Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Domen122 wrote:
I see that some of you are running righteous fire. How to use it to not die from burning? From what i see in skill desc there is no way to turn it off abd ut burns you pretty fast

You only use the Vaal version of it for extra burst. It provides you with 28% increased damage, which is often the difference between killing a metamorph in an instant or having a longer fight because of the whole morphing.

I would recommend trying it out especially if you feel like you lack single target dps.

Hey, it says fire pen is a blue gem but it is red.
Is this good chest for this build?
Last edited by chebanov on Jan 2, 2020, 1:59:14 PM
Currently having an amazing experience with this build, wanted to try a tier 11 map as lvl 67 and i absolutely melted it with a 6 link tremor rod and some mixed items. really looking forward maxing out this build
Just finished the campaign as an Arc Miner on my second character this league (Cyclone Glad wasn't working out killing bosses on Red Maps).

I was following a Pastebin Ziz put up on YouTube before the league started and it's a bit different from some of the advice I've scrolled back and read through over here. The biggest difference was adding a single target/Boss Killer in my six-link instead of just Arc.

I'm kind of bummed a lot of the criticism I had with my last build seem to echoed over here, survival is rough and bosses can get tough to kill, but I guess that's true for everyone not dropping an EX+ on every slot or running a Necro.

So my questions stem from the different setups I've seen while viewing profiles- hoping someone could highlight any big-picture reasoning besides "PoB told me it was better."

1. Essence Wurm and/or Call of the Brotherhood Rings VS. Rares

Is this just a matter of getting resistances/Hp/Mana in order before moving into the Unique rings?

2. Final Gem in 6-link with Ball-Lightning

Lightning Pen vs. Inspiration vs. Minefield Support. Personally I find Inspiration annoying with how it interacts with my mana pool. Any justification/breakpoints in using one of these over the other?

3. Wands vs. Daggers

Ziz's Guide was all over Daggers for getting as much crit as possible, but just about everyone I inspect over here is on wands. Having a hard time figuring out which stats are worth paying a premium for- High Spell Damage vs. High Crit vs. Added Elemental damage. Crit Multiplier seems like a no brainer, but most folks seem to only run that on one wand? If my Goal is killing 4-stone Conquerer's how much should I expect to spend per weapon?

4. Volatile Dead / Desecrate / Life Leech / CWDT

What's the story with this gem combo I see some folks running? When is this a good idea to run?

Finally, there isn't a way to see a characters stat sheet in their profile is there? Just gear and tree? Curious to see what folks resistance/HP/and mana numbers look like, as I'm always 25-35% less than recommended values despite trying to get as defense as possible in most affix slots.

"
setcamper wrote:

2. Final Gem in 6-link with Ball-Lightning

Lightning Pen vs. Inspiration vs. Minefield Support. Personally I find Inspiration annoying with how it interacts with my mana pool. Any justification/breakpoints in using one of these over the other?

Lightning depends on if you are using Call of the Brotherhood or not. If you don't use it it should be worth it and give you more damage to bosses. If you use Call of the Brotherhood Inspiration is better. What exactly is your problem with Inspiration? Mines are super low mana and extremely fast to throw, so you are basically always at 5 stacks.

"
setcamper wrote:

3. Wands vs. Daggers

Ziz's Guide was all over Daggers for getting as much crit as possible, but just about everyone I inspect over here is on wands. Having a hard time figuring out which stats are worth paying a premium for- High Spell Damage vs. High Crit vs. Added Elemental damage. Crit Multiplier seems like a no brainer, but most folks seem to only run that on one wand? If my Goal is killing 4-stone Conquerer's how much should I expect to spend per weapon?

With a Diamond flask crit chance has diminishing returns. So every point of crit chance you get is actually worth less than the one before. If I replace spell damage with a equivalent amount of crit in PoB I lose damage. This is of course dependent on your crit multiplier. I have around 500% crit multiplier. From my testing in PoB there is no significant difference between scepters, wands and daggers, the important thing is you get all the good mods on them.

"
setcamper wrote:

Finally, there isn't a way to see a characters stat sheet in their profile is there? Just gear and tree? Curious to see what folks resistance/HP/and mana numbers look like, as I'm always 25-35% less than recommended values despite trying to get as defense as possible in most affix slots.

With PoB you can import any char form any profile that is public. Go into Path of Building, create a new build, click Import/Export, On Character importer select PC (should be default) and enter the name of the account (e.g. NopileosX2 if you want to look at my char, or your own name) and click Start. After that you can select a character and import the passive tree, jewels, items and skills. then you will see the resistances and everything.
Hello,
Im playing poe for first time. Can someone look on my arc mine character and give me some advices?
How should i build my gems now, and what should i invest first in my eq.
Just little advices for newbie in PoE.
I have 2ex.
Last edited by Vlaaqo on Jan 2, 2020, 6:02:53 PM
"
Vlaaqo wrote:
Hello,
Im playing poe for first time. Can someone look on my arc mine character and give me some advices?
I have 2ex.

Your characters are private you have to make them public, so people can see them and give you advice. Go to your profile (click on your name at the top left) and go to Privacy settings and uncheck Hide Characters tab.
"
Vlaaqo wrote:
Hello,
I have 2ex.

Use path of building and have a look at the build posted in the guide (the pastebin link). Try to follow that. Number one priority right now is getting your resistances to 75%, getting 5 link tremor rod and a good flask setup.

Also try to understand which stats are important and for what reason.

Also take your time.
Than you for replay.
1. In this build i have all res on 75%. What should i change in my gem set if i add a 5 link tremor rod? Switch gems from Tabula to rod, than buy some rare body armor? What gems in armor?
2. What should i add to my boost 4L setup (Precision-Clarity-Skitterbots) - Enligten? I think precision is to many mana reserved for this build. Clarity + Skkitterbots and Wrath in my ring is enought?
3. Does phase run work good in my 4L boots?
4. 4L in my gloves is my experimental add to build. It is good addition for boost my dmg on big bosses?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info