the real damage while the mana cost stays reasonably low (or low enough to maintain without a ton of support)?

Yeah, yeah, 20% damage effectiveness and all, but the extremely high cast speed plus huge damage bonuses in later stages would make for some insane damage, even without the innate fire damage being leveled.

Sorry, but that would be really silly. Even at 20% effectiveness, a spell gets most of its damage from leveling it. Attack skills are different since all you gain is % dmg that you get from your passive tree anyway, but there is absolutely no way you will ever get enough flat fire dmg boost for a spell, since added fire gem is based on your physical damage, and a caster has none.

20% of 8-11 base dmg vs 20% of say, 300+ base dmg? Yea...no.
Last edited by Zealflare on Mar 8, 2013, 10:28:26 AM
I don't understand what all the rage is about already. Unless someone played straight through the night, I doubt anyone has this gem leveled up to be late game viable. I ran it on totems with gmp and fast cast, and was melting things in cruel fellshrine (gem was lvl req 42), so i'm not ready to give up on it quite yet. I can't speak to the mana cost obviously, but I'm not ready to toss it out as not viable when most people don't even have the gem leveled to 15+ yet.
Duel Totem

Incinerate + Spell Totem + LMP + Knockback + Added Lightning

Using static blows and qulity added lightning this seems like it would be extremely powerful. Anything I'm overlooking?

"
Cruxation wrote:
Duel Totem

Using static blows and qulity added lightning this seems like it would be extremely powerful. Anything I'm overlooking?

I currently have the spec ready to test this, but I need to level up incinerate more and get my hands on an added lightning damage. I'm not sure if the damage will be high enough to proc shock or not since there's 20% damage effectiveness on the skill. I'm also not sure about knockback, as its possible you can knock ranged mobs out of your range, while you're still in theirs.
Last edited by imr1212 on Mar 8, 2013, 10:42:00 AM
"
imr1212 wrote:
"
Cruxation wrote:
Duel Totem

I currently have the spec ready to test this, but I need to level up incinerate more and get my hands on an added lightning damage. I'm not sure if the damage will be high enough to proc shock or not since there's 20% damage effectiveness on the skill. I'm also not sure about knockback, as its possible you can knock ranged mobs out of your range, while you're still in theirs.

Yeah you made need double curse, conductivity and ele weakness to do enough lightning damage. I'm very curious about this. No crit chance hurts shock procing but I'm sure thats why it has 0 chance!

I think the biggest weakness of this spell are ranged attacks. Being stationary means you are gonna get hit a lot and often from longer range than u have with this spell.

I guess faster projectiles can help on that tho
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Last edited by Amiag on Mar 8, 2013, 10:57:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info