Incinerate

Someone said this skill is in the same category as Firestorm, and I disagree. Firestorm is actually far more usable. Early-game it is a decent aoe, and lategame, Firestorm + Conc effect + Iron Will + Increased Duration + Faster Cast makes for a pretty insane boss-killer. AND it can CRIT!.

Skills that require you to stand still at close range with the enemy to power up just isn't very viable in POE, what with the constant need to dodge attacks, some of which can 1-shot you (especially packs with archers or chaos spitter snakes).
A nice skill, but really needs some buff to being viable.
Last edited by AceNightfire on Mar 8, 2013, 6:17:11 AM
I dont see that skill in its current stage as usefull, too.
In a Spell-Totem it could be okay but in a 5 linked spell totem you just have 3 slots to support it... a flame totem do instantly damage and can be supportet with 4 gems..
considering that totems can die fast you will never reach stage 4 of incinerate.
I would say its pretty useless in comparison.
And the range is far to short to use it as a main damage abilitie, i prefer a gmp fireball
"
Hulio225 wrote:
In a Spell-Totem it could be okay but in a 5 linked spell totem you just have 3 slots to support it... a flame totem do instantly damage and can be supportet with 4 gems..
considering that totems can die fast you will never reach stage 4 of incinerate.
And the range is far to short to use it as a main damage abilitie, i prefer a gmp fireball

Even if the totem can survive, all stages will be lost once your totem is being "stunned". Thus it is not viable for incinerate to be used on totem. GGG may see how to fix it.

I think GGG need not change its damage and range. Just make it into lightning damage with a bit lower mana cost and everything is okay (may have a lower change of shocking comparing to other lightning skills). We really need more lightning skills, especially close ranged.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by WillisTheWillis on Mar 8, 2013, 6:15:42 AM
My suggestion about this skill:

1. reduce mana consumtpion by 25%
2. increase it's range by 20%
3. Give the witch for every stage a 1 second period (so max 3 seconds when reaching stage that will keep the stages activated, even if you stop casting the skill and move around. For every passed second you lose 1 stage and have to build the lost stage up again. This enables the witch to use the full potential not just when staying around.

I explain why I made this suggestions:

1. You cast incinerate like 6-7 times per second, with increased cast speed you can nearly double that amount. This will lead to 10-13 casts per second and the mana cost will be ridiculous high, especially when you combine it with 3-4 support gems. Makes it impossible to use for more then 4-5 seconds when having 2-3 auras activated. It looks like this skill is designed to force people to go for eldritch baterry, which but that again will reduce the survivability of witches/templars. That's why I suggested a mana cost reduction of 25%

2. Because this skill does not (or rarely) crit and does not stun enemies, it results in having enemies very fast very close to you. For a witch with less life, this is a NoGo, especially in higher difficulties. Therefore, the skill needs much more range, because you have to stay still to unfold its full potential. So this skill needs a little buff in range, so that you can hit the enemies from a greater distance, which enables the witch to kill most of the mobs before they reach the witch and hit her´and being able to hit ranged enemies too. So 20% buff in range should be more then enough.

3. This is obviously the most important suggestion. The problem with this skill the the time dependance you have when using that skill. It takes like 4 seconds without increased cast speed to reach stage 3 and most of the times the enemies are already very close to you, or dead or you have to move before being able to reach that stage. Once you have moved just 1 step, you damage potential is extremely reduced again and it's hard to build up the stages again once you are surrounded by your enemies. Therefore it would be great to get a 1 second period for every stage we hit. When you reach stage 3, you have a 3 second period then. Once you stop casting, the timer will count down and for every passed second, you lose one stage. So if you move around for 1 second and start casting again, you will start at stage 2 instead of zero. This enables the witch to be a little bit mobile when using that skill and still being able to use it's full potential in mid fight.
"
"
Hulio225 wrote:

Even if the totem can survive, all stages will be lost once your totem is being "stunned". Thus it is not viable for incinerate to be used on totem. GGG may see how to fix it.

I think GGG need not change its damage and range. Just make it into lightning damage with a bit lower mana cost and everything is okay (may have a lower change of shocking comparing to other lightning skills). We really need more lightning skills, especially close ranged.

DONT make it lightning! What the witch class really needs are some viable fire spells. Right now, there is no reason to go for fire, because the burning damage is just to low and not stackable and lightning/cold are a much better choice when looking at the skills (arc, spark, freezing pulse and frost spear). Give fire witches a little bit love...

Why this skills needs some more range and less mana consumption, I explained in detail above. Furthermore, a time period would be nice where we can move around without losing the stages (the above too).

Just changing it to lightning wouldn't solve anything, because the problems would remain (to much mana consumption, less range, stages need to be built up).
Last edited by AceNightfire on Mar 8, 2013, 6:21:00 AM
Does Faster Projectile gem improve actual dps of this spell?

I heard quality option of incinerate spell gem is '+projectile speed'.
"
dumbshow wrote:
Does Faster Projectile gem improve actual dps of this spell?

I heard quality option of incinerate spell gem is '+projectile speed'.

I think projectile speed does only increase the range of the spell (and ofc the speed itself).
"
AceNightfire wrote:

I think projectile speed does only increase the range of the spell (and ofc the speed itself).

Hmm... I thought improving projectile speed meant improving rate of fire of projectiles in the case of this spell.

Seems I was totally wrong.

Thx for reply :)
"
dumbshow wrote:
"
AceNightfire wrote:

Hmm... I thought improving projectile speed meant improving rate of fire of projectiles in the case of this spell.

Seems I was totally wrong.

Thx for reply :)

For an increased fire rate you need increased cast speed. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info