[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

Can i multi craft this one , or the elem penetration is worthless ?

And cant this kind of helm work ?

Last edited by CerioOo on Jan 29, 2019, 10:39:54 PM
"
jeremy_u_s3 wrote:
It’s not a crafting bench recipe, it’s a Vorici safehouse reward.

Sweet thanks, that makes sense, I'm levelling vorici now in the safehouse to see if I can do that.

You helped me once when I was at level 80 by suggeting tips for better gear. It really helped a lot. I think you should have your own forum for this build actually!

Any chance you can help me out again? i seem to have hit a plateau at XP Power level 92 now. It takes a while to get some XP and then every now and then i get hit and die. I just died in a chisseled 13 sepulchre, and also in the clouds in pit of chimera t16 trying to find chimera.

Here is my current gear.

I also have the chance to recover mana watcher's eye you recommended to someone else in my passive.

Any help is appreciated. This build is crushing most lower and mid level maps, bosses, and syndicates, just some higher level bosses is a bit touch and go.

Thanks again for helping everyone out in this forum build! you are the man.
Last edited by FirewalkerPuncher on Jan 29, 2019, 11:39:55 PM
@Firewalker

Judging by your gear I'm guessing you're playing semi self found. Your wands are really bad and you should consider upgrading them asap. Might even temporarily switch to shield for extra hp boost because lot of your items are far from max roll on that stat. Next try to get a better belt (more resists and/or damage), neck(more health), and ring (same as belt, just get a craft on it for now). Try to get opal ring for base. That jewel in your belt only gives you health rest of its mods are wasted, look up jewel section in this guide. You can download path of building to help you calculate different item setups.

I bought these via trade site for 4ex and 2ex respectively:

to give you a better idea of what to look for.
Last edited by xriffa on Jan 30, 2019, 1:05:52 AM
"
CerioOo wrote:

Can i multi craft this one , or the elem penetration is worthless ?

And cant this kind of helm work ?

The elemental penetration roll is too low. The highest you can get is 10%. If you can get a rare wand with extra chaos and 10% penetration, that's worth at least 10ex, probably more.

The easiest craftable weapon is with just 20% elemental as extra chaos, you can buy those for 2-4 ex depending on the base, or just make your own.

That helm cannot work, because the most important mod on the helmet for us is "Place an additional mine". It will literally double your damage, going from 1 mine to 2. The arc chain is just icing on the cake. To get that enchant on a good shaper base will cost you around 8-10 ex minimum.
"

Any help is appreciated. This build is crushing most lower and mid level maps, bosses, and syndicates, just some higher level bosses is a bit touch and go.

Spoiler

Thanks again for helping everyone out in this forum build! you are the man.

Glad to help man.

The easy things to upgrade are:

- When you get Vorici to color a white socket, switch Minefield with Trap and Mine Damage.
- Use level 1 Clarity, you just need it for the Watcher's Eye. Less mana reserved = more mana = more effective HP.
- Craft + Mana and 6% of damage taken gained as mana over 4 sec when hit on your ring. Basically mana = life for MoM builds, up to a certain point.
- Use more divine orbs on your Loreweave to get 80%. That extra 1% is actually a pretty big upgrade. Let's say a boss does 100 lightning damage to you. With 79% resist, u take 21 damage. With 80 resist, u take 20 damage. It's an improvement of 5%. That 5% could be the difference between surviving and getting one shot.
- Boot enchant from Uber Lab. Get the highest tier lightning damage or elemental penetration one. That will give you a big damage boost.

After that, its about learning boss mechanics, and spending currency on gear. Like @xriffa said, your wands could be much much better. But to get a significant upgrade will cost you several exalts at least. Jewels could easily be better, take a look at my jewels for reference. They cost 50-100c each.

You can do the syndicate farm for currency, which is boring but easy. I've been doing T16 shaper elder ping pong and farming high item level bases, which takes alot more investment and setup, but is more fun.

GL HF!
"
This guide sucks. Do not follow it if you are new. They recommend one thing but then use another skill. You will waste hours searching through the posts to find out what everyone is actually using. Pick another guide!!!!!!

How about someone point me to a guide where we actually use the skills the guide is for. Everyone just switches to arc? It says this no where on the guide. So don't follow this guide just look elsewhere!

