[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
"

Spoiler
Hey I only just briefly looked at your gear but noticed 2 things:
No anointment on Amulet and you aren't using skitterbots. You could also switch out one of your rings for Call of the Brotherhood as you are using both arc and lightning ball, so the cold damage conversion would help with freeze. Seems a lot of people are getting rid of essence worm so you could just drop zealotry altogether and go skitter + precision lvl 1.
Spoiler

Okay thanks for the input. Is my current amulet good enough to anoint or should I look for one better before anointing? If it’s not good enough, are there other anoints that are cheaper than Destructive Apparatus (oils are fairly expensive on console) for the time being on this one?

Why skitterbots? Their ailment auras? I never noticed a difference when I removed them after leveling so I’m just curious as to the reasoning.
Also should I be using a totem to detonate my mines or should I just be self detonating? Or do the skitterbots handle most of that?

For boots enchant I can just spam run any lab?
Any input on weapon situation?

Edit: also I’m using elemental focus on Ball Lightning. Is that correct? Wouldn’t that conflict with call of the brotherhood for ailment procs?

There are some anointments you can get for cheap if you think you are going to upgrade your amulet at some point. I have divine judgement right now which is black, sepia, teal. I don't know how much that is on console but I think it was only 10-15c on PC.

Skitterbots gives 10% increased mine damage as well as shock and chill. I don't really know the math but they're recommended a lot in the last few pages of this thread.

Honestly, I don't use the totem. I didn't like how it felt and I prefer to self-detonate. It also frees up some gem slots.

For boots, the higher the lab, the better enchants you can get. So if you can run uber, then do that. You can get a prophecy that will let you get an additional enchant per lab and sometimes the dark shrines give you one so you could be getting 3 tries per lab, potentially.

As to your question about Call of the Brotherhood vs Elemental Focus, you're right, the elemental focus will prevent it from applying there. I just learned that after researching. It still helps with arc though and freezing things like porcupines so they shatter instead of explode. I don't know if a rare would be better there or not, I'm keeping mine for now.

For weapons, I'm really not sure at all how it is on console for searching. For crafting, I was just researching this recently and have some of the same questions you do. I think you'd want to start by getting a shaper sceptre (opal or void have the highest implicit ele dmg) and in order to get the highest "Elemental damage as extra chaos damage" roll it needs to be ilvl 85 or higher. Then you probably try to get that + another useful stat, regal it and then from there is where I'm not sure. Multi mod recipe you can get from the Pale Court and counts as a suffix as well as one of the "three crafted modifiers" so you can get the multimod + 2 other crafts.
Hey, i was wondering what is the best gems for single target? Pyro, Ice Spear or Ball Lightning? And why are people using skitterbots instead of zealotry? Feel free to check my acc and give any advice. By tooltips and PoB it seems like Pyro is doing the most damage but i think it calculates Ball Lightning a bit weirdly.. Also it is my first league where im maping so all the tips are welcome! Thanks in advance.
Last edited by 4EstGump on Jan 3, 2020, 5:57:31 PM
Anyone have advice for what I can change or update?

I'm debating over which one of those helmets I should use. I'm running a tremor rod so I would guess the one with flat lightning is the best choice since I'm not linking arc in my helmet. Any suggestions?
I finished act 10 and and deciding whether to gear out this build, or one of the dedicated arc mines builds with no other mines (with kaoms heart usually for survival). Is a "boss killer" like ball lightning really needed for this build?
Also is it an options to have one "arc" tremor rod and one "boss killer" tremor rod and weapon swap between them with "X" for metamorphs and bosses? It seems like a simple solution, but I havent seen anyone mention it.
Spoiler
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
"

Spoiler
Hey I only just briefly looked at your gear but noticed 2 things:
No anointment on Amulet and you aren't using skitterbots. You could also switch out one of your rings for Call of the Brotherhood as you are using both arc and lightning ball, so the cold damage conversion would help with freeze. Seems a lot of people are getting rid of essence worm so you could just drop zealotry altogether and go skitter + precision lvl 1.
Spoiler

Okay thanks for the input. Is my current amulet good enough to anoint or should I look for one better before anointing? If it’s not good enough, are there other anoints that are cheaper than Destructive Apparatus (oils are fairly expensive on console) for the time being on this one?

Why skitterbots? Their ailment auras? I never noticed a difference when I removed them after leveling so I’m just curious as to the reasoning.
Also should I be using a totem to detonate my mines or should I just be self detonating? Or do the skitterbots handle most of that?

For boots enchant I can just spam run any lab?
Any input on weapon situation?

Edit: also I’m using elemental focus on Ball Lightning. Is that correct? Wouldn’t that conflict with call of the brotherhood for ailment procs?

There are some anointments you can get for cheap if you think you are going to upgrade your amulet at some point. I have divine judgement right now which is black, sepia, teal. I don't know how much that is on console but I think it was only 10-15c on PC.

