[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Laviniss wrote:
Got a quick question here since I just started playing this build.

I noticed at some point we switch from arc to ice spear? When will this be?
Also how "tanky" is this build?

Sorry for the noob questions.

Hi! You should not switch but use both. Arc is used for clearing packs, and ice spear is your single target spell (can be pyroclast or ball lightning too if you read the few previous pages of the thread).

This build is not really tanky, you should stay far from the fight and get out of the way of mechanics. A good mana pool helps since we are taking the Mind Over Matter Passive.
"
Varulfur wrote:
"
Laviniss wrote:
Got a quick question here since I just started playing this build.

I noticed at some point we switch from arc to ice spear? When will this be?
Also how "tanky" is this build?

Sorry for the noob questions.

Hi! You should not switch but use both. Arc is used for clearing packs, and ice spear is your single target spell (can be pyroclast or ball lightning too if you read the few previous pages of the thread).

This build is not really tanky, you should stay far from the fight and get out of the way of mechanics. A good mana pool helps since we are taking the Mind Over Matter Passive.

Thanks a lot for your answer :)

I might have not seen it but as far as I read the build we should use arc as a 6 link. But Ice spear is also 6 linked, how do we manage this?
"
Laviniss wrote:

Thanks a lot for your answer :)

I might have not seen it but as far as I read the build we should use arc as a 6 link. But Ice spear is also 6 linked, how do we manage this?

You're probably fine with only arc until mapping, at which point you can put arc in a 5-links Tremor Rod, and aim for a 6-links armor in which to put ice spear.
Hello, nice build there, fellow exile!
I got 'a few' questions that might also help other players for 3.9, since i'd put them all in one place:
Just got a 6L LWeave, managed to get 2G 4B...

1.) Will /Ice Spear - High impact mine - Ele focus - Controlled destruction - GMP - Trap and Mine damage/ be more dmg than /Ice Spear - blast Chain Mine - Greater multiple projectiles - trap and mine damage - Cold Penetration - Elemental Focus/ for 3.9 ?

2.) Is it still possible to roll 'Throw an additional Mine
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Blastchain Mine' on a shaped helm, and is PoEDB precise/updated for those rolls, since i couldn't find any 'Throws an additional mine' mod on any shaped helmet on trade sites?

3.)Do i need quality on my Ice spear, or just the lvl 21? does quality add/change the dmg/single target performance in any way?
"
Hello, nice build there, fellow exile!
I got 'a few' questions that might also help other players for 3.9, since i'd put them all in one place:
Just got a 6L LWeave, managed to get 2G 4B...

1.) Will /Ice Spear - High impact mine - Ele focus - Controlled destruction - GMP - Trap and Mine damage/ be more dmg than /Ice Spear - blast Chain Mine - Greater multiple projectiles - trap and mine damage - Cold Penetration - Elemental Focus/ for 3.9 ?

I did not use Elemental Focus with Ice Spear. I used Ice Spear - High Impact - Controlled destruction - Trap and Mine damage - Cold Penetration.
Since we only use Ice Spear for bosses and they now have minimum 40% Cold resist Cold Penetration is a must have imo, if you have no other sources of elemental or cold penetration.

"

2.) Is it still possible to roll 'Throw an additional Mine
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Blastchain Mine' on a shaped helm, and is PoEDB precise/updated for those rolls, since i couldn't find any 'Throws an additional mine' mod on any shaped helmet on trade sites?

No this mod was removed with Blight (3.8) along with some rebalance of mines and traps. Now you just want some support like Trap and Mine Damage or Balstchain Mine on the helmet, along with life, damage to spells ... .

"

3.)Do i need quality on my Ice spear, or just the lvl 21? does quality add/change the dmg/single target performance in any way?

Quality on Ice Spear increases the projectile speed b yup to 40%. Overall I would argue this is a dps increase, since less spears miss if they are faster, but really hard to grasp how much. If you have to decided between 20/20 or 21/0. I would say for for 21/0.
Is there any way to improve my character (AnotherArkMetaMine) for under 40c budget? Or I have to save up the currency until I can afford 6l loreweawe or something like? Survivability is realy bad, often get one-shoted by blue mobs with phys or chaos damage
Last edited by chebanov on Dec 30, 2019, 7:29:38 AM
"
chebanov wrote:
Is there any way to improve my character (AnotherArkMetaMine) for under 40c budget? Or I have to save up the currency until I can afford 6l loreweawe or something like? Survivability is realy bad, often get one-shoted by blue mobs with phys or chaos damage

Ok had a look and there is a lot you can do with little investment
-Get Essence Worm and socket in Zealotry
-Don't use another aura until you have around 2k max mana. You need a good mana pool in order for Mind over Matter to work
-Get some Cast when damage taken gem setups. I actually use 2 a 2L CWDT-Immortal Call and a 4L CwDT (LEvel 10) - Desecrate (Level 12) - Volatile Dead (Level 13) - Life Leech Support (Level 20), order is important here you want Desecrate to trigger before Volatile Dead
-Get better a Atziri's Promise Flask and use it instead of the one life flask
-Get a level 21 Arc, use Trap and Mine Damage instead of Adde Cold Damage in the Arc setup
-Get support gems to level 20 with 20 quality

More expensive stuff:
-Get a Stygian Vise with life and resist and a good socket
-Get good boots with the enchant Adds 1 to 120/160 Lightning damage if you haven't killed recently, cou can try to get it yourself or just buy some good ones
-Better amuelt with crit multiplier
-Start getting jewel sockets and get some jewels with life + damage or crit multiplier on
-Since you are using Ball Lightning you can get Call of brotherhood ring and if you do change the Lightning penetration gems to something else. They are less effective if you deal mixed damage.
-Anoint Amulet and get Destructive Apparatus
-Helmet with Added Cold and Lighting Damage and maybe TRap and Mine or Blastchain on it to move Arc into helmet and repalce tremor with good wands or scepters

Don't even think about 6L Loreweave for now, a good one is like 7ex if you buy it 6L. It was one of the last things I got mayself.

There is probably even more stuff you can do, just have a look at the last few pages here and try to compare builds and see where you are missing damage and defense.
Last edited by NopileosX2 on Dec 30, 2019, 8:27:52 AM
Hi fellow exiles,

started this build as a league started and followed the last few pages, but i think i mixed up a lot of stuff now. Should we still use HoT or Wrath? Currently i'm using clear mind without a second aura. Made my profile public, so its possible to take a look at it.
Also what should be the 5-link in the helmet? Switched cold damage for blastchain mine, since it felt off in term of clearspeed and delving.
Hello.
Such a question, how to sustain mana on bosses?
Against guardians gradually end flasks.
My gear now:

Spoiler

I use against bosses Ball Lightning. For cleaning, Arc.
My PoB: https://pastebin.com/GydmcQPQ
Last edited by parvova on Dec 30, 2019, 12:13:48 PM
"
NopileosX2 wrote:

Ok had a look and there is a lot you can do with little investment

Don't even think about 6L Loreweave for now, a good one is like 7ex if you buy it 6L. It was one of the last things I got mayself.

There is probably even more stuff you can do, just have a look at the last few pages here and try to compare builds and see where you are missing damage and defense.

Thank you!. Is there any sense try to link this chest and use is before loreweave? Or just sold it and invest currency to something else?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info