An Item Filter for the Discerning Exile | Ancestors Release | Spectre Filter Alpha

"
superdreddie wrote:
Really appreciate the efforts you put in to maintaining the filters. Can't wait to start playing on console next week :D

Thanks! Always glad to see you back lol

What were your thoughts on the new filter?
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
I usually only play one charcter per league until I get bored of it, so I only experienced the levelling once so far. I hope to have more usefull feedback when I get to play the new league a bit :)
"
Felix35071 wrote:
"
superdreddie wrote:
Really appreciate the efforts you put in to maintaining the filters. Can't wait to start playing on console next week :D

Thanks! Always glad to see you back lol

What were your thoughts on the new filter?

It seems you haven't yet updated the console filters! I was wondering why I didn't see the nice coloring of drops ;)
"
superdreddie wrote:

It seems you haven't yet updated the console filters! I was wondering why I didn't see the nice coloring of drops ;)

Whoops! Thought that was Friday, updating now. Looks like it went up last night? Sorry about the delay!

There aren't crazy sweeping changes here compared to last league, just some basic handling for the league mechanics. I'll do specific tiers at a later point, after playing a bit.
As I am getting used to the colours, the levelling experience is getting really comfortable.

I noticed one thing: the 'Omen Wand' has a special highlighting for some reason I can't figure out. I'm thinking a typo in the colouring but perhaps there is a good reason for it?
"
superdreddie wrote:
As I am getting used to the colours, the levelling experience is getting really comfortable.

I noticed one thing: the 'Omen Wand' has a special highlighting for some reason I can't figure out. I'm thinking a typo in the colouring but perhaps there is a good reason for it?

Aha! Good catch, the new league implemented Omens actually and I likely forgot to use exact enough syntax. Will fix rn.

Glad to hear leveling is comfy, it definitely took some getting used to the new color scheme when I was making it too.

I see you're in maps already, beat me there lol.

I'd love to hear more feedback when you get a chance, it's a pretty layered project so lots of moving pieces.
Oooh, I completely forgot about the new Omen item type causing the Omen Wand to appear different :D

I had some extra time last weekend and the build was pretty fast (Pathfinder with flask effect and duration = easy speedy Quicksilver, easy resistances), so getting to maps was fairly simple. Perhaps this league I will start another character, who knows ;)
One minor thing I noticed doing maps, is that the lower tier map drops (tier 1 - 5) seem fairly small and get overshadowed near other item drops like rares. Yellow maps tiers seems fine to me (I'm not yet in Reds).
"
superdreddie wrote:
One minor thing I noticed doing maps, is that the lower tier map drops (tier 1 - 5) seem fairly small and get overshadowed near other item drops like rares. Yellow maps tiers seems fine to me (I'm not yet in Reds).

Yeah the endgame still isn't as thoroughly tested as leveling, Maps have pretty basic handling atm. They'll be area level sensitive when I get to that, ie white maps appearing fairly large and quickly shrinking as you find yellow maps, which shrink more slowly, then red maps barely shrink, etc.

Edit: Filterblast.xyz is down atm and the tab says the site is for sale, so the extra syntax I used to produce and parse the filter isn't available to me. I need to reconsider my approach and check out some alternative tools unless the creator returns. It could be some time, so I don't expect to have an update for the next league, unfortunately. Happy gaming everyone.

Edit 2: Have fun in Affliction everyone! I'll still be around, but have been quite ill lately (in and out of the hospital twice since Nov 30th) so will be taking it slowly this time around. Hopefully I can get back to the filter at some point, but until I have the parser back or decide on another development format there will be no updates. Sorry about any inconvenience, I'd have liked to maintain my track record.
Last edited by Felix35071 on Dec 8, 2023, 4:04:59 PM
"
Felix35071 wrote:
"
superdreddie wrote:

Yeah the endgame still isn't as thoroughly tested as leveling, Maps have pretty basic handling atm. They'll be area level sensitive when I get to that, ie white maps appearing fairly large and quickly shrinking as you find yellow maps, which shrink more slowly, then red maps barely shrink, etc.

Now that I think more about it, it might be that there is no sound voor de white maps and that is why I feel it is less noticable (or I just don't notice the sound?).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info