[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

The original guide was written from a SSF perspective and what is available to a trading league is very different than SSF, so don’t assume “best” in the guide is the same thing as best possible.

Also, everyone wanting to know what the best exact gems are doesn’t really understand the mechanics of how it works. This build is extremely flexible, it’s more of a bootstrap guide to get to end game than it is how to get to level 100 or something. The best gems for any one particular setup are going to vary. If your weapons are very heavy on crit and crit multiplier to get damage the best support skills are going to be different than someone whose weapons are heavy on spell damage and added lightning. You just have to play with it to see what works best for you. Don’t assume though that 1 support skill gem is going to just totally change the build vs another.

As an example, I can’t afford a 6L Loreweave...I’m a weekend warrior that maybe plays 10 hours a week. My weapon and shield are very spell damage heavy and I use a Shroud of the Lightless so for me a lightning penetration gem is worthless and the cold damage penetrates resistances as well. Basically if you want to min/max the build, don’t expect someone else with even slightly different equipment to really be able to tell you how to do that...after all experimentation is the fun part!
Hi there,

Really loving this build! I've done alright this league with exalt drops and trading, so I think I'm doing pretty well so far. Lvl 90 and just working on building out my crit multi nodes now. Gear is pretty tight, too, but I'm not sure I'm doing the best with my gems (still lvling to 20 so I can quality them). Anyone mind taking a look and telling me how I can improve?

Thanks!

"
sencik wrote:
hey. great build. did most of content. im thinking what i can improve more. any help?

How can you get such high value of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage? According to PoEDB (https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Sceptre) the highest one is Gain (10–11)% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage.

The same value I can see on my crafting bench.
Last edited by Mirtan on Feb 1, 2019, 8:12:00 AM
Loving this build so far, Could I get some tips on were to upgrade gear wise as of now?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ubermonster/characters
Do I still take MoM and the notes behind it if I have cloak of defiance?
icarly without the car
"
How can you get such high value of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage?

there is one hyprid spelldmg/6% chaos craft + the flat chaos craft. for simplicity it adds those 2 together
Last edited by Nikkaj on Feb 2, 2019, 4:42:25 AM
Last edited by Nikkaj on Feb 2, 2019, 4:44:31 AM
"
Mirtan wrote:
"
sencik wrote:
hey. great build. did most of content. im thinking what i can improve more. any help?

How can you get such high value of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage? According to PoEDB (https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Sceptre) the highest one is Gain (10–11)% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage.

The same value I can see on my crafting bench.

As someone else stated there is also a hybrid spell dmg / non chaos as extra chaos. Confer my scepter

Spoiler

Be aware though. People have reported that for arc it is possibly better to have flat lightning + the hybrid as your two prefixes beside the 20 elemental as extra chaos damage rather than a combination of the flat 10-11 % non chaos as extra chaos.

I can do crafts such as the one for my scepters for free if you have the mats. IGN ShadmineTheFlatline
My arc mine has crit strike chance of 57.4% - what should i be aiming for? not sure if i should put next points in crit chance or crit multiplier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info