[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

Spoiler
"
Hey all - I've read a good bit of this thread and there is a lot of great info to the point where it feels a little overwhelming.

I have spent a lot of time, effort, and ex on getting my miner character to where it is now, and am looking at what I can do next. From reading, it looks like removing skitterbots and essence worm may be a logical next step, but there seems to be some variance in what is possible/recommended.

I do have another diamond ring that is almost identical to the one I am wearing right now (but with t1 mana regen instead of resist I believe). As for Auras, is there something recommended there? I saw someone with a level 1 precision aura for instance.

Either way, thanks in advance for the feedback!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/dmzxls/characters

Also, I know my potions situation is a little odd.

One other thing I've struggled with is which anointment to put on my amulet. I've got the oils to grease it up however I want - but 1: Is the current amulet I have good enough to go all in on, and 2: what's the best choice given my gear?

Alright quick glance at your build, you’re off to a great start, a few key pieces and you’ll be smashing everything.
1. Replace your diamond ring with Call of the Brotherhood to freeze/shatter every mob w Arc = no more after death effects and a lot less random deaths.
2. Keep skitterbots and Essence Worm w Zealotry or Wrath (whichever Watcher’s Eye you end up getting) in addition to the level 1 precision if you can find a space for it (free 40% Crit chance at the cost of less than 40 mana)
3. Enchant your boots! I cannot tell you enough how much of a difference this made for me. “Adds 1-160 lightning damage if you haven’t killed recently” is always active since our mines do our killing for us. Incredible damage boost.
4. Anointment - Divine Judgment is more than sufficient and cheap enough to slap on every amulet you might switch between. There’s a few others that might be better but I can’t justify the price difference.

And to the other guy asking how to get the weapons without multimodding and the helmet like I have, just buy it. Search for “%of non chaos as chaos damage” on high iLvl sceptres and filter through your choices and buy the ones with the most added lightning damage to spells and Crit, and for helmet just buy one w Supported by Blastchain Mine or Supported by T&M Damage (or both) and the most beneficial other rolls.
Spoiler
"
etherel90 wrote:
So I decided to go for crafting a weapon since I feel most of my other gear is set.

I ended up with this:

Unavailable

I'm very annoyed right now because in my excitement, I crafted the wrong prefix, so there goes 2ex down the drain. I'm going to recraft as soon as I can get a couple more ex and change the "7% Lightning as extra chaos" to the Spell Damage + Non-Chaos as Extra chaos mod.

To anyone who has been asking questions or wondering about crafting a weapon, here's what I did. Be prepared, just for the multimod + one of the mods, you're looking at 3ex and that's not counting the anulls+alts you'll need, so make sure you know what you're getting into.

Spoiler
1) Get an ilvl 85+ Void/Opal Shaper Sceptre. (For wands or daggers, I don't know what base you want). Void/Opal both have the highest Elemental Damage Implicit, just different attribute requirements.
2) Alt spam until you hit "Gain #% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage" Prefix. ilvl 85+ can have the highest tier at 8%. Mine rolled T2 but I had a great suffix so I kept it. Depending on your currency, use an orb of augmentation every time you hit a 1 suffix no prefix roll to see if can augment on the prefix you want.
3) If you get your Prefix roll and a bad suffix, annul and augment until you get a good suffix or your prefix gets rolled off, then back to step 2. I think in the current economy it is more cost effective to annul at this stage because I was only hitting that prefix on average 1 time out of every 40-60 alts.
4) Once you get your prefix/suffix combo, regal and hope you get a good 3rd mod. If not, annul and hope it's the bad one or scour and back to step 2.
5) Time to Multi-Mod. This mod comes from a recipe in the Pale Court. You can either get it yourself or sometimes people give this away or sell in Global 820. It also costs 2ex to craft this.
5) The way Multimod works now is "Can Have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers." This, in itself, counts as 1 of the 3 mods and is also a Suffix. So depending on whether you rolled a prefix or suffix with your Regal, you will have either 2 open prefixes, or 1 prefix 1 suffix left to craft.
6) For your first prefix you want Spell Damage + % of Non-Chaos as Extra Chaos. This is a mod that comes from Veiled It That Fled Weapons. You can buy veiled ITF weapons from the official trading site. At Rank 3 this caps out at 50% increased Spell Damage and 4% of Non-Chaos Damage as Extra Chaos Damage. This counts as 1 prefix for both mods, which is great. Tier 3 costs another exalt though, so it's expensive.
7) Your last mod will depend on whether you have an open prefix/suffix and what mods you rolled from your original suffix and regal. But those are the basics.

Oh boy is that pretty. First of all Congrats on getting that far and second thanks for the detailed explanation. I think that’s my next step is to start going for sceptres like that. Also Don’t be too annoyed, I somehow accidentally crafted tier 3 penetrates 9% of elemental resist instead of tier 2 on one of my current weapons and that cost me an exalt as well lol. I need to hunt for It That Fled though I guess because I doubt I’ll be able to search that specifically on console.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
I need to hunt for It That Fled though I guess because I doubt I’ll be able to search that specifically on console.

Thanks! I need to craft a second now. Yeah, I guess without the trade site it's hard to filter that specifically on console. You may be able to find people who are selling veiled and ask if they have any "It That Fled" ones. If there is a similar button on console like Alt on PC where it will reveal additional info about the item (tiers of mods, value ranges for mods, etc) then by pressing that it will tell you if the item is just a generic veiled, or a syndicate member specific.

