Prophecy as a Core Game Mechanic

"
grepman wrote:
"
"
sidtherat wrote:
took me 10 seconds to find this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOz4cwk08pA
(there might be other videos but ill that to you)

will you admit you are wrong on all accounts or will you move the goal post somewhere else?

people are doing this with mirror clones, elemental TS, various LA/FB jokes etc etc..

Will I ever admit I was wrong about anything to someone so confrontational and irrational as you? Never.

Your video is irrelevant, your arguments are irrelevant. You don't even begin to grasp why I am making the point I was. As far as I am concerned our conversation is over.

so, let me get this straight. you went and asked him for a video of someone killing an uber with a 1c bow, he did, and then you refuse to argue with him anymore. lol.

score is clearly sid 1, you 0
and you cant even admit you were wrong. sad.

Well i'm sorry to interrupt,but on his video the guy fails to complete core and uses all portals on uber.
Not that he didn't do her,but not anyone's idea of an uber build.
I've played bows and though the power comes easy,deffinetely not with death's harp though,survivability is much less than other playstyles.
Anything can be done in this game but making a viable endgame (uber-core) build that can actually level up by playing these maps requires some money. If not,build will be nerfed by GGG asap. (voltaxic spark)
I see no sense in this, or you continue with the legacy stuff, or you don't. And by that, I mean nerfing all existing legacy over there aswell. You must keep some pattern, otherwise the game will become too unpredictable. And I'm not willing to support or invest in a unpredictable game.
pls tell us what you going to do with reach? :'( just let us know so we can start drying our tears earlier.

It felt so good getting a good bow by myself without depending so much on RNG/trade.. so good... now all hope is lost, back into 10ex+ bow builds.

"
Praetorio wrote:
This is not cool, you added this bow to bait people to play prophecy and farm for weeks for this bow and then nerf it?!? This bow is the prize for all the people that have played prophecy, people who will play this in standard will have a chance to get this bow too in the future(same like people who have played Prophecy League this summer)?!?What game does that?!

What is the point of playing leagues in the future and farming league items if they are going to be used as bait and will be nerfed in the end?!?! If this bow going to be nerfed I'm sure many people will be unhappy, people worked so hard for this and prophecy league turns out to be a waste of time....

If you add the nerfed version to standard and keep this as legacy item like all the others legacy items that already exist - a perfect solution and everyone will be happy, because otherwise the player count will drop due to people losing their favourite/fun weapon to use and there will be no reason to play leagues in the future because you just get robbed in the end.

P.S. I played for few days few years ago and I came back to the game 3-4 weeks ago and have been playing nearly every day so I'm a new player and I enjoy playing, the reason why I started playing Prophecy is to get this bow and this is the only good item that I managed to get, if few weeks of farming can be lost so fast what is the point of playing?

yup, good to know, you've helped me organize the thoughts i already had.
So agreed, if they nerf ROtC (more than 10-20% damage) i will never play a league again.
screw that, ggg

i want to play bow builds but i can't afford 100ex to make it endgame viable with ultra rare yellow bows and other top notch gear. RoTC was the solution, if you nerf it too much, whats the alternative? Chin Sol? ROFL

Same thing why i made my dagger/sword reaver in perandus and now again in prophecy, when i saw binos and scaeva, i knew that i could farm enough to buy/get them myself without having to rely on tremenduous luck, cookie cutter builds or ubber Auction House M4dSk1llz
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Last edited by The_Risen on Aug 10, 2016, 7:50:20 PM
"
grepman wrote:
"

Prophecies like div cards are a "deterministic" means of acquiring items, their whole point of existing is to let you get loot without hoping for a 1/large number chance of it happening. You kind of misunderstood why they exist.

first, prophecies arent a deterministic mean at all, because the outcome of seeking a prophecy is...wait for it...random

in fact, there is no difference between brute forcing prophecies for a 6 link prophecy and actually 6linking something with fuses. yeah you get cool quests in between but since you consider them trash anyway, it doesnt matter much. so no, thats not deterministic in any way.

second, divcards ARE 'more' deterministic, however it is you who misunderstands how they work and what their design goal was.

div cards drop rate are tied directly to drop rate of item. so if on average a drop rate of an t1 item is a year, you can expect to find all cards of a set on average in about that time as well.

what div cards do is remove variance, so if SSF player really really wants an item, they can farm their life away in one area and avoid situation where they get all other t1 items BESIDES the one they want

that, and div cards remove binary 1-drop 0-no drop situation, by giving you partial item value.

the problem is, a lot of people misunderstand the divcards and prophecies and think they up drop rates. they do not. you still have to farm and grind. there is no shortcut to get that item faster than it would otherwise be due to drops.

I don't misunderstand how drops rates work in this game, I have done research into them when making my MF characters. I never said it makes the items easier to acquire. However, in the case of prophecies given how small the drop table is when compared to the unique drop table you effectively have a much higher chance to acquire the items that are on it. It is adjusted accordingly for the rarest prophecies equivalent to T1 uniques. Prophecies work similar to div cards, they smooth out the variance in acquisition of uniques that are considered good for leveling and making builds.

I don't know what you are huffing and puffing about.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
I never openly voiced my opinion on this, at least until now, but I am very happy to hear this. Great job again GGG!

Quick question, will legacy versions of Reach Of the Council exist in standard or will the nerf be applied as it was for Voltaxic Rift? Or has this not been