An Item Filter for the Discerning Exile | Ancestors Release | Spectre Filter Alpha

Thank you good Sir! Cant wait :D
Minor Update to polish the release

-Adjusted Sentinel Highlights for better clarity
-Added behaviors for Sentinel Rarity
-Added basic Sentinel Affix Filtering
-Retiered Divination Cards and Uniques

The affix filtering checks if a sentinel has none, one, two, or more affixes from a pool of highly rewarding modifiers (quantity, rarity, currency drops, unique drops, etc). It will now Hide Identified Sentinels that don't match the criteria (I'm going through to see if there are any gaps atm and will update again if so).

You should also now be able to tell the rarity of a Sentinel by its fontsize and beam.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on May 18, 2022, 12:22:55 PM
I am trying out your filter for the first time on Console (btw, the Sentinel Highlights are not yet updated in PoE Items Filters for Console). Just started levelling and I noticed a few things:
- Most of the labels are too small to properly read
- The color scheme of many labels make it hard to separate text from backound and border (might be related to small labels)

I'm sitting a decent distance from the TV, but have no problem reading Dissolators' BEASTFilter for example.

Is there a way to set a 'base font size' for all labels, and then increase/decrease that size (I believe via ModFontSize)?

I would really like to use a filter that is not based on 'currency'/trade values, as I only play SSF and your filter seems very good for that.
Last edited by superdreddie on May 19, 2022, 7:13:45 AM
"
superdreddie wrote:
I am trying out your filter for the first time on Console (btw, the Sentinel Highlights are not yet updated in PoE Items Filters for Console). Just started levelling and I noticed a few things:
- The color scheme of many labels make it hard to separate text from backound and border (might be related to small labels)

I'm sitting a decent distance from the TV, but have no problem reading Dissolators' BEASTFilter for example.

Is there a way to set a 'base font size' for all labels, and then increase/decrease that size (I believe via ModFontSize)?

I would really like to use a filter that is not based on 'currency'/trade values, as I only play SSF and your filter seems very good for that.

Oh I'll get the console versions out right away. Let me know if you need the other two strictness presets.

I could see there being issues on larger screens, I'm not on a particularly large one myself so sizes have been "by feeling" for the most part.

Could you list out any hard to read items you find please? I use the Continue syntax so there are a great many combinations that can happen, and Filterblast's overview is great but not perfect (previews aren't exact and some item properties aren't variable as they are in game), so I miss some edge cases occasionally. The update for Sentinel adjusted a couple of those cases already but I'm sure there are more.

I do utilize ModFontSize already, I could set up switches for small/med/large/etc in Filterblast but that will take a fair while. Sounds like a good idea though, I'll get on that soon. However iirc ModFontSize doesn't stack with itself, so it'll have custom base sizes and more consistent modified sizes.

Thanks for the feedback!
"
Felix35071 wrote:
"
superdreddie wrote:

Oh I'll get the console versions out right away. Let me know if you need the other two strictness presets.

I'm fine for now with the default strictness - still leveling :)
"
Felix35071 wrote:

I could see there being issues on larger screens, I'm not on a particularly large one myself so sizes have been "by feeling" for the most part.

Could you list out any hard to read items you find please? I use the Continue syntax so there are a great many combinations that can happen, and Filterblast's overview is great but not perfect (previews aren't exact and some item properties aren't variable as they are in game), so I miss some edge cases occasionally. The update for Sentinel adjusted a couple of those cases already but I'm sure there are more.

Either the items are getting clearer (or bigger?) as I am progressing through the acts, or I am getting used to the styling / coloring. I am getting the hang of it though...

One thing that is for me hard to read, is for example the new Stalker Sentitels. I only found Rusty and Bronze, but those are difficult to read for me: a dark red background with a slightly lighter red text color.

In the FilterBlast render preview, personally I cannot even see there is text in the Ancient Apex Sentinel. Emberstone and Bronze Apex Sentinel are also hard to read for me. A normal Power Core is hard to read as well: light background with a slightly darker text color. But those might just be on me and my badly calibrated monitor/display...

Something else I noticed: the item labels in-game get a 'highlight' when you want to pick them up. Some labels I can read clearly without this hightlight, but then when I want to pick them up they get highlighted and it becomes unreadble. And for other labels it is exactly the other way around! Unreadable without highlight becomes readable with the highlight. So weird.

I am fiddling with a copy of your filter on FilterBlast to see if/how I can at least get the League items more clearer for me. And again: it might be my TV, or resolution, or perhaps I am slightly colorblind?

"
Felix35071 wrote:

I do utilize ModFontSize already, I could set up switches for small/med/large/etc in Filterblast but that will take a fair while. Sounds like a good idea though, I'll get on that soon. However iirc ModFontSize doesn't stack with itself, so it'll have custom base sizes and more consistent modified sizes.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thank *you* for your work in making the filter :)
Went AWOL for a bit to work on my ttrpg, back to prep for Lake of Kalandra (!!!)

