[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

Hey guys

New to this build and just got back into PoE. I've gone through a lot of comments as well as the guide and the PoB and its information overload! It seems like there are so many possibilities and different ways to do this build.

Can anyone take a look at my gear/passives and give me some advice on which direction to head in? What would be some good gear upgrades to focus on? Should I be going for jewels? Is it more important to focus on a 6L loreweave or maybe some wands/scepters?

I'm currently using 6L Pyroclast mines and haven't had any issues with clearing or damage yet, though i'm still only doing t4 and t5 maps. What is the 6L for Ball lightning? I've seen a lot of people saying its best but not sure what to link it with.

Any C&C is appreciated!
Hello.
I've been enjoying this build a lot.
I'm wondering if using Agnerod is a good idea? I put arc on it.
Also, at what point should I switch out essence worm? I just hit lvl 90 and wondering what else I can start improving from here on out.
Does it matter if you use wands instead of dual sceptres? In the path of building link i see wands.
Last edited by blademaster48 on Jan 5, 2020, 1:50:59 PM
Spoiler
"
NopileosX2 wrote:
"

Okay that all makes a lot of sense thanks for the explanation. I got arc chains an additional time so I’ll definitely stick with that, my clear is insane right now.

So The CWDT w desecrate and volatile dead, what level cwdt do you recommend? I have it at 4 rn and the other gems at the appropriate levels to still proc but I still don’t really notice the effect too often. I see it happening but not too noticeable, is there something I’m missing? I also have no idea what else I would put in its place anyway.

On main link, if lightning pen isn’t recommended and elemental focus prevents proc of ailments from call of brotherhood, what is best for the final gem slot?

Maybe Controlled Destruction, it lowers the crit chance but I think it would still be better.
Also I don't really know how often Ball Lightning would proc ailments, since it hits with low damage very often and a
hit has to at least deal 0.2% of the max hp to even have a chance of applying any ailment. I currently use Elemental Focus because of it, but maybe I will try to use something different and see if it feels different.

A replacement could also be one of the new awakening gems, like added lightning or cold damage, especially added lightning damage on level 5 would give us one more level on ball lightning, which would result in 9% just form that.

So I’m really liking controlled destruction but if Ball Lightning struggles with proccing ailments as you say it would definitely be better to use Elemental Focus. I just feel like losing the chance to shock is a big penalty no?
A few awakening gems are starting to pop up on console so I’ll keep checking on them.

Since my last post I 6 linked a Loreweave (400 fusings), hit level 90 and got a double zealotry watchers eye for new jewel slot, and qualitied most of my support gems finally and I’m flowing very smooth in 13 and 14s haven’t tried anything higher yet. Anything obvious left for me to upgrade?

To address some of the other more recent questions from others:
1. multimod is a few recipes that you can obtain fairly easily but the act multimodding costs multiple exalts. use tremor rod until you can get any dual weapon combo of wand/sceptre/(dagger?) with “%of non chaos as chaos damage” on both and preferably “penetrates % of elemental resists” on at least one with as much Crit multi and Crit chance for spells as you can.
2. I think we’re all still using essence worm? Just have unreserved mana over 2k and you should be fine either way as long as precision is level 1.
Edit: by unreserved mana I meant without the auras activated, sorry if my terminology is still a little fuzzy. I have 1061 mana “unreserved” with zealotry, skitterbots, and precision active w Essence Worm it just requires you to use a mana flask but it’s never really a huge inconvenience so far.
Last edited by Al Kharid Guard on Jan 5, 2020, 8:14:07 PM
"

So I’m really liking controlled destruction but if Ball Lightning struggles with proccing ailments as you say it would definitely be better to use Elemental Focus. I just feel like losing the chance to shock is a big penalty no?
A few awakening gems are starting to pop up on console so I’ll keep checking on them.

I played a bit with both gems now and yeah you definitely feel the difference if you can freeze and shock the boss, but it more or less only happened against bosses I kill in a few seconds anyway.

I guess I would only replace it with a awakened added lighting damage on level 5, because with this setup you might be able to proc ailments on bosses with more HP, in PoB even a awakened added lightning damage on level 5 is worse than elemental focus. So maybe it is just beter to get awakened elemental focus instead for 10% more damage at level 5.

But all this are just luxury upgrades. I faceroll almost all content currently with this build and melt almost all bosses in seconds. The only ones I actully have to fight are Sirus, Elder, Shaper, Elder Guardians by some extent and Shaper Guardians. I never actually fought against any of the conquerors because they just die in the opening animation. So don't know if I even want to min max this anymore.
Just to share my new won information with people in this thread. A bit embarrassing but I somehow never read it that skitterbots have an aura, one bot chills and the other one shocks. As far as I can tell it works on everything that can be chilled or shocked. Never realized because of all the visual clutter currently.

