[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Hi guys, done dead less shaper yesterday evening, wiht my 91lvl Glacial Cascade version.

Regarding Soul Mantle and curse problem. All I am using to conquer this is

Bind it to a mouse side button and curses wont be a problem anymore. You can basically click it constantly, all the time and it never ends. 3 chargers out of 30 etc.

Done Shaper with this gear, Gems are not 20/20, Was not that easy but dps was huge and went fairly smooth.

Total HP/ES 6600

And this was the Starforge

Edit:

Done dead less Hydra and Chimera too, Didn't try Mino and Phoenix yet. Need some improvements first
Last edited by Aze_Aze on Aug 19, 2017, 3:21:11 AM
@Dromlin,

Appreciate you taking the time to write me back. It's nice to hear the gear is alright. I took a look at your guy and noticed you seem to have life on almost every piece. If I went into buying stuff with that mentality...little late/harder now. How're you liking that armor setup despite the curses? Do you just ignore them and wait for the flasks to take them away casually or do you intentionally find yourself sort of spamming the curse flasks now? I saw one guy used two rings to reduce the affect of curses....

P.S. My character and his tree should be available now. Our paths seem mostly the same except you went for Written in Blood and Doomcast rings high and right...
"
Whiskey990 wrote:
Hey Folks,

If anyone could take the time to offer a suggestion or two that might help me feel less squishy, that would be awesome... really appreciate it. I did a T15 map and I literally had to spawn totems over and over inch by inch and stay out of range of monsters. Even a low tier map breach, kicked my ass. So damage is good, but my survivability...not so much :(

Cheers!

Character (Tree) Below:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Whiskey990/characters

Gear Below:
Spoiler

My gear example with a bit lesser dps, but well, very relaxing with nice regen and cwdt setup. I am a lazy guy and try not to pot much, if ever. About 5khp, 600 es, 2k mp, 120mp and 460hp(550+ with stone golem) regen.

"
Last edited by Nuhanzer on Aug 19, 2017, 12:25:01 PM
Can somebody explain me why I have no problems with freezing normal enemies, but I can no freeze bosses. With Inquistor ascendancy they should be normally freezed, but I don't see them freeze at all.
Its because boss hp pool has almost been doubled. And you have to deal a certain %dmg of max boss hp to freeze them in the first place. An easy comparison; with doubled boss hp you need double dps in 3.0 to achieve similar results as pre 3.0 (in regards to freezing bosses).
Last edited by Avantor on Aug 19, 2017, 12:54:54 PM
@Whiskey990,

The Soul Mantle build definitely takes some getting used to if you're not using 2 Kikazaru. As I mentioned, I keep my quicksilver and silver flasks up almost 100% of the time, and the silver flask is of warding. The only time it's difficult to do so is on maps with annoying layouts (I'm looking at you, Underground Sea) because you'll often have to backtrack where you've already killed everything and will sometimes run out of flask charges. One other nice thing about Soul Mantle, is that it forces you to deal with curses in some way. This applies to all curses, so maps that roll with curses, such as Elemental Weakness, are taken care of in whichever way you're using to nullify the curses from Soul Mantle.

Other than that, the DPS on this build is rather insane compared to the original recommendations in this guide. The third totem that Soul Mantle gives is a huge instant dmg boost, and the granted lvl 20 spell totem gives whatever your links are a +1 basically.

I looked at your build, and yeah I was going with that one for a while, as it's the one that was recommended in this guide. I've been kinda slowly switching over to another build I found on Reddit, which I linked to a couple posts back. I made the switch after playing around in Path of Building and seeing just how little dmg/life Totemic Mastery and Constitution give compared to nodes that are not so out of the way, as used in that Reddit build.
Last edited by Dromlin on Aug 20, 2017, 3:24:40 AM
Can you post that reddit link?

Thanks!
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
Better yet, can you please post your build and wht stats you found it gains vs the one in the original post ? Thanks
Last edited by adreeasa on Aug 21, 2017, 1:43:15 AM
this is the reddit build: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6t1h8u/glacial_cascade_totem_inquisitor_shaper_and_uber/
Yeah, that's the build from Reddit in the post above me. It is definitely more geared towards a glacial cascade build than the original here. I definitely recommend to follow that build before mine, as my gear is pretty much just what I scrape together and get lucky with, like that 6L Soul Mantle. Just as a point of reference, I put my build into Path of Building and went from 80k DPS to 100k DPS with the build on Reddit, but life does drop from 161% to 139%, which was 400 life in my case. Same gear, just changed the passive tree.

I'd also like to point out that Divinarius is a really good option for Glacial Cascade, even though in the original post it's said to not be very good for Flameblast. The lack of cast speed on Divinarius for Glacial Cascade isn't the end of the world, and having high crit/spell dmg is far more important, which makes it a decent low cost option. Obviously the same type of daggers that are good for Flameblast are good for GC, but not as essential.

Some other things to remember that can really change the Soul Mantle/Glacial Cascade build are the Kikazaru rings and Self-Flagellation jewel, which just comes down to personal preference really.

@adreeasa,

Here's my current build, complete with some really bad gear.

https://pastebin.com/kPUy5zYy
Last edited by Dromlin on Aug 21, 2017, 3:52:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info