[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
bibanul wrote:
"
Jadran wrote:
"
Cosmovagabond wrote:
What about using 6 link Soul Mantle. extra gem slot and extra totem could be good, right?

Absolutely, I am going the Soul Mantle route with Glacial Cascade and the Self-Flagellation jewel. The mantle is 4L only (5L effectively with the built-in spell totem) and I am destroying mid-level maps with mediocre gear. I can't wait to 6L it.

Why are you using the Self-Flagellation jewel?

(10-20)% increased Damage per Curse on You
You can have one additional Curse

I don't get what is the benefit.

This also confused me at first, but it's actually a VERY useful gem with Soul Mantle. I thought it increases the damage curses do on you, but no, it increases YOUR damage that you do with the totems for every curse on you. Soul Mantle can stack a lot of curses on you.

They really should word that jewel better...
What about using Kikazaru as well with Self-Flag and Soul Mantle?
EDIT: double post
Last edited by Snelson88 on Aug 16, 2017, 3:01:46 PM
Atm lvl86 inquisitor, I play very casually each leagues and it's my rippiest character so far. Atm on a 5L I need anger to farm efficiently in red maps. I have Cloak of defiance and lot of mana and regen on gear. It's 400mana/s: 1100 unreserved mana(anger clarity maxed, and it's way less than enough.

Even with refreshing lvl19 arcane surge and using (only) vaal haste and diamond flasks(wooping 70%ish percent on 5 power charges my dps is nothing particulary astonishing. Atziri's flask is a meh buff tbh better putting a silver don't mind playing without quicksilver at this point.

In the last big league I was playing a melee life based non crit dual wield hipster char and managed to lvlup smoothly and clean 8 affixes T15 bosses.

I think if you are going dual flameblast (that is I believe better than glacial cascade), for T13+ content you need lvl95+ (6 power chargen doomcast, crit dmg jewel sockets, enough hps) and IMHO a reduced mana reservation on Anger or Flameblast dmg enchant to do shapers. Also you may need to aim for 6K health, 2,5K unreserved mana(it's at least 2 to 3 flasks for life and mana too) while keeping cast speed on both weapons, jewelries(even the 7% on rings make the difference) AND crit mult on amulets. IT IS NOT BUDGET AT ALL.

On the bright side: clearspeed is decent on lower maps (T8-T9 and downward) because totems kill stuff out of screen when I'm advancing, (looting through lootfilter sounds) but requires way more micro and precision than most builds, because arcane surge manipulation and shield charge hitboxes being bitches.
Last edited by galuf on Aug 16, 2017, 3:21:16 PM
"
Snelson88 wrote:
What about using Kikazaru as well with Self-Flag and Soul Mantle?

You have to use two Kikazaru, with only one the curses are too punishing to be viable. Tested in HC SSF.

Im playing Soul Mantle with flasks of Warding (inmunity to curses) and no Self-Flag Jewel.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
Last edited by lourun_coria on Aug 17, 2017, 8:12:48 AM
"
galuf wrote:
Atm lvl86 inquisitor, I play very casually each leagues and it's my rippiest character so far. Atm on a 5L I need anger to farm efficiently in red maps. I have Cloak of defiance and lot of mana and regen on gear. It's 400mana/s: 1100 unreserved mana(anger clarity maxed, and it's way less than enough.

Even with refreshing lvl19 arcane surge and using (only) vaal haste and diamond flasks(wooping 70%ish percent on 5 power charges my dps is nothing particulary astonishing. Atziri's flask is a meh buff tbh better putting a silver don't mind playing without quicksilver at this point.

In the last big league I was playing a melee life based non crit dual wield hipster char and managed to lvlup smoothly and clean 8 affixes T15 bosses.

I think if you are going dual flameblast (that is I believe better than glacial cascade), for T13+ content you need lvl95+ (6 power chargen doomcast, crit dmg jewel sockets, enough hps) and IMHO a reduced mana reservation on Anger or Flameblast dmg enchant to do shapers. Also you may need to aim for 6K health, 2,5K unreserved mana(it's at least 2 to 3 flasks for life and mana too) while keeping cast speed on both weapons, jewelries(even the 7% on rings make the difference) AND crit mult on amulets. IT IS NOT BUDGET AT ALL.

On the bright side: clearspeed is decent on lower maps (T8-T9 and downward) because totems kill stuff out of screen when I'm advancing, (looting through lootfilter sounds) but requires way more micro and precision than most builds, because arcane surge manipulation and shield charge hitboxes being bitches.

IMHO, GC build is much much better than FB build: DPS is better, survivability is better (non-one-shot monsters are always freezed and shocked), gear cost is lower (since you do not need as much cast speed as for FB). Also I would prefer using Soul Mantle instead of Cloak of Defiance. Atziri's flask is OP for GC build since it greatly increases total DSP and gives a lot of HP regen.

My characted (atm 81 lvl and very cheap gear) has 32k * 2 (hits per cast) * 3 (totems count) = 200k DPS and totems are one-shoting everything they see:)
How much cast speed GC build needs? Or how many cast per second we must look for?
Last edited by Lanceabbott on Aug 17, 2017, 6:32:53 AM
"
Lanceabbott wrote:
How much cast speed GC build needs? Or how many cast per second we must look for?

It depends on your budget. 1.3 - 1.5 casts per second should be enought for the low cost gear. Cast speed is still useful for the GC build, but it is not such important as for FB build.

After some tests I've determined the following stats priority for me: crit chance > spell / elemental damage > cold / lightning damage to spells > crit damage > cast speed.
"
Leemuria wrote:
"
Lanceabbott wrote:

It depends on your budget. 1.3 - 1.5 casts per second should be enought for the low cost gear. Cast speed is still useful for the GC build, but it is not such important as for FB build.

After some tests I've determined the following stats priority for me: crit chance > spell / elemental damage > cold / lightning damage to spells > crit damage > cast speed.

Ok, im good so, i have 2.3 casts per second =D

Check out my gear, should i change the left hand for divinarus?
What about the unique Soulthirst belt?
I´m playing now Tier 6 / 7 maps without any Problem (and can improve a lot on HP and Damage)
and can keep the Soulthirst buff going most of the times. Soulthirst means that i have a cast speed (when there are "enough" monsters and triggering the buff with an Onslaught flask) of
250+. So its also not so important to have cast speed on "all" items...
Plus IMO its a funny playstyle (you have to be very active, a lot of micro and precision).

Soul Mantle with Self-Flagellation for an extra plus of Damage (atm using one Kikazaru and Mindspiral as my helmet. Just I´m still working around on how to get the best (in terms of Flask effect duration) out of this Combi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info