Tempest Shield

Fickle Tempest Shield
You Abandon Me At Times
Most Crucial; I die

Why does tempest shield de-activate seemingly arbitrarily?

Often, the graphic remains, but the buff is gone. So I recast.

Why oh why does tempest shield bugger off for absolutely no reason? My auras don't shit the bed and bitch out. Why does Tempest Shield?

I will find myself in situations where I go OOM but Arctic Shield remains (fuck yeah mana regen) yet Tempest Shield is gone. Unrelated? Probably. Annoying? Certainly.

+1 (why I don't play Nemesis)
"
kola86 wrote:
Tempest Shield(TS) does way too little damage to warrant the 25% mana reserved. Sure, the 4% block is nice but as many people have pointed out, its not enough.

It seems to turn your shield into dex/int spike shield which reflects physical damage but here it does lightning damage. I think GGG idea here was to make TS the magical variant as the damage on spike shields and TS seems to scale in line.

However, spike shields reflect damage on hit and on block but TS only works on block which makes TS a lot weaker.

This skill needs a rework.

An idea:
X% to chance to shock on Block.

Quality increases chance to shock or increase duration of shock or both.

Shock duration should be scaled something like how freeze mine is scaled.

You do realize if you dedicate to this skill it can do seriously stupid amounts of damage on reflect right? Alot of builds are so cookie cutter that they barely need to take anything for their main skill leaving passives to dump into something defensive like this. Block chance and penetration gems are just part of the equation to making this skill work for you way more then you think it does. Theres almost 0 way to bypass block outside of another player using a sword so in pvm your point about it only reflecting on block is pretty mute.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
kola86 wrote:
Tempest Shield(TS) does way too little damage to warrant the 25% mana reserved. Sure, the 4% block is nice but as many people have pointed out, its not enough.

It seems to turn your shield into dex/int spike shield which reflects physical damage but here it does lightning damage. I think GGG idea here was to make TS the magical variant as the damage on spike shields and TS seems to scale in line.

However, spike shields reflect damage on hit and on block but TS only works on block which makes TS a lot weaker.

This skill needs a rework.

An idea:
X% to chance to shock on Block.

Quality increases chance to shock or increase duration of shock or both.

Shock duration should be scaled something like how freeze mine is scaled.

if only spike shields worked anything like TS...

you do realize that they onl reflect on attack AND melee on the same time?

while TS works on any block, so ranged mobs with spike shield? no go. caster mobs with spike shields? no go. 50%+ of the mobs? no go.

put some block chance and a spell block unique, put a ligthing pen+proliferation+reduced mana on a TS, and with decent spell damage passives/wand/shield you suddendly have a passive way to not only do some decent damage but also almost DOUBLE your DPS using anything on everything, even orange bosses (since they always seem to have mooks around them and those spread the shock stacks nicely)
Last edited by shroudb on Nov 29, 2013, 1:43:11 PM
"
gbones wrote:

Why oh why does tempest shield bugger off for absolutely no reason? My auras don't shit the bed and bitch out. Why does Tempest Shield?

When i levelup any blue gem my tempest shield go off...its maybe the bug you have :)

(sry for my bad english !!)
"
sephizz wrote:
"
gbones wrote:

When i levelup any blue gem my tempest shield go off...its maybe the bug you have :)

(sry for my bad english !!)

taking a wild guess...

you have your blue gems on your shield?

if i remember correctly, when you level a gem, your character actually unequips/reequip the item it is in for a split second, so if you level up a gem in your shield, for that split second you are without a shield and tempest closes.
"
Tempest Shield in itself is so cool...

But I'm still on the refuse-to-use side.

*Cast on Critical doesn't work for Tempest Shield(or any other spell for that matter)
Spoiler
I don't understand this, Cast on Critical works for both ranged attacks and Spectral Throw, as I understand it, why not let it work with spells?

Found this when searching, hoping I could do a build with this.

"Cast on damage taken" doesn't work since I don't take damage.
I want to be able to make my tempest shield crit often, and cast on crit with it.

It also doesn't count as melee or anything else like that.
"
"
Tempest Shield in itself is so cool...

But I'm still on the refuse-to-use side.

*Cast on Critical doesn't work for Tempest Shield(or any other spell for that matter)
Spoiler
I don't understand this, Cast on Critical works for both ranged attacks and Spectral Throw, as I understand it, why not let it work with spells?

Found this when searching, hoping I could do a build with this.

"Cast on damage taken" doesn't work since I don't take damage.
I want to be able to make my tempest shield crit often, and cast on crit with it.

It also doesn't count as melee or anything else like that.

because it isn't an attack and it isn't a melee?

it is a spell, so it will work with anything that works on spells.

boosting it's damage high is only possible BECAUSE it is a spell, so please don't ask it to be changed to be an attack.

and how can possibly cast on cri work with spell? imagine a link spell-CoC-spell. Which is the main spell and which get casted on a crit?... it would be impossible to implement.

tempest shield btw works really great with cast on stun, since it boosts your block rate->more blocks->more block recovery (counts as a stun).

just needs to be applicable to when dual wielding or w staves imo.
in general a good skill-
maybe 25% too much reserved-change to 20% or flat cost like clarity imo.
Could use a buff. Scaling on %block or reduced cost.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
So I used this spell up until like lvl 70, max block with 45% spell block. Tempest shield was pretty amazing for large groups, and if you specced into shock omgoodness it was fun.

The problem is, their is no reason to run it late game at its current costs/what it does.

25% of your mana means your effectively not running a 3rd aura in most builds. So you ask yourself is 4% block and some small proc worth it over an aura? No its not, ever.

I love this spell, and I want to use it but as of now it either needs a huge buff or a huge mana cost reduction. Maybe make the quality do that? Make its cost based on your block? I dunno just ideas guys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info