Incinerate

I can see why it would have no crit chance, with those increases of 80% damage per stage, crit could potentially be very overpowered. I'm perfectly fine with that.

But since I'm HEAVILY specced into crit, I'd like to hear 100% unequivocally, the following (before I start using regret orbs):

- Was it planned that this skill will not have crit chance?
- If yes, is there a chance you're considering changing this for an upcoming patch?
- If no, do you think the spell should ever, even if with a very low %, be able to crit (through for example critical weakness curse, or linking it with increased critical strikes)?

I'd hate to spec out of my crit chance nodes only to find a couple of days later, you've given it a base crit chance.

Thanks.
"
AceNightfire wrote:

For an increased fire rate you need increased cast speed. :)

Oh I couldn't think faster cast improve dps for incinerate same as other spells, cuz, u know, there is only first casting motion.

Then gaps between each projectiles of incinerate can shorten by faster casting?

Good to know it! thx again!
"
Dechef wrote:
I can see why it would have no crit chance, with those increases of 80% damage per stage, crit could potentially be very overpowered. I'm perfectly fine with that.

But since I'm HEAVILY specced into crit, I'd like to hear 100% unequivocally, the following (before I start using regret orbs):

- If yes, is there a chance you're considering changing this for an upcoming patch?
- If no, do you think the spell should ever, even if with a very low %, be able to crit (through for example critical weakness curse, or linking it with increased critical strikes)?

I'd hate to spec out of my crit chance nodes only to find a couple of days later, you've given it a base crit chance.

Thanks.

I'm not sure why you guys want crit. You do realise that crit will not do much don't you?

This spell's DPS is based on extremely fast casts. Each cast however does very little damage. Even if you crit, the extra damage is negligible and the burning damage even more so
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
dumbshow wrote:
"
AceNightfire wrote:

For an increased fire rate you need increased cast speed. :)

Oh I couldn't think faster cast improve dps for incinerate same as other spells, cuz, u know, there is only first casting motion.

Then gaps between each projectiles of incinerate can shorten by faster casting?

Good to know it! thx again!

It's easy to understand: This skill has 0.16 seconds cast time between each "flame", it's like you would cast a fireball every 0.16 seconds. If you would have 100% increased cast speed, you would have 0.08 seconds cast time for each "flame" and that increases ofc your fire rate. :)
"
Dechef wrote:

Thanks.

Why every skill must be able to do good crits? Maybe this skill is just not designed for crit or wouldn't unfold it's full potential even if it could do some crits. It's like Invalesco said: The key to succes is fast cast, not crit. If some nodes really do need a buff, it's increased cast speed, because there are very less skills that greatly benefit from those nodes, while mostly every skill benefits greatly from crit nodes. And now there is finally a skill that is designed for fast cast and you guys ask for crit... seriously? :S
Frenzy charges gained from Lmp Freny on a wand (pref high cast speed) Low life build + pain attunement and as many cast speed nodes as you can get. might as well toss on a redbeak. Also spell damage looks to increase it also so there is that, and since you have all this cast speed why not place on an iron will for added extra damage then help it a bit more with a faster casts support. There is obviously more to it than this as it's just on idea.

This skill has the potential to be godly. Just wait and see.

Use this skill the same way you make shockwave OP and you will do extremely well.

Would work amazing with AB also imo.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on Mar 8, 2013, 7:06:42 AM
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Dechef wrote:

Thanks.

I'm not sure why you guys want crit. You do realise that crit will not do much don't you?

This spell's DPS is based on extremely fast casts. Each cast however does very little damage. Even if you crit, the extra damage is negligible and the burning damage even more so

Even though I already stated I'm perfectly fine with no crit?
Don't misquote me, please.

I'm just asking this because I have crit chance passives, and I want to be sure that this is intended before I refund those.
"
Invalesco wrote:

Very true. This is also exactly why I think myself and many fire casters want heavier hitting/slower spells. Not these crazy fast spells that have little - no synergy with ignite. Currently, I think we can all agree that other elements are simply more efficient or at the least their status ailments have far better synergy with the skills GGG has made for them. Can you make this skill work? I'm sure of it. Can you make it work as well as FP/IS/Spark etc? ummm...I doubt it. I hope so but I really have my doubts.
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"
"
Invalesco wrote:

Actually, crit would do wonders for this skill if it can crit and you can substain stage 4.

Stage 4 damage efficiency = 20%*1.8*1.8*1.8 = 116.64%, which is more than every other spell, and it is casted at an INSANE rate. With Added Lightning (if you can somehow substain the mana costs lol) and about 30%~ crit rate, even without Static Blows, you would practically triple shock-stack everything within a second.

But of course, considering how hard it is to substain stage 4 (and the mobility issue) that doesn't even matter right now.
Just OOC does lightning warp interrupt the channeling of this? I haven't tried it yet but I assume so.

So my theory stand as my last post, play with desync hell and gather as many mobs as you can and hold that button. Let two totems handle the casting and lure mobs back into them, on the same type of PA build that wrecks with almost every other spell.

Only reason I am aware of this is that I have been trying for awhile now to make an ancestral bond shockwave build. Which shockwave functions like incinerate in that cast speed is the single most important thing to it.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on Mar 8, 2013, 7:17:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info