[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

Hey all,

Betrayal is my first league, i feel that i'm doing OK, I beat phoenix yesterday but got absolutely smoked by chimeras smoke phase. I spent 7 ex (most of my currency) getting a pair of solid wands which I think are decent so i'm sitting around 130 chaos and no exalts right now. Any tips on things to upgrade by you experts?

any suggestions on my gear?

Last edited by InsiderTradingX on Feb 19, 2019, 10:40:18 PM
"
Halfevil56 wrote:
Hey all,

Betrayal is my first league, i feel that i'm doing OK, I beat phoenix yesterday but got absolutely smoked by chimeras smoke phase. I spent 7 ex (most of my currency) getting a pair of solid wands which I think are decent so i'm sitting around 130 chaos and no exalts right now. Any tips on things to upgrade by you experts?

My first time beating him was exactly the same when in smoke phase, killed him with my last portal.

A good life/mana pool helps along with life flasks(I use 2 instant divine flasks) and Lavianga's along with good damage.

Your wands are good!

Put Arc in body armour and LST in gloves or boots so you can throw the traps rather than lay them as mines.

Before you engage, throw LST's, load up mines and detonate when you engage, then use Vaal Righteous Fire which is also a big additional damage boost.
I also use a quicksilver of adrenaline to quickly move around and find him.

Also if you can get to lvl 95 then get that extra life node and the jewel node and get a good T1 flat life Hypnotic Abyss Jewel with some light damage to spells which are not too expensive http://poe.trade/search/aharanorenohar
"
Halfevil56 wrote:
Hey all,

I'm only a little farther along than you - I've beaten everything except Uber Elder and delve bosses, but here are some of my suggestions:

-Get Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Increased Duration linked, it's a great setup for defense. I'd move Flame Dash + Faster Casting + Arcane Surge to a wand and use boots for this setup. Your wand with Blood Rage isn't doing anything.

-Swapping your Wise Oak flask for a Basalt flask will help against Chimera and physical damage a lot. Your resists are capped without Wise Oak, right?

-Change your Hypothermia support for Added Cold Damage, I don't think your LST is doing any cold damage for Hypothermia to buff.

-Move Arc to helm to cast it as a mine, put LST on your chest to case it as a trap.

-Consider swapping Controlled Destruction linked to your Arc for Lightning Penetration, Added Lightning Damage, or Added Cold Damage for the shatter.
"
Halfevil56 wrote:
Hey all,

Light dmg to attacks craft do nothing with Arc.
Craft crit on flask.
Decoy totem + totem resist might help on some bosses.
Shield with high life, rez, spell crit + bonus spell/light dmg would be good option also. May be lower dps, but higher survability.
"

Perosnaly i would focus on weapon and 6-link shavs to switch to LL version. But u will need also to swap the rest of the gear. If u dont want to or dont have time - focus on weapon, 6-link Lore, good shield, aspect of the spider on gloves/shield if u have mana reserved for it.
"
Trulls_Rohk wrote:
"
deconduino wrote:

Any ideas on what I should be looking to upgrade next? Have about 10ex to spend.

Up to now I have mainly just spent money on the 2 wands and 6-linking the loreweave.

Get lvl 21 Arc, it's a nice cheap upgrade!
Also get more Abyss jewels with T1 flat life and spell damage for your tree
http://poe.trade/search/ooookarisitama
Better boots with higher movement speed
Helmet with Additional mine placed would be another good boost to your dps

"
omgree wrote:
"

Perosnaly i would focus on weapon and 6-link shavs to switch to LL version. But u will need also to swap the rest of the gear. If u dont want to or dont have time - focus on weapon, 6-link Lore, good shield, aspect of the spider on gloves/shield if u have mana reserved for it.

where in the guide does it explain the LL version? I can't find it
"

where in the guide does it explain the LL version? I can't find it

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1957409
Fingers crossed that Arc/Mines don't get nerfed in the next league and that the new support gem Spell Focus works well with Arc!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info