[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
parvova wrote:
Hello.
Such a question, how to sustain mana on bosses?
Against guardians gradually end flasks.
My gear now:

Spoiler

I use against bosses Ball Lightning. For cleaning, Arc.
My PoB: https://pastebin.com/GydmcQPQ

To sum it up, I would say that you have too much defense, and not enough offense. The fight should be over before you run out of flask charges.

More details:
- You don't have a lot of damage to spells, or increased #% crit chance/crit multi, or +#% elemental/lightning damage on your gear.
- Your elemental resistances are way too over capped.
- Your maximum elemental resistance is not Lightning but Fire. So Wise Oak gives you a boost to Fire damage, which your mines don't deal. I would use your Atziri's Flast, not Wise Oak.
- Also Kaom's boost to Fire damage is wasted.
- Use Vaal Righteous Fire (not the regular Righteous Fire) in order to boost damage against bosses).

For end game, it is recommended to switch to 6L chest, dual wield scepters (the great ones are expensive but they will give you way more damage than Tremor Rod), and run arc in your helmet with a shaper helm with Trap and Mine Damage or something similar, and Ball Lightning in your chest. If going that route, I would make the following changes:
- For auras, it seems like you made the choice to not run with Mind Over Matter, so you can have more reserved mana. It is a choice, but if you decide to remove Kaom's Heart and take Mind Over Matter to compensate, the 2 auras you should run would be Skitterbots linked to Infernal Legion, as well as Precision lvl 1 (do not lvl it up).
- If switching to Mind Over Matter, get some mana on your gear.
- I would run CWDT at a lower lvl than what you have, but that might be more of a personal preference.
- You use 3 Passive Points to get to the Jewel Slot in which you have your Watcher's Eye. You can get to Jewel Sockets with only 2 Passive Points at other places on the tree.
- I would also remove the Sanctity Passive, as well as Mind Drinker (I don't think you can leech when it is your mines doing the damage). With the above change, that would give you 4 Passive Points that you can use elsewhere, like Mind Over Matter and Arcane Will for example.
Hey guys.

Im currently using Ice spear for bosses but im thinking about switching to ball lightning. Should i switch?
I know my weapons are not that great but thats my next job to improve them :D

This is my current build(POB):
https://pastebin.com/mkVeE63X

Any help would be great :)
Hi. Can some experienced players watch my profile and say, what can i improve? And are those daggers good for this build or it's better to take 6l Tremor.
Thanks!
"
Yethike wrote:
Hey guys.

Im currently using Ice spear for bosses but im thinking about switching to ball lightning. Should i switch?
I know my weapons are not that great but thats my next job to improve them :D

This is my current build(POB):
https://pastebin.com/mkVeE63X

Any help would be great :)

Just try it out. I also just bought the gems at 20/20 which was not that expensive and run some maps to test it out. For me it felt way better and did not regret making the switch. Also damage felt better right of the bat, since it is actually way more consistent than Ice Spear and also clear the trash mobs in a boss fight.

Just so you know Innervate doesn't fully work with mines, you won't get the buff. So optimally you want some other stuff instead, like more added damage to spells.
Why use clear mind jewel? Mines always reserves mana or it doesnt affect?
It has probably been answered somewhere in here but I searched for while and could not find it.

But what links would you use for Ball Lightning?

I feel like I have more +lightning going on and it also just seems like a better skill than Ice Spear. So making the switch

Also I do almost 0 damage. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Other than the obvious that I have way over capped res. Which I am currently fixing. https://pastebin.com/d5DuRp8W
Last edited by SevynMS on Dec 31, 2019, 6:28:57 AM
"
NopileosX2 wrote:
"
Hello,
i have crafted 2 sceptres that i think are good but now my damage is waaay lower than using trenor rod even it's my first time crafting and these stuff but i hope someone can help me out since i can't progress any further as i do no damage.

Here is my pob:
https://pastebin.com/bYgjWk3H

I will apperciate any help,thanks.