Skitterbots gives 10% increased mine damage as well as shock and chill. I don't really know the math but they're recommended a lot in the last few pages of this thread.

Honestly, I don't use the totem. I didn't like how it felt and I prefer to self-detonate. It also frees up some gem slots.

For boots, the higher the lab, the better enchants you can get. So if you can run uber, then do that. You can get a prophecy that will let you get an additional enchant per lab and sometimes the dark shrines give you one so you could be getting 3 tries per lab, potentially.

As to your question about Call of the Brotherhood vs Elemental Focus, you're right, the elemental focus will prevent it from applying there. I just learned that after researching. It still helps with arc though and freezing things like porcupines so they shatter instead of explode. I don't know if a rare would be better there or not, I'm keeping mine for now.

For weapons, I'm really not sure at all how it is on console for searching. For crafting, I was just researching this recently and have some of the same questions you do. I think you'd want to start by getting a shaper sceptre (opal or void have the highest implicit ele dmg) and in order to get the highest "Elemental damage as extra chaos damage" roll it needs to be ilvl 85 or higher. Then you probably try to get that + another useful stat, regal it and then from there is where I'm not sure. Multi mod recipe you can get from the Pale Court and counts as a suffix as well as one of the "three crafted modifiers" so you can get the multimod + 2 other crafts.

Okay! After a long day of this miserable auction house I have revamped pretty much all of my gear and only spent about 150c. Definitely better but still not shredding single target? Anything stand out to you? Trying to get a decent boot enchant now, I think I’ve done everything else recommended. Also I switched elemental focus for lightning pen since using call of the brotherhood.

Edit: also what is you guys Crit chance at/what is recommended? I’m at 33% buffed and don’t feel like that’s great.
Last edited by Al Kharid Guard on Jan 3, 2020, 10:42:45 PM
Sooo I'm not really a fan of totem mentioned here in build, I can proc mines myself.
What could be a good replacement for it? Consecrated grounds with Cast When Damage Taken?
Also my Arc is on 19lvl and Ball Light is on 20 and I found myself using BL for waveclear with big success dunno if its because I don't have 20lvl on Arc but it seems that BL is capable of waveclear as well as single target dmg, which could potentially free 4 gems on helmet. If I'm right what do you think would he good to put there?
Also vol.2 which annointments are preferred?
"

Okay! After a long day of this miserable auction house I have revamped pretty much all of my gear and only spent about 150c. Definitely better but still not shredding single target? Anything stand out to you? Trying to get a decent boot enchant now, I think I’ve done everything else recommended. Also I switched elemental focus for lightning pen since using call of the brotherhood.

Edit: also what is you guys Crit chance at/what is recommended? I’m at 33% buffed and don’t feel like that’s great.

I am not a fan of element penetration for a single element if you use mixed damage, like you do with Call of the Brotherhood. Would look into using something else instead.

You want a 6L loreweave eventually and some more jewels. If I compare my builds and yours you seem to lack a bit of damage to spells on helmet, weapons and jewels. It is quite a big damage improvement. Watcher's eye is always nice with lightning damage while affected by wrath, elemental penetration for crits while affected by zealotry, crit multiplier while affected by precision, see what you can find.

Use Atziri'S Promise it is 15% more damage overall, you can easily get it yourself if you have the fragments for it.

On gloves you can craft increased damage during any flask effect (Syndicate mod), but this is more luxury and not high prio.

You are at the point where expect the one flask it get's hard to get upgrades. Maybe try to get a good rolled Loreweave and try to 6L it on the side, maybe you are lucky like me and get it in around 300 fusings (don't forget to make it 20% quality first), or save up and buy one, dunno what is easier on consoles.

"
Domen122 wrote:
Sooo I'm not really a fan of totem mentioned here in build, I can proc mines myself.
What could be a good replacement for it? Consecrated grounds with Cast When Damage Taken?
Also my Arc is on 19lvl and Ball Light is on 20 and I found myself using BL for waveclear with big success dunno if its because I don't have 20lvl on Arc but it seems that BL is capable of waveclear as well as single target dmg, which could potentially free 4 gems on helmet. If I'm right what do you think would he good to put there?
Also vol.2 which annointments are preferred?

Ball Lightning can totally waveclear and there are builds only using it, but arc is still way faster and can clear a complete screen and even offscreen. Ball Lightning is simple to slow for it.

You probably want a level 21 Arc, since it gets another chain at level 21 and is quite a big damage boost. I never had problems with arc not clearing the map and only used it in quite a bad pseudo 5L in the beginning. Dunno what you would use the other 4 gems slots.

You can search the forum for pure Ball Lightning builds and look what is recommended there.
Suggestions for my Miner ?

I know I don't utilize the Helmet well, but I'm not sure what I can change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info