"
superdreddie wrote:

Either the items are getting clearer (or bigger?) as I am progressing through the acts, or I am getting used to the styling / coloring. I am getting the hang of it though...

I think you were experiencing the filter hiding items as they became obsolete/worthless. The further into the game you get the more confidence the filter has whether something is useful or not, and the deeper into acts the more I assume your equipment slots are filled already - so some outliers like lower linked gear stop showing regardless of other properties.

"
superdreddie wrote:

One thing that is for me hard to read, is for example the new Stalker Sentitels. I only found Rusty and Bronze, but those are difficult to read for me: a dark red background with a slightly lighter red text color.

The Sentinel highlighting was a bit borked yeah, affix filtering for them was cool but too unfinished. Had I played a bit more this may have changed.

"
superdreddie wrote:

Something else I noticed: the item labels in-game get a 'highlight' when you want to pick them up. Some labels I can read clearly without this hightlight, but then when I want to pick them up they get highlighted and it becomes unreadble. And for other labels it is exactly the other way around! Unreadable without highlight becomes readable with the highlight. So weird.

I've been struggling with how to exploit that cursor highlight for a while lol. This is also one of the handful of things I mentioned not implemented in Filterblast atm and it's tedious to test in-game.

"
superdreddie wrote:

I am fiddling with a copy of your filter on FilterBlast to see if/how I can at least get the League items more clearer for me. And again: it might be my TV, or resolution, or perhaps I am slightly colorblind?

Really curious where you ended up with this?
"
Felix35071 wrote:
Went AWOL for a bit to work on my ttrpg, back to prep for Lake of Kalandra (!!!)

I've been struggling with how to exploit that cursor highlight for a while lol. This is also one of the handful of things I mentioned not implemented in Filterblast atm and it's tedious to test in-game.

I also have no idea how the ingame highlighting works, but I haven't paid any attention to it tbh ;)

"
Felix35071 wrote:

Really curious where you ended up with this?

For the Sentinel Drones & Currency, I choose to make things simpler (and I am terrible with aesthetics):
- Increased overall size of the labels
- Light text on dark background and vice versa
- Sentinels of the same type have identical colorings
- Rarer sentinels are larger and some have a tiny colored border

My focus was on good size and contrast. I play on console - I am sitting about 5 meters from the TV (which is 65" in size). Here is the link to FilterBlast: https://filterblast.xyz/advanced/Template/12n0ng3

I haven't played since week two of the console league, because I ran into a console wide sound-system crash caused by PoE that GGG still hasn't fixed. I am worried this sound crash might damage my console or my speaker system so until they fix it am I not playing this game.

Last edited by superdreddie on Aug 16, 2022, 11:14:22 AM
"
superdreddie wrote:

I haven't played since week two of the console league, because I ran into a console wide sound-system crash caused by PoE that GGG still hasn't fixed. I am worried this sound crash might damage my console or my speaker system so until they fix it am I not playing this game.

Looking at the PS patches and they seem to have fixed a number of crashes and some miscellaneous sound bugs (saw something about sliders in the options not working), so here's hoping it's fixed already or will be for the console launch.

"
superdreddie wrote:

For the Sentinel Drones & Currency, I choose to make things simpler (and I am terrible with aesthetics):

I like what you went with a good deal more than what I did hah, too bad they're going kaputz. I actually ended up changing their appearance on an offline filter but didn't play enough to update.

Worked on the Shiny Edition of Spirit+ for about 14 hours yesterday and following suit today so now's the time to bring up any critique or ideas! This includes much cleaner interface UX and adjustable font sizes via sliders.

Here's a preview of the new currency highlights (WIP)

Last edited by Felix35071 on Aug 16, 2022, 11:54:57 AM
"
Felix35071 wrote:
Looking at the PS patches and they seem to have fixed a number of crashes and some miscellaneous sound bugs (saw something about sliders in the options not working), so here's hoping it's fixed already or will be for the console launch.
Here's hoping :p

"
Felix35071 wrote:

Worked on the Shiny Edition of Spirit+ for about 14 hours yesterday and following suit today so now's the time to bring up any critique or ideas! This includes much cleaner interface UX and adjustable font sizes via sliders.

Here's a preview of the new currency highlights (WIP)

Ooh, looking good! I like the increase in contrast for higher stack sizes. I only have difficulty reading the single item for Transmutation and Alteration. Also single Portal Scroll and Wisdom Scroll are hard to read for me. Luckily these items are only relevant when leveling for the first time ;)
I really like the changes in your shiny filter. Looks super clean and simple! I am really curious what the rest of the filter may look like.. really promising.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info