I copied your weapons and used it in my setup and only lose a few percent of damage with them, so the weapons itself are fine. Now that you amde the switch you want a Helmet with Blastchain Mine or Trap and Mine Damage on it so you have a psuedo 5L for arc.

Some more points:
-Use Atziri's Promsie instead of the Wise Oak
-Amulet with crit multiplier
-Get the jewel sockets in the tree and socket in gems with lightning damage to spells, or more crit multiplier along some life or life%
-Get gems to level 20 and 20 quality

Also you can think about switching to Ball Lightning. I still don't know how it compares to Pyroclast Mine, but compared to Ice Spear, it was a huge damage improvement, along with the Call of the Brotherhood Ring. You can check out my build (https://pastebin.com/nYR4Zi3J) and take it as an inspiration. It is still in progress and not perfect so don't try to copy it to hard and just look what I have and what you have and what is the best way to improve your dps.

I am currently able to clear T16 without problems and kill T16 juiced up metamoprhs in 2-3 seconds on average. Also the new atals bossfights are over before they begin expect Sirius ofc.

I just noticed your discussion on using Ball Lightning instead of Ice Spear and Pyroclast Mine. I'm unable to use your pastebin, but could you please let me know if you use Ball Lightning as a standalone skill, or as mine skill, just like the arc setup. Generally I would just like to know what your gem setup is for Ball Lighting.
"
Varulfur wrote:

To sum it up, I would say that you have too much defense, and not enough offense. The fight should be over before you run out of flask charges.

More details:
- You don't have a lot of damage to spells, or increased #% crit chance/crit multi, or +#% elemental/lightning damage on your gear.
- Your elemental resistances are way too over capped.
- Your maximum elemental resistance is not Lightning but Fire. So Wise Oak gives you a boost to Fire damage, which your mines don't deal. I would use your Atziri's Flast, not Wise Oak.
- Also Kaom's boost to Fire damage is wasted.
- Use Vaal Righteous Fire (not the regular Righteous Fire) in order to boost damage against bosses).

For end game, it is recommended to switch to 6L chest, dual wield scepters (the great ones are expensive but they will give you way more damage than Tremor Rod), and run arc in your helmet with a shaper helm with Trap and Mine Damage or something similar, and Ball Lightning in your chest. If going that route, I would make the following changes:
- For auras, it seems like you made the choice to not run with Mind Over Matter, so you can have more reserved mana. It is a choice, but if you decide to remove Kaom's Heart and take Mind Over Matter to compensate, the 2 auras you should run would be Skitterbots linked to Infernal Legion, as well as Precision lvl 1 (do not lvl it up).
- If switching to Mind Over Matter, get some mana on your gear.
- I would run CWDT at a lower lvl than what you have, but that might be more of a personal preference.
- You use 3 Passive Points to get to the Jewel Slot in which you have your Watcher's Eye. You can get to Jewel Sockets with only 2 Passive Points at other places on the tree.
- I would also remove the Sanctity Passive, as well as Mind Drinker (I don't think you can leech when it is your mines doing the damage). With the above change, that would give you 4 Passive Points that you can use elsewhere, like Mind Over Matter and Arcane Will for example.

Thank you very much for the answer!
I followed your advice and made changes to my build.
Wands yet are shit. I'm saving up for good ones.
My build now:
Spoiler

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/1PzpeZfZ
Last edited by parvova on Dec 31, 2019, 10:40:37 AM
"
parvova wrote:

Thank you very much for the answer!
I followed your advice and made changes to my build.
Wands, meanwhile, are shit. I'm saving up for good ones.

Hey, thanks for following up. It looks great now, it seems you had a lot of currency to invest, that's nice! I hope it achieves what you were hoping for.

Wands might not be the best but they'll do for now. I'm still on wands too and I am doing ok on T16 even if some bosses take some time to kill.
anyone think about going ES with this build? life pool seem's very low..not saying LL just es with zealots n pain attument? any thoughts
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info