So bosses should always be chilled and shocked if they are not immune to it.
Hey all - I've read a good bit of this thread and there is a lot of great info to the point where it feels a little overwhelming.

I have spent a lot of time, effort, and ex on getting my miner character to where it is now, and am looking at what I can do next. From reading, it looks like removing skitterbots and essence worm may be a logical next step, but there seems to be some variance in what is possible/recommended.

I do have another diamond ring that is almost identical to the one I am wearing right now (but with t1 mana regen instead of resist I believe). As for Auras, is there something recommended there? I saw someone with a level 1 precision aura for instance.

Either way, thanks in advance for the feedback!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/dmzxls/characters

Also, I know my potions situation is a little odd.

One other thing I've struggled with is which anointment to put on my amulet. I've got the oils to grease it up however I want - but 1: Is the current amulet I have good enough to go all in on, and 2: what's the best choice given my gear?
Last edited by mrdandandan on Jan 6, 2020, 9:20:01 AM
What's the best way to craft the helm and scepters? I noticed a lot of you aren't using multimod scepters but have most of the stats needed. Would love to upgrade from a tremor rod and I think I have the currency for it, just need to know how to craft them.
So I decided to go for crafting a weapon since I feel most of my other gear is set.

I ended up with this:

I'm very annoyed right now because in my excitement, I crafted the wrong prefix, so there goes 2ex down the drain. I'm going to recraft as soon as I can get a couple more ex and change the "7% Lightning as extra chaos" to the Spell Damage + Non-Chaos as Extra chaos mod.

To anyone who has been asking questions or wondering about crafting a weapon, here's what I did. Be prepared, just for the multimod + one of the mods, you're looking at 3ex and that's not counting the anulls+alts you'll need, so make sure you know what you're getting into.

Spoiler
1) Get an ilvl 85+ Void/Opal Shaper Sceptre. (For wands or daggers, I don't know what base you want). Void/Opal both have the highest Elemental Damage Implicit, just different attribute requirements.
2) Alt spam until you hit "Gain #% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage" Prefix OR Gain #% of Lightning Damage as Extra Chaos damage. ilvl 85+ can have the highest tier at 8% or up to 13% for lightning damage specifically. Mine rolled T2 but I had a great suffix so I kept it. If you get a roll with only a good suffix like spell damage or critical strike multi, use an augment orb and hope you get one of the 2 prefixes.
3) Now you should have a magic item with a good suffix and one of the two prefixes. There are a couple options here. You can use a beastcrafiting recipe to imprint the item. Then once you regal it, if you end up with a bad mod, you can imprint back to the 2 mod magic item and try again. Or you can just YOLO regal and hope you get a good mod. If you don't, you can just proceed to multimodding or scour and start over.
5) Time to Multi-Mod. This mod comes from a recipe in the Pale Court. You can either get it yourself or sometimes people give this away or sell in Global 820. It also costs 2ex to craft this.
5) The way Multimod works now is "Can Have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers." This, in itself, counts as 1 of the 3 mods and is also a Suffix. So depending on whether you rolled a prefix or suffix with your Regal, you will have either 2 open prefixes, or 1 prefix 1 suffix left to craft.
6) For your first prefix you want Spell Damage + % of Non-Chaos as Extra Chaos. This is a mod that comes from Veiled It That Fled Weapons. You can buy veiled ITF weapons from the official trading site. At Rank 3 this caps out at 50% increased Spell Damage and 4% of Non-Chaos Damage as Extra Chaos Damage. This counts as 1 prefix for both mods, which is great. Tier 3 costs another exalt though, so it's expensive.
7) Your last mod will depend on whether you have an open prefix/suffix and what mods you rolled from your original suffix and regal. But those are the basics.

Edited to correct some mistakes and add additional information.
Last edited by etherel90 on Jan 9, 2020, 12:14:09 PM
"
NopileosX2 wrote:
Just to share my new won information with people in this thread. A bit embarrassing but I somehow never read it that skitterbots have an aura, one bot chills and the other one shocks. As far as I can tell it works on everything that can be chilled or shocked. Never realized because of all the visual clutter currently.

So bosses should always be chilled and shocked if they are not immune to it.

Okay I realized about the skitterbot aura but never made that connection. So bosses are already always shocked, great. I’m not sure how much weight I should put into the tooltip dps in game but elemental focus was like 15% more tooltip dps so I had just been running with it.
I also am steamrolling all content except the occasional beefed metamorph but this is only my second league, and first one getting to this point so I will continue to try and do what I can with it to continue. I haven’t attempted Sirus yet but just got my 20th watchstone so we’ll see how that goes and take it from there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info