I was already at Tier 1 Spell Damage + Non-Chaos as Extra Chaos and it took me maybe 20 unveils to get to Tier 3 and I want to say it was only 4 or 5 hits of the correct unveiling in total. I suppose that part is down to luck, though. At the end of the day, if you can't get to Tier 3, the difference between Tier 2 and 3 is a maximum of 9% additional spell damage and 1% non-chaos as extra chaos, so it wouldn't be the end of the world.
is it mandatory to use these rings?
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
"
dragnmith1 wrote:

No, it's not. You could use 2 rare rings if you want. Call of the Brotherhood helps a lot with freezing enemies while clearing with arc, which will shatter things like porcupines and whatnot. Essence worm is good if you end up getting a Watcher's Eye jewel that has a Wrath or Zealotry mod so you can gain the benefits without lowering your mana pool (which is effective HP with MoM).

If you don't go with the Essence Worm, just use skitterbots and Precision lvl 1.
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
dragnmith1 wrote:

No, it's not. You could use 2 rare rings if you want. Call of the Brotherhood helps a lot with freezing enemies while clearing with arc, which will shatter things like porcupines and whatnot. Essence worm is good if you end up getting a Watcher's Eye jewel that has a Wrath or Zealotry mod so you can gain the benefits without lowering your mana pool (which is effective HP with MoM).

If you don't go with the Essence Worm, just use skitterbots and Precision lvl 1.
k thx for quick responce
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ

Ok, I did it.
Hey guys, I've been doing pretty well with this build so far, I'm just getting into T16 maps. Fighting the conquerors has been sort of okay, but I just got destroyed by Sirus. I seem to have sort of hit a wall, I feel like I am not doing as much damage as I should be and am therefore dieing more than I'd like.

Could anyone take a look at my character (dazedcucumber) and help me out a bit. I know I need some upgrades, I'm just not sure what would be the most beneficial. I always feel like I'm in over my head with this game. I'd appreciate it, thanks!
I'd love it if someone could have a look at my character lightning aftertaste and offer any advice.

I got a bit confused with the differences between the PoB version and the forum version but i think i'm back on track. Have about 3 exalts to play with currently and a huge stockpile of maps. Back to work next monday so playtime will be reduced quite a bit. Have had a single attempt at Sirus, seemed ok. I feel like my arc damage is pretty awesome but my single target is a bit average.
"
mbpiac6 wrote:

Could anyone take a look at my character (dazedcucumber) and help me out a bit. I know I need some upgrades, I'm just not sure what would be the most beneficial. I always feel like I'm in over my head with this game. I'd appreciate it, thanks!

Spoiler
Ok, couple quick things. Gear wise, you'd probably have to check PoB but you might be better off going dual wield sceptre/wand/dagger than going with the 6-link Tremor Rod. I'd also switch out your Pyroclast setup for Ball Lightning. Should scale better off of all the added lightning damage. Get an anointment on your amulet. Destructive Apparatus is a good one as it has offensive and defensive bonuses. Getting a 6L or even 5L Loreweave will be a big offensive boost too and the extra max resist is nice. Go for an enchantment on your boots. Either 1 to 160 Lightning Damage while you haven't killed recently or penetrate resist while you haven't killed recently. It'll always be up as your mines don't count as "you" killing. Change out your Basalt Flask with an Atziri's Promise and move the warding suffix to your mana flask. Your could also make a couple changes on your passive tree. Get rid of all the points down below Acrobatics, that'll free up 7 points. You also have an extra point allocated near High Explosives that is not needed. Remove that, now you have 8 points free. Take Throatseeker cluster for 4 points. Then grab 2 of the Jewel Nodes you are only 2 points away from and grab 2 new jewels that have 7% max life, crit strike multiplier and some damage mod, either flat lighting or increased lightning.

"
dark_nebula wrote:

I'd love it if someone could have a look at my character lightning aftertaste and offer any advice.

I got a bit confused with the differences between the PoB version and the forum version but i think i'm back on track. Have about 3 exalts to play with currently and a huge stockpile of maps. Back to work next monday so playtime will be reduced quite a bit. Have had a single attempt at Sirus, seemed ok. I feel like my arc damage is pretty awesome but my single target is a bit average.

Spoiler
Ok, firstly I'd switch out your 6-link for a Ball Lightning setup instead of pyroclast. You left your skitterbots at lvl 1 which is leaving out a lot of damage as their shock/chill effect scales with their level. You could get a new boot enchant from uber lab, either ele penetration or flat lightning damage when you haven't killed recently. Since your mines don't count as "you" it'll be a permanent boost. Change out your basalt flask with an atziri's promise. Get an anointment on your amulet like Destructive Apparatus. With your passive tree, you have a redundant point in your Successive Detonations cluster. Remove the critical strike chance node. Throatseeker is a really good damage cluster. I'd respec out of Saboteur and the node next to it as well as one of your 5% life nodes to grab the 4 points to Throatseeker as it should be an overall damage increase. This is also personal preference, but unless you love it, I'd get rid of the detonate totem setup and grab Righteous Fire and maybe a stone golem. The righteous fire will support your skitterbots as well as proc your Explosives Expert Ascendency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info