Incinerate

This build plus Doedre's Tenure.
Have it linked to Iron will, Knockback, chance to ignite, mana leech, faster projectiles, and probably fire penetration. maybe lmp/gmp.
Doedre's and iron will will probably reduce the manacost to something manageable, while still having 4(?) casts a second.
Knockback and fending put the chance to knockback to 40%.
slap on Vulnerability to add more burning damage and for the 10% chance to stun on hit.
I'm not clear on what the mana drain/regen would look like at this point. Anyone wanna run the maths?

It could work. I'll try to build it on my next guy.
But if i understood correctly the slower you cast , the slower you get to the 4th stage of the spell so reducing your cast speed might be good for mana efficiency but not necessarly for dmg cause you will have to stay in place longer to achive 4th stage of dmg .
My picks for supports would be mana leech , faster projectiles , fire penetration ,lmp and knockback/stun/chance to flee
"
Duodecimus wrote:
This build plus Doedre's Tenure.
Have it linked to Iron will, Knockback, chance to ignite, mana leech, faster projectiles, and probably fire penetration. maybe lmp/gmp.
Doedre's and iron will will probably reduce the manacost to something manageable, while still having 4(?) casts a second.
Knockback and fending put the chance to knockback to 40%.
slap on Vulnerability to add more burning damage and for the 10% chance to stun on hit.
I'm not clear on what the mana drain/regen would look like at this point. Anyone wanna run the maths?

It could work. I'll try to build it on my next guy.

You would need way more than 100% hp if you ever want to use it via manual casting instead of totem. Its practically impossible to face-tank anything remotely dangerous long enough (even with 200% hp) to reach 4th stage, especially with a slower cast.
Last edited by Zealflare on Mar 8, 2013, 8:07:26 AM
i dont care what anyone is say about this skill cause im loving it. got it on my BM Marauder and i just melt mobs like butter. GGG thanks for the skill and dont change a thing with it. if ppl cant figure out how to use it right then they just dont need to be using it. every skill out there may not be everyones cup of tea, but just cause "you" dont like it does mean its broke and needs a change.
Not sure if it has been mentioned but I found that I desynced like I had typed /oos when i use shift attack. You start to attack and then the game seems to do the /oos & you shift a little bit.

Happened more often than not for me as I always use shift attack.
I didn't read every reply here, so sorry if it was mentioned. But has anyone thought about keeping the skill at lvl1 and using added damage supports to do the real damage while the mana cost stays reasonably low (or low enough to maintain without a ton of support)?

Yeah, yeah, 20% damage effectiveness and all, but the extremely high cast speed plus huge damage bonuses in later stages would make for some insane damage, even without the innate fire damage being leveled.
I like the skill. It desyncs too much though.
"
jonts26 wrote:
I didn't read every reply here, so sorry if it was mentioned. But has anyone thought about keeping the skill at lvl1 and using added damage supports to do the real damage while the mana cost stays reasonably low (or low enough to maintain without a ton of support)?

Yeah, yeah, 20% damage effectiveness and all, but the extremely high cast speed plus huge damage bonuses in later stages would make for some insane damage, even without the innate fire damage being leveled.

May work, still I think it is a bad gamedesign if a gem could only be useull in early levels. The oposite should be the case.
"
banezilla wrote:
i dont care what anyone is say about this skill cause im loving it. got it on my BM Marauder and i just melt mobs like butter. GGG thanks for the skill and dont change a thing with it. if ppl cant figure out how to use it right then they just dont need to be using it. every skill out there may not be everyones cup of tea, but just cause "you" dont like it does mean its broke and needs a change.

Good job, if only one or two viable builds can use it, then it's not a good skill. Especially because spell classes could need some viable fire spells because firestorm is bad and fireball is inferior to other spells.

Hate egoists who say "THE SKILL IS GOOD FOR ME DON'T CHANGE IT REGARDLESS WHAT OTHERS SAY KTHXBYE"...
"
AceNightfire wrote:
"
banezilla wrote:

Good job, if only one or two viable builds can use it, then it's not a good skill. Especially because spell classes could need some viable fire spells because firestorm is bad and fireball is inferior to other spells.

Hate egoists who say "THE SKILL IS GOOD FOR ME DON'T CHANGE IT REGARDLESS WHAT OTHERS SAY KTHXBYE"...

I challenge you to make a "few" builds for shockwave and have it endgame viable.

Though that gives me another idea now that i mention it. Shockwave always knocksback and it also requires faster casting speeds... place a shockwave stand on it and incinerate things...
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info