[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Perplexities wrote:
I have some questions; will greatly appreciate any advice given. For the helmet, I know that place an additional mine is a must, but is the "supported by level # remote mine" or any other supported by gems necessary on the helmet since lightning spire trap isn't going to be used in the helmet slot in the first place? Also, since I have a call of the brotherhood, my gem setup is currently:

Arc- Controlled Destruction - Increased Critical Strike - Trap and Mine Damage Support - Added Lightning Damage - Remote Mine. Should I swap added lighting damage with elemental focus, or does this interfere with call of the brotherhood's potency?

Finally, are dual wielding wands more optimal or dual wielding scepters? The author of this build says BiS is scepters but others have been saying otherwise? Thank you in advance.

You don't need the additional supported by level # in the helm if you are not using arc or lightnign spire, but the remote mine is part of every helmet that has the 'place an additional mine' helmet, so it's gonna be on every one. Not sure about your other two questions - i'm interested in hearing the answers to them too. I wish the author updated this guide or someone made a new one - everyone seems to be having similar questions.
what's your guys combo for when you fight syndicate members in maps? I just reached maps and the fights against them are kind of funky.

Edit- ya fortresses and bandits in general are really hard to stay alive right now. I must be doing something wrong
Last edited by Hellsmith on Jan 30, 2019, 5:55:09 PM

How did he craft 16%/17% of non chaos ? I thought its only for 2 handed weps ?
Got Uber Elder down today, although i was really over geared

tip if your having mana problems is to use laviangas flask

ty 4 build

Last edited by holycutkeep on Jan 30, 2019, 6:59:21 PM
"
CerioOo wrote:

How did he craft 16%/17% of non chaos ? I thought its only for 2 handed weps ?

its actually 2 mods, combination of pure extra chaos and spell damage/chaos hybrid.

"
holycutkeep wrote:

ty 4 build

What is the best 6 link arc setup to run? I'm noticing a lot of variation with the 5th and 6th links.
How much tooltip dps along with life should i have before attempting shaper?
"
Hellsmith wrote:
"
holycutkeep wrote:

ty 4 build

What is the best 6 link arc setup to run? I'm noticing a lot of variation with the 5th and 6th links.

Be good to see your pob.
I've got same Arc links as you having recently changed added light to minefield and even tho overall tooltip damage was almost halved the extra mines seem to more than make up for it.
Be interesting to know if you've done a similar thing?
"
Garash wrote:
"
Perplexities wrote:
I have some questions; will greatly appreciate any advice given. For the helmet, I know that place an additional mine is a must, but is the "supported by level # remote mine" or any other supported by gems necessary on the helmet since lightning spire trap isn't going to be used in the helmet slot in the first place? Also, since I have a call of the brotherhood, my gem setup is currently:

Arc- Controlled Destruction - Increased Critical Strike - Trap and Mine Damage Support - Added Lightning Damage - Remote Mine. Should I swap added lighting damage with elemental focus, or does this interfere with call of the brotherhood's potency?

Finally, are dual wielding wands more optimal or dual wielding scepters? The author of this build says BiS is scepters but others have been saying otherwise? Thank you in advance.

The additional mine affix on helmet is a hybrid affix. It is affected by lvl # remote mine / place an additional mine. So you should have that ideally. Dont know about lightning spire trap as I only used that while doing the story mode.

You want call of the brotherhood in order to convert lightning damage to cold. This allows you to shatter. Elemental focus removes the ability to shatter as it makes any supported skill unable to inflict ailments.

Daggers scepters or wands depends on movement skills you want to use. Daggers allows whirling blades. Scepters allows leap slam for instance. Otherwise you can always run (as I do myself). Other than that the implicit mods differ. Wands gives spell damage and scepters elemental damage. Perhaps elemental damage is stronger than spell damage (I dont know). Scepters can also have ele pen implicit but those are expensive due to elemental as extra chaos requires a shaped base and that mod t1 requires a high ilvl.

Thank you very much!
Last edited by Perplexities on Jan 31, 2019, 8:33:38 AM
"
Hellsmith wrote:
what's your guys combo for when you fight syndicate members in maps? I just reached maps and the fights against them are kind of funky.

Edit- ya fortresses and bandits in general are really hard to stay alive right now. I must be doing something wrong

If they've jumped out of nowhere, I just spam all my mines, BT's & LST's and if needed use Vaal RF and flasks.
Fortresses I run up to gate, dump my LST/Bear traps, then load up my mines ready for when fortress door goes, usually clears them all in no time. Also be mindful to flamedash out the way to give yourself time to prep your mines again.
I'm sure there's lots of diff strategies but having time to prep your mines is the biggest help you can give yourself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info