[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Spoiler

thanks for the guide :). still need to try GC totems but FB can handle shaper and with no much investment
"
adreeasa wrote:
Any suggestions regarding my gear ? I can do up to T10-12( no drops above that yet , going to dry uber lab soon ) without many problems, although extremely fast and aoe spamming bosses are a hassle to take down, and most of my dying is due to dashing face first into rooms full of ranged mobs without scouting with a totem :)

Spoiler

I've been using an Added Fire Damage gem in my GC link with pretty nice results. I'm looking at that controlled destruction you're using, because Added Fire Damage would replace that nicely.

Also, as others have mentioned, Arcane Surge at 20 hardly seems like a good investment, and the 20% quality does NOT help you. The increased spell damage does not help as it's only for supported skills, making it useless when curse is our trigger. Level 12 Arcane Surge is perfect for me, triggers at 99 mana, and lvl 18-20 curse linked with inc duration, increased AOE, and arcane surge will be just over 99 mana.
Last edited by Dromlin on Aug 18, 2017, 5:30:34 AM
"
Leemuria wrote:
"
Lanceabbott wrote:
Why you lvl to max arcane surge? The mana needed its insane. Its just gor the 20% quality? ( i dont remember what it gives)
Im using it at low lvl so it castas when i usr orb of storms

Yes, for quality. 20% quality gives an additional 10% spell damage. It should be lvl 8 and Q20 for max profit to use with Assasin's mark curse. Orb of storms is not a best trigger since it has lower mana cost.

20% quality gives supported skills 10% more damage, so the quality is useless when using curse to trigger arcane surge.

EDIT: Not sure where you're getting your info, but even if arcane surge was the only support linked to your curse of choice, a lvl 18-20 curse gem would be best paired with lvl 9 arcane surge for a single cast trigger. I would certainly recommend inc duration in the link as well, which would make a lvl 10 arcane surge best. Add an inc AOE as I do, and the best lvl is 12 for arcane surge.

I say best level for arcane surge, but I mean only a single cast of whichever curse you're using. IMO, arcane surge at 20 isn't worth the time it takes to trigger it for the meager gains over a single cast curse and arcane surge at lvl 12.
Last edited by Dromlin on Aug 18, 2017, 5:48:05 AM
"
Dromlin wrote:
"
Leemuria wrote:
"
Lanceabbott wrote:
Why you lvl to max arcane surge? The mana needed its insane. Its just gor the 20% quality? ( i dont remember what it gives)
Im using it at low lvl so it castas when i usr orb of storms

Yes, for quality. 20% quality gives an additional 10% spell damage. It should be lvl 8 and Q20 for max profit to use with Assasin's mark curse. Orb of storms is not a best trigger since it has lower mana cost.

20% quality gives supported skills 10% more damage, so the quality is useless when using curse to trigger arcane surge.

EDIT: Not sure where you're getting your info, but even if arcane surge was the only support linked to your curse of choice, a lvl 18-20 curse gem would be best paired with lvl 9 arcane surge for a single cast trigger. I would certainly recommend inc duration in the link as well, which would make a lvl 10 arcane surge best. Add an inc AOE as I do, and the best lvl is 12 for arcane surge.

I say best level for arcane surge, but I mean only a single cast of whichever curse you're using. IMO, arcane surge at 20 isn't worth the time it takes to trigger it for the meager gains over a single cast curse and arcane surge at lvl 12.

Set your chars as public so we can check your curses and everything else
"
Leemuria wrote:
"
adreeasa wrote:
Any suggestions regarding my gear ? I can do up to T10-12( no drops above that yet , going to dry uber lab soon ) without many problems, although extremely fast and aoe spamming bosses are a hassle to take down, and most of my dying is due to dashing face first into rooms full of ranged mobs without scouting with a totem :)

Spoiler

What suggestions do you need if you do not have any problems?:) Just a few things to note:
* Survivability: add increased duration + enduring cry to boots, fortify support to dagger with whirling blades.
* DPS and life leach: replace one of life flasks with Atziri's flask.
* 5L: GC + phys to lightning + crit chance + AOE + controlled destr - for farm, GC + phys to lightning + crit chance + conc effect + elemental focus - for bosses.
* Replace amulet for some rare with dps / hp / resist bonuses.

It feels like I'm picking apart your posts, but you do have a lot of bad tips/info. The one here is for the leech from Atziri's Promise, as leech doesn't go to you through your totems. The same rules apply for any "on kill" and "on hit" conditions, which is why orb of storms is still required for power charges when using Assassin's Mark.

Aside from that, if you're doing a Soul Mantle build with flasks for curse immunity, you're going to need at least 2 flasks of warding to be able to comfortably finish bosses without adds. With 1 life, mana, and quicksilver(of heat most likely), that leaves you with only 1 duration flask for curses. Not saying you have to run this flask setup, but IMO, Atziri's Promise just doesn't fit a Soul Mantle build comfortably.

