[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
AgentTrack wrote:
"
Now has an added damage effectiveness of 80% (from 90%).
Lowered the range at which Arc can chain from 50 units to 25 units.

GG Arc, rip

AND

"

Now deals 6 to 33 Lightning damage at gem level 1 (from 7 to 37) and 133 to 754 Lightning damage at gem level 20 (from 152 to 862).
Ok it's no longer the BEST league starter and it doesn't clear two screens of trash mobs. Still decent.
Second-class poe gamer
Still going with this but as backup going to try Ice Traps with trapper gloves.
Explosive Trap looks like it can carry us further into Act 3(pickup Ice Trap).
Other downside is Loreweave being nerfed, so might play with Tinkerskin again.
As mines are similar treewise shouldn't require too much respec'n and go with Traps and possibly Demi's Lightning Trap Tinkerer.

Great thing about this build is there are lots of possibilities with Traps/Mines.
deleted
Last edited by Slevin3k on Mar 6, 2019, 11:49:43 AM
I don't see some serious nerfes to arc in 3.6. We still can play and kill all stuff easily.
Last edited by ANALizKALa on Mar 6, 2019, 1:00:38 PM
3.6 update?
Damage effectiveness from90% to 80.does that mean Weaker/less DPS now?

Maybe this is still worth me maining. Can anyone give their view? Is it still generally op? Thanks
The 3.6 changes are rough but it's not really the damage nerf but more the chain range nerf.

According to a spreadsheet with all the %'s for buff / nerfs to spells, this dmg change to arc makes it deal 11% less total damage.

Even with 11% less dmg this is still going to do a lot of damage and be a good league starter. Not one of the best anymore but still great, especially if you have done it before you will be familiar with the gearing / passive progress which will save you time if you are trying to rush to end game.

The changes to range is only bad in certain scenarios. In most cases, every once in a while you will kill a few less mobs off screen but that's not a big deal except for a little EXP loss.

The build is still a great league starter. I am probably going to stick with it instead of trying something new because i am familiar with the leveling process so that will save me time at league start. Also too scared to try something else that may seem good after changes but may still be weak for league start with no gear.
If u looking to a build wich can carry u fast to uber elder this is still more than viable, at some point on Betrayal i managed to get over 11mil shaper dps, that was more than enough to do all content without much effort, including several deathless uber elder runs (my gear is on my profile if someone wanna check it).

The nerfs, according to Notsavard (didnt made the calculations myself), if its 11% overall less damage that means absolutely nothing lol. The changes on non chaos as chaos will impact more than the gem nerf, u now have to craft light dmg as extra chaos and replace add cold with add light probably the way to go if u look for this extra chaos crafts.

Im pretty sure that will continue great for league starter if u used to the build. Ill continue with this build.

"
Notsavard wrote:
The 3.6 changes are rough but it's not really the damage nerf but more the chain range nerf.

According to a spreadsheet with all the %'s for buff / nerfs to spells, this dmg change to arc makes it deal 11% less total damage.

Even with 11% less dmg this is still going to do a lot of damage and be a good league starter. Not one of the best anymore but still great, especially if you have done it before you will be familiar with the gearing / passive progress which will save you time if you are trying to rush to end game.

The changes to range is only bad in certain scenarios. In most cases, every once in a while you will kill a few less mobs off screen but that's not a big deal except for a little EXP loss.

The build is still a great league starter. I am probably going to stick with it instead of trying something new because i am familiar with the leveling process so that will save me time at league start. Also too scared to try something else that may seem good after changes but may still be weak for league start with no gear.

Very well said

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info