It clearly states here:

Level 12-16:

Arc - Remote Mind - Minefield - Added Lightning

You need to follow the video & leveling guide, they really help.

I have some questions; will greatly appreciate any advice given. For the helmet, I know that place an additional mine is a must, but is the "supported by level # remote mine" or any other supported by gems necessary on the helmet since lightning spire trap isn't going to be used in the helmet slot in the first place? Also, since I have a call of the brotherhood, my gem setup is currently:

Arc- Controlled Destruction - Increased Critical Strike - Trap and Mine Damage Support - Added Lightning Damage - Remote Mine. Should I swap added lighting damage with elemental focus, or does this interfere with call of the brotherhood's potency?

Finally, are dual wielding wands more optimal or dual wielding scepters? The author of this build says BiS is scepters but others have been saying otherwise? Thank you in advance.
"
Perplexities wrote:
I have some questions; will greatly appreciate any advice given. For the helmet, I know that place an additional mine is a must, but is the "supported by level # remote mine" or any other supported by gems necessary on the helmet since lightning spire trap isn't going to be used in the helmet slot in the first place? Also, since I have a call of the brotherhood, my gem setup is currently:

Arc- Controlled Destruction - Increased Critical Strike - Trap and Mine Damage Support - Added Lightning Damage - Remote Mine. Should I swap added lighting damage with elemental focus, or does this interfere with call of the brotherhood's potency?

Finally, are dual wielding wands more optimal or dual wielding scepters? The author of this build says BiS is scepters but others have been saying otherwise? Thank you in advance.

The additional mine affix on helmet is a hybrid affix. It is affected by lvl # remote mine / place an additional mine. So you should have that ideally. Dont know about lightning spire trap as I only used that while doing the story mode.

You want call of the brotherhood in order to convert lightning damage to cold. This allows you to shatter. Elemental focus removes the ability to shatter as it makes any supported skill unable to inflict ailments.

Daggers scepters or wands depends on movement skills you want to use. Daggers allows whirling blades. Scepters allows leap slam for instance. Otherwise you can always run (as I do myself). Other than that the implicit mods differ. Wands gives spell damage and scepters elemental damage. Perhaps elemental damage is stronger than spell damage (I dont know). Scepters can also have ele pen implicit but those are expensive due to elemental as extra chaos requires a shaped base and that mod t1 requires a high ilvl.
hey guys!
at first: thx for all the help you provide!

now to my "problem":
im in a weird spot right now. im using arc mines now for weeks to farm elder UGS and make currency. i just have a couple hours each day to play, but i am still in a good spot and RNG was nice to me. also, selling maps and scarabs in bulk add up over time, so i used my currency early to buy and craft stuff.
the build runs super smooth and everything, but i am kinda bored. i do have the currency to switch over to GC mines u elder boss farmer, or stick with arc mines but go for more burst-boss-DPS, but from your experience, is that really a change of pace?
if i switch to another build, any tipps on what to chose without changing too much of my equip?

i put my equip in the spoilers, maybe you have some insight on what to upgrade next if i end up going full bosskiller arc/GC

Spoiler

PS: i guess daggers with "added lightning damage to spells" instead of hybrid "inc% spell dmg/extra 6% to chaos" would be a decent upgrade. also the gloves with aspect of spider. i currently use it for my map clear, since the lost mana for MoM doesnt matter that much, and the aspect is super super sweet. but not so much vs bosses.
oh, and i should mention that i somehow managed to get all my res to 80% for wise oak, so any gearswap requires very specific mods :/
balancing resists for kaoms roots i'd need is going to hurt, too

oh, and i should add that i have roughly 25ex budget right now, so pls keep that in mind before suggesting insane watchers eyes etc ^^
Last edited by Nikkaj on Jan 30, 2019, 12:55:38 PM
Hello Everyone.
Awesome building.

I'm running only arc on my helm - 4L setup for now.
However, i feel like i could have more dps\hp. But i don't know what to upgrade or change.

For now i'm doing many maps (can do T10) and saving currency for a future upgrade. Got 100C ready, should i buy loreweave next?

If anyone can help me with a gear check i'll be very glad
Thanks in advance

Last edited by Zhenir on Jan 30, 2019, 1:02:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info