[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
Dromlin wrote:
"
Whiskey990 wrote:
Hey Folks,

If anyone could take the time to offer a suggestion or two that might help me feel less squishy, that would be awesome... really appreciate it. I did a T15 map and I literally had to spawn totems over and over inch by inch and stay out of range of monsters. Even a low tier map breach, kicked my ass. So damage is good, but my survivability...not so much :(

Cheers!

Character (Tree) Below:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Whiskey990/characters

Gear Below:
Spoiler

...My personal preference for surviving just involves being a speedy bastard. I keep quicksilver and silver flasks up together to run circles around packs of mobs using speed and whirling blades, only stopping long enough to place a single totem at a time. Positioning seems to be key in this build, both your position and where you're placing your totems.

This can't be stressed enough. When you die with this build you made a positioning mistake. Do not enter room without putting your totem there first. Do not open doors without putting totem first in front of them. In open maps just put totems in front of you on the end of the screen. AND KEEP MOVING WHIRLING AROUND. Of course it depends on you gear/maps tier. You can get away going yolo on low tier maps.
Also getting increased aoe from divinarius and putting the increased aoe gem helped a ton. The increased aoe is huge and you can be really far away from danger and let your totems take care of it.

Although I have not got my hands on any T14+ only map. Only I straight up failed is Excavation with double unique boss and few more tasty mods.

"
shalda wrote:
"
Dromlin wrote:
"
Whiskey990 wrote:
Hey Folks,

If anyone could take the time to offer a suggestion or two that might help me feel less squishy, that would be awesome... really appreciate it. I did a T15 map and I literally had to spawn totems over and over inch by inch and stay out of range of monsters. Even a low tier map breach, kicked my ass. So damage is good, but my survivability...not so much :(

Cheers!

Character (Tree) Below:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Whiskey990/characters

Gear Below:
Spoiler

...My personal preference for surviving just involves being a speedy bastard. I keep quicksilver and silver flasks up together to run circles around packs of mobs using speed and whirling blades, only stopping long enough to place a single totem at a time. Positioning seems to be key in this build, both your position and where you're placing your totems.

This can't be stressed enough. When you die with this build you made a positioning mistake. Do not enter room without putting your totem there first. Do not open doors without putting totem first in front of them. In open maps just put totems in front of you on the end of the screen. AND KEEP MOVING WHIRLING AROUND. Of course it depends on you gear/maps tier. You can get away going yolo on low tier maps.
Also getting increased aoe from divinarius and putting the increased aoe gem helped a ton. The increased aoe is huge and you can be really far away from danger and let your totems take care of it.

Although I have not got my hands on any T14+ only map. Only I straight up failed is Excavation with double unique boss and few more tasty mods.

Especially in poorjoy. Good exp, but don't yolo.
Which are the most desirable mods on jewels, for the GC variation? I'm guessing the most important one is #% increased totem damage, which other mods should I go for?
Last edited by lpkaki on Aug 21, 2017, 7:21:49 PM
So I am at the last Kitava fight, I have died so far 27 times, and his health went down to around half.

I quit even trying it's stupid. I can't do maps as you have to kill Kitava first.

So at level 70 I'm stuck now?

It was stupid crap like this that had me leave for a year. I thought I'd try again.....

stupid stupid stupid

How is this build supposed to beat that Boss?
"
lpkaki wrote:
Which are the most desirable mods on jewels, for the GC variation? I'm guessing the most important one is #% increased totem damage, which other mods should I go for?

Assuming your crit chance is maxed out, or pretty close to maxed, the best jewel for straight DPS would be a cobalt with crit strike multiplier for cold skills, crit strike multiplier for elemental skills,
crit strike multiplier for spells, and either +Phys dmg %, +Totem dmg %, or % cast speed with cold skills. These are the 4 highest for DPS in Path of Building, the last 3 are so close in +DPS that any of them are good, but having jewels with % life would be nice as well.
I plan to play GC totem but not sure I'll be able to afford a 6L. Do you think a 5L Soul Mantle work for T16 map at least?
I switched to the GC spider mantle with double kikazaru and self flagelation setup just recently and it is AMAZING! :)

the only thing im not sure about is how to improve my dps. since we are using so many uniques we can hardly upgrade our gear, as belt/helmet/gloves/necklace are the only source for resists. are there any other uniques that would increase our dps? upgrade to divinarius?
Last edited by teclis123 on Aug 22, 2017, 7:02:08 AM
"
teclis123 wrote:
I switched to the GC spider mantle with double kikazaru and self flagelation setup just recently and it is AMAZING! :)

the only thing im not sure about is how to increase the the dps further. since we are using so many uniques we can hardly upgrade our gear, as belt/helmet/gloves/necklace are the only source for resists. are there any other uniques that would increase our dps? upgrade to divinarius?

Whether or not Divinarius increases your dps would depend on what you're using now. Divinarius is a decent starting weapon though since this build is all about spell dmg and crit chance. That doesn't mean there aren't better weapons though. In theory, the best weapons would be plat/gold/copper kris that are crafted with essence of misery for cast speed. You'd want spell dmg, spell dmg/max mana, and +lightning dmg to spells for prefixes. Then, spell crit chance and crit strike multiplier for suffixes. Good luck getting all that though.
"
wiwigvn wrote:
I plan to play GC totem but not sure I'll be able to afford a 6L. Do you think a 5L Soul Mantle work for T16 map at least?

Yeahh, i use 5l and i can make maps tier 15/16 very easy
This is what I'm rocking now. also I'm using a slightly different skill tree build. currently at 110k total dps in PoB and that is without onslaught or diamond flasks. With Atziri's flask it jumps up to 135k. I need to figure out how to get some more life, but so far taking hits from the 40% MoM out of my 2k unreserved mana pool and I pretty much never get one-shot. Doing tier14 maps at the minute.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info