[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
citizentwelve wrote:
"
Xiaobear6 wrote:

I would suggest for mapping:
Arc - Remote Mine - Increased Crit - Controlled Destruction - Trap and Mine Damage - Added Cold Damage
For bossing, replace Added Cold with Elemental Focus, replace Increased Crit with Lightning Penetration.

Your bossing recommends swap a green and a blue gem for two blue gems? Do you have two chests that you swap too?

No, don't need 2 chests. What you do is utilize Voricii in Research safehouse and get white sockets.

I colored it 5B, 1G, then hope the white sockets land on blue. You can rank Voricii up to rank 3 for a greater chance of success.
So arc should be used for bossing? Maybe i missed something but i thought the build used lightning spire trap on bosses
"
Xiaobear6 wrote:
"
citizentwelve wrote:
"
Xiaobear6 wrote:

I would suggest for mapping:
Arc - Remote Mine - Increased Crit - Controlled Destruction - Trap and Mine Damage - Added Cold Damage
For bossing, replace Added Cold with Elemental Focus, replace Increased Crit with Lightning Penetration.

Your bossing recommends swap a green and a blue gem for two blue gems? Do you have two chests that you swap too?

No, don't need 2 chests. What you do is utilize Voricii in Research safehouse and get white sockets.

I colored it 5B, 1G, then hope the white sockets land on blue. You can rank Voricii up to rank 3 for a greater chance of success.

How do you get the white socket recipe? I only have red blue and green recipes in the crafting table. I checked this site out and it doesn't list white socket recipe there either. https://poedb.tw/us/CraftingBenchOptions

Thanks
It’s not a crafting bench recipe, it’s a Vorici safehouse reward.
"
XenJerec wrote:
So arc should be used for bossing? Maybe i missed something but i thought the build used lightning spire trap on bosses

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, if your gear is good enough, you don't need the trap for bosses. The OP is SSF btw, so you could surpass his gear with less than 1 ex investment in a trading league.

With my mediocre gear right now, I can get up to 765k shaper damage per mine. You can lay 6 mines a second, so that's 4.6 million shaper DPS. The Shaper only has 20 million hp. So each phase is over instantly, because you can pre-lay the mines while he talks.

Arc Mine damage is pretty insane. You could easily get 7+ million shaper dps with a good watcher's eye and the +1 arc chain helmet enchant. There are very few, if any, builds that can get that kind of damage.
Can I switch from Arc to GC or BL or some other skill? or Arc trap?
Without changing my passive.

just want to have a different taste after building this. to clear some lower tier maps.
Last edited by maxi0326 on Jan 28, 2019, 8:46:30 PM
How does this build do with delve content and farming hidden walls around 250-300 depth?
"
maxi0326 wrote:
Can I switch from Arc to GC or BL or some other skill? or Arc trap?
Without changing my passive.

just want to have a different taste after building this. to clear some lower tier maps.

Arc mines just clears low tier maps with ease, not the fastest but not slow either so not sure why you'd want to change unless your struggling with it?

There's lots of info in this thread that takes a bit of reading/learning to get the best out of this skill.
I think the best starting point is watching the video AnActualHorn posted starting from fresh really helps in understanding this build. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXSCa5rMoW4&t=13077s
Even after playing this build for a wile I learnt so much more from watching it.
Ill probably multi craft these two:

Spoiler

and AFAIK it should be

Gain 20 % of elemental damage as extra chaos as one prefix, then spell damage / non-chaos as chaos, and the flat added lightning. That's three prefixes.

For suffixes I guess crit multi is given (along with multimod ofc), but what about the third suffix? I am torn between chance to do double damage, and spell crit.

When I try to PoB it, I can't see either chance to do double damage, nor spell damage / non chaos as extra chaos as options when I try to manually craft a scepter (even though I just updated PoB). I am only at 33 % crit chance with my boss gem setup (arc + minefield + added trap and mine + concentrated effect + lightning penetration + elemental focus) and with crafted spell crit on both my scepters, and 53 with my general mapping setup (same gems but I replace lightning penetration and elemental focus with inc. crit strikes and added lightning).

Does someone have any input?
This guide sucks. Do not follow it if you are new. They recommend one thing but then use another skill. You will waste hours searching through the posts to find out what everyone is actually using. Pick another guide!!!!!!

How about someone point me to a guide where we actually use the skills the guide is for. Everyone just switches to arc? It says this no where on the guide. So don't follow this guide just look elsewhere!
Last edited by traddermctradder on Jan 29, 2019, 10:02:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info