[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

Spoiler
"
NopileosX2 wrote:
"

Okay! After a long day of this miserable auction house I have revamped pretty much all of my gear and only spent about 150c. Definitely better but still not shredding single target? Anything stand out to you? Trying to get a decent boot enchant now, I think I’ve done everything else recommended. Also I switched elemental focus for lightning pen since using call of the brotherhood.

Edit: also what is you guys Crit chance at/what is recommended? I’m at 33% buffed and don’t feel like that’s great.

I am not a fan of element penetration for a single element if you use mixed damage, like you do with Call of the Brotherhood. Would look into using something else instead.

You want a 6L loreweave eventually and some more jewels. If I compare my builds and yours you seem to lack a bit of damage to spells on helmet, weapons and jewels. It is quite a big damage improvement. Watcher's eye is always nice with lightning damage while affected by wrath, elemental penetration for crits while affected by zealotry, crit multiplier while affected by precision, see what you can find.

Use Atziri'S Promise it is 15% more damage overall, you can easily get it yourself if you have the fragments for it.

On gloves you can craft increased damage during any flask effect (Syndicate mod), but this is more luxury and not high prio.

You are at the point where expect the one flask it get's hard to get upgrades. Maybe try to get a good rolled Loreweave and try to 6L it on the side, maybe you are lucky like me and get it in around 300 fusings (don't forget to make it 20% quality first), or save up and buy one, dunno what is easier on consoles.

Okay forgot about the mixed damage so I’ll def be looking into alternatives for Lightning Pen. There aren’t any 6L Loreweaves for sale on Xbox lmao so I guess I’ll start trying to fuse one.

As far as jewels I’m getting the slots as I level, is there a major node that you’d recommend dropping for now for more jewels? Watcher’s Eye isn’t really an option on console this early. There aren’t many and they are 5ex+.
I do have atziri’s flask I just was using two life flasks for Lab when you checked

What about Crit chance? I had to warranty my laptop so I can’t access PoB rn just you guys character sheets on mobile (yikes). I feel like 30 is relatively low, but I still tend to freeze/shatter every pack is that the main focus?
"

Okay forgot about the mixed damage so I’ll def be looking into alternatives for Lightning Pen. There aren’t any 6L Loreweaves for sale on Xbox lmao so I guess I’ll start trying to fuse one.

As far as jewels I’m getting the slots as I level, is there a major node that you’d recommend dropping for now for more jewels? Watcher’s Eye isn’t really an option on console this early. There aren’t many and they are 5ex+.
I do have atziri’s flask I just was using two life flasks for Lab when you checked

What about Crit chance? I had to warranty my laptop so I can’t access PoB rn just you guys character sheets on mobile (yikes). I feel like 30 is relatively low, but I still tend to freeze/shatter every pack is that the main focus?

Yeah Watcher's Eye is expensive and more a luxury item. There are multiple jewel sockets in 2 point reach so I guess you should just take them as you level up and get a got jewel for them.

When I check your char in PoB you have 51% crit chance buffed (with 3 power charges, 5 inspiration stacks and at least 5 recently detonated mines) and over 70% with the Diamond flask, so seems fine to me and is even more than I have currently. So try to throw some mines in a pack and then check your crit.
There are some discrepancies between the PoB and the guide here. Do we use Zealotry or Skitterbots?

And what is the reasoning for it?
"
Abogami wrote:
There are some discrepancies between the PoB and the guide here. Do we use Zealotry or Skitterbots?

And what is the reasoning for it?

If you use essence worm you use both since one of them is free then. Zealotry is just more damage and crit exactly what we want. Skitterbots is 10% more damage and some more mine detonations for free.
Spoiler
"
NopileosX2 wrote:
"

Yeah Watcher's Eye is expensive and more a luxury item. There are multiple jewel sockets in 2 point reach so I guess you should just take them as you level up and get a got jewel for them.

When I check your char in PoB you have 51% crit chance buffed (with 3 power charges, 5 inspiration stacks and at least 5 recently detonated mines) and over 70% with the Diamond flask, so seems fine to me and is even more than I have currently. So try to throw some mines in a pack and then check your crit.

Okay that’s great to hear about my Crit chance thanks a ton for that. Yeah there’s a double zealotry watchers eye for 6ex so I feel that’s a little out of my range at least until I get a good loreweave. Gonna level to at least 90 asap for another jewel slot.