Edit: To the post prior to this one, my characters are now public. My gear is far from perfect, but I did get lucky with fusing my Soul Mantle and maps up to T13 have been a breeze, so I have been really lazy when it comes to making the rest better.
Last edited by Dromlin on Aug 18, 2017, 6:42:34 AM
"
Dromlin wrote:

My fault with arcane surge. You are right, lvl 12 and Q0% should be the best choice for it.

Regarding Added Fire: it seems like Increased Crit Damage gem should give more dps. And I would add it to my 6L in the future. But for 5L this is not a best choise, IMHO.

I'm checking all infos via Path of Building tool that provides a detailed description about any stats of the character. With my current gear (4L Soul Mantle) and lvl 82 I can comfortable farm maps up to T10 (red maps did not tried so far).

Atziri's Promise gives an additional 20% dps for me and this is a quite huge boost.
Last edited by Leemuria on Aug 18, 2017, 7:04:29 AM
"
Leemuria wrote:
"
Dromlin wrote:

My fault with arcane surge. You are right, lvl 12 and Q0% should be the best choice for it.

Regarding Added Fire: it seems like Increased Crit Damage gem should give more dps. And I would add it to my 6L in the future. But for 5L this is not a best choise, IMHO.

It will be very close when your crit chance is about 90% with a diamond flask, but Added Fire Damage still wins out in Path of Building by about 3k DPS. Obviously the damage difference will go up when you have less than 90% crit chance and down when you have more, but I think it will still just beat it out even with max crit chance.

Edit: Here's a guy with a GC build that I've been picking apart for some changes that are more fitting to GC than the original Flameblast build here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6t1h8u/glacial_cascade_totem_inquisitor_shaper_and_uber/
Last edited by Dromlin on Aug 18, 2017, 6:54:30 AM
Ok well it's official, the build hit a wall, and I decided to break that wall really hard.
Decided to drink from the cursed cup, and learned to enjoy it.

I introduce you to my version of this build. Everything is basically the same points / set up wise.

Except...3 GC totems with 40k dps each.

Spoiler

These rings are great, they make level 20 curses turn to level 4 curses practically, and because I have Kaoms Roots, temporal chains, freeze, chill, and stun are non-existent....I am...Unstoppable!

Flasks

Spoiler

Jewels
Spoiler

Self-Fragilation (Make use of the curses)
Spire of Stone

Level 85
4.4k HP
1.2k ES
800 MP Unreserved
40k DPS / Totem, with Huge Totem Survivability (50% Inc Life from Soul Mantle, and Max Resistances from Gem) In Maps, 25k Avg In Hideout

EDIT:

Just 6 link'd and divined, but unlucky divine lol
What do you guys suggest for the 6th link?

Hypothermia? Added Chaos? Added Cold / Lightning? Crit Multiplier? Aoe/Con Aoe?
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
Last edited by NaarJitsu on Aug 18, 2017, 2:11:19 PM
Hey Folks,

If anyone could take the time to offer a suggestion or two that might help me feel less squishy, that would be awesome... really appreciate it. I did a T15 map and I literally had to spawn totems over and over inch by inch and stay out of range of monsters. Even a low tier map breach, kicked my ass. So damage is good, but my survivability...not so much :(

Cheers!

Character (Tree) Below:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Whiskey990/characters

Gear Below:
Spoiler
"
Whiskey990 wrote:
Hey Folks,

If anyone could take the time to offer a suggestion or two that might help me feel less squishy, that would be awesome... really appreciate it. I did a T15 map and I literally had to spawn totems over and over inch by inch and stay out of range of monsters. Even a low tier map breach, kicked my ass. So damage is good, but my survivability...not so much :(

Cheers!

Character (Tree) Below:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Whiskey990/characters

Gear Below:
Spoiler

Nothing about your gear really sticks out as needing drastic improvements, but life is a bit low on some slots and other slots have uniques without life at all. If survivability is an issue, you can always start using Enfeeble in place of Assassin's Mark, with the trade off being slightly lower DPS for considerably less damage received. My personal preference for surviving just involves being a speedy bastard. I keep quicksilver and silver flasks up together to run circles around packs of mobs using speed and whirling blades, only stopping long enough to place a single totem at a time. Positioning seems to be key in this build, both your position and where you're placing your totems.

You could also consider changing out some of your gem links. Flame Dash in particular doesn't need to be in a link because Whirling Blades should be your primary movement skill. Vaal Haste works well because of the added speed, like I previously mentioned. If you make room for it, you could try a CWDT - Immortal Call - Inc Duration link. Not the most effective without endurance charges, but still something to reduce incoming phys dmg for just a little bit.

Also I just noticed your flasks, what's going on there? Might be time to think about getting some better flasks. Maybe a Panicked divine life flask, or whatever your preference for fast healing, especially if you're in T15.

Edit: Also, your characters are not set to public.
Last edited by Dromlin on Aug 19, 2017, 12:25:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info