[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
NopileosX2 wrote:
"
xera15 wrote:
PYROCLAST OR ICE SPEAR FOR STARTER BUILD and after tabula what would you get next loreweave and tremor what to swap for later or for 2 sceptres ?
AH and last thing in tremor i should put single target or arc gem ? i have 5 link tremor and tabula

I skipped Tabula completely and just bought some random 6 link for around 30c which had some stats on I could use, mainly life and resist. Later got a good rolled Loreweave and 6L it myself.

With 2 wands or scepters you want Arc in the helmet and it is good if the helmet has Blastchain Mine or Trap and Mine Damage on it, so you have a pseudo 5L. With tremor just put Arc into it, 5L tremor should also be enough since it already has Blastchain Mine on it so it it basically a 6L. If you lack single target damage you can try and switch it, so Arc goes into the Body Armor.

I used Ice Spear in the beginning and switched to Ball Lightning later. With Ice Spear I had no problems killing stuff up to T13 relatively easy but felt some more need for damage as I progressed further. Saw a build in this thread that used Ball Lightning and decided to try it out. Ball Lightning felt like 10 times better for me so stayed with it and now have no problems killing normal map bosses or metamorphs in T16 on Awakening Level 6 currently.

OK could you give me they ball lighting setup you use ? and what i get frome it is that i should get wands when i get good helment right ok and oh last thing mines reserve mana for now auras take 85% of it and im act 8 now i can have only 10 traps arc placed couse no mana how to deal with it should i go for mana reservation nodes or later on it wont be a problem
"
NopileosX2 wrote:

Also you can think about switching to Ball Lightning. I still don't know how it compares to Pyroclast Mine, but compared to Ice Spear, it was a huge damage improvement, along with the Call of the Brotherhood Ring. You can check out my build (https://pastebin.com/nYR4Zi3J) and take it as an inspiration. It is still in progress and not perfect so don't try to copy it to hard and just look what I have and what you have and what is the best way to improve your dps.

I am currently able to clear T16 without problems and kill T16 juiced up metamoprhs in 2-3 seconds on average. Also the new atals bossfights are over before they begin expect Sirius ofc.

Thanks for sharing your PoB!

I'm wondering about switching to ball lightning too. I think the main appeal versus ice spear is that it goes through enemies, so projectiles don't get wasted if the boss summons mobs at some point, or against multiple bosses at once.

What do you think of Inspiration vs. Controlled Destruction?
Last edited by Varulfur on Dec 29, 2019, 8:53:43 AM
Hello.
I have Amulet with Zealotry has 24% reduced Mana Reservation.
Spoiler

What's better, Zealotry or Skitterbots ?
Last edited by parvova on Dec 29, 2019, 8:45:24 AM
"
Varulfur wrote:

Thanks for sharing your PoB!

I'm wondering about switching to ball lightning too. I think the main appeal versus ice spear is that it goes through enemies, so projectiles don't get wasted if the boss summons mobs at some point, or against multiple bosses at once.

What do you think of Inspiration vs. Controlled Destruction?

Yeah, ball of lightning doesn't "waste" projectiles and has better AoE clear. Before I had to use ice spear and arc for longer metamorphs fights. With Ball Lightning you can just spam one skill and the dps is way more consistent.

Regarding Inspiration vs. Controlled Destruction just try it out in Path of building, can't say with certain what is better. I think CD is better for Ice Spear and on anything else Inspiration should be better, but it also depends on your crit multiplier and overall crit chance.
Last edited by NopileosX2 on Dec 29, 2019, 9:11:43 AM
"
xera15 wrote:

OK could you give me they ball lighting setup you use ? and what i get frome it is that i should get wands when i get good helment right ok and oh last thing mines reserve mana for now auras take 85% of it and im act 8 now i can have only 10 traps arc placed couse no mana how to deal with it should i go for mana reservation nodes or later on it wont be a problem

Since you are still leveling I would not think to much about it. For leveling I used arc exclusively in the highest link I was able to find and had no problems. Also just used 1 aura and whatever I was able to get my hands on, but in general for leveling you just need arc in a 4-5L and flame dash imo.
Once you hit maps you can start getting item for the actual builds and the links den gem setups you need.

Anyway since you asked my build https://pastebin.com/DEJPkp8L as an inspiration. I have Ball Lightning in my Body Armor 6L, if you only have 5L don't use Elemental Focus.
Please update and be more specific with cheap gear and then with the best gears options
Fun build, but damn do I Feel squishy. It's also a bit of a pain having to use a separate skill for bossing and clearing, but it is satisfying watching the entire screen explode.
Fun build, but damn do I Feel squishy. It's also a bit of a pain having to use a separate skill for bossing and clearing, but it is satisfying watching the entire screen explode.
"
NopileosX2 wrote:
"
xera15 wrote:

Since you are still leveling I would not think to much about it. For leveling I used arc exclusively in the highest link I was able to find and had no problems. Also just used 1 aura and whatever I was able to get my hands on, but in general for leveling you just need arc in a 4-5L and flame dash imo.
Once you hit maps you can start getting item for the actual builds and the links den gem setups you need.

Anyway since you asked my build https://pastebin.com/DEJPkp8L as an inspiration. I have Ball Lightning in my Body Armor 6L, if you only have 5L don't use Elemental Focus.

ok so for now keep tremor and when i get helmet with blastchain mine than i swap to wands right
Got a quick question here since I just started playing this build.

I noticed at some point we switch from arc to ice spear? When will this be?
Also how "tanky" is this build?

Sorry for the noob questions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info