Another big question I have, I’m looking through the helmet enchants you can get from lab and why aren’t we talking about those more? I just rolled “Arc chains and additional time” and I already have a lv 21 arc so I’m pretty stoked on that but I’m seeing that you can get the enchant “Ball Lightning fires an additional projectile” or just ball lightning 40% increased damage which both sounds absolutely ridiculous? Shouldn’t we be going for that?
"

Another big question I have, I’m looking through the helmet enchants you can get from lab and why aren’t we talking about those more? I just rolled “Arc chains and additional time” and I already have a lv 21 arc so I’m pretty stoked on that but I’m seeing that you can get the enchant “Ball Lightning fires an additional projectile” or just ball lightning 40% increased damage which both sounds absolutely ridiculous? Shouldn’t we be going for that?

The arc ones is best but also expensive and I never felt the need to actually get it since my clear is more than fine.

The Ball Lightning thing looked like double dps until I read up on it.

"Lightning bolts strike targets every 150 milliseconds and each target cannot be hit more often than this. That restriction is shared between all balls fired on the same cast."
Source: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ball_Lightning

So this is also why we don't use multiple projectiles or anything. It doesn't improve single target damage in any way and so is not important for this build.

These 40% increased damage one is actually a overall damage increase of about 4% for me. The thing is it is "increased damage" and isn't "more damage". "More damage" is the signal for a multiplicative bonus, 15% more damage is really 15% more damage. 15% increased is just added to all the other increased modifiers.

For better understanding from a reddit post since it explained it best:
Total Damage = (Base Damage) x (%Increased1 + %Increased2 + ... + %IncreasedN) x (%More1) x (%More2) x ... x (%MoreN)

or

Total Damage = (Base Damage) x (Sum of %Increased modifiers) x (Product of %More modifiers)

Source:https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3t38i9/are_the_increased_damage_jewels_worth_using/
Last edited by NopileosX2 on Jan 4, 2020, 4:18:28 PM
Spoiler
"
NopileosX2 wrote:
"

The arc ones is best but also expensive and I never felt the need to actually get it since my clear is more than fine.

The Ball Lightning thing looked like double dps until I read up on it.

"Lightning bolts strike targets every 150 milliseconds and each target cannot be hit more often than this. That restriction is shared between all balls fired on the same cast."
Source: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ball_Lightning

So this is also why we don't use multiple projectiles or anything. It doesn't improve single target damage in any way and so is not important for this build.

These 40% increased damage one is actually a overall damage increase of about 4% for me. The thing is it is "increased damage" and isn't "more damage". "More damage" is the signal for a multiplicative bonus, 15% more damage is really 15% more damage. 15% increased is just added to all the other increased modifiers.

For better understanding from a reddit post since it explained it best:
Total Damage = (Base Damage) x (%Increased1 + %Increased2 + ... + %IncreasedN) x (%More1) x (%More2) x ... x (%MoreN)

or

Total Damage = (Base Damage) x (Sum of %Increased modifiers) x (Product of %More modifiers)

Source:https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3t38i9/are_the_increased_damage_jewels_worth_using/

Okay that all makes a lot of sense thanks for the explanation. I got arc chains an additional time so I’ll definitely stick with that, my clear is insane right now.

So The CWDT w desecrate and volatile dead, what level cwdt do you recommend? I have it at 4 rn and the other gems at the appropriate levels to still proc but I still don’t really notice the effect too often. I see it happening but not too noticeable, is there something I’m missing? I also have no idea what else I would put in its place anyway.

On main link, if lightning pen isn’t recommended and elemental focus prevents proc of ailments from call of brotherhood, what is best for the final gem slot?
Is using Inspiration in Arc helmet setup better than Charged Mines?
"

Okay that all makes a lot of sense thanks for the explanation. I got arc chains an additional time so I’ll definitely stick with that, my clear is insane right now.

So The CWDT w desecrate and volatile dead, what level cwdt do you recommend? I have it at 4 rn and the other gems at the appropriate levels to still proc but I still don’t really notice the effect too often. I see it happening but not too noticeable, is there something I’m missing? I also have no idea what else I would put in its place anyway.

On main link, if lightning pen isn’t recommended and elemental focus prevents proc of ailments from call of brotherhood, what is best for the final gem slot?

Maybe Controlled Destruction, it lowers the crit chance but I think it would still be better.
Also I don't really know how often Ball Lightning would proc ailments, since it hits with low damage very often and a
hit has to at least deal 0.2% of the max hp to even have a chance of applying any ailment. I currently use Elemental Focus because of it, but maybe I will try to use something different and see if it feels different.

A replacement could also be one of the new awakening gems, like added lightning or cold damage, especially added lightning damage on level 5 would give us one more level on ball lightning, which would result in 9% just form that.
Does anyone have a quick guide on how to craft/buy multimodded scepters? How much should one expect to invest while crafting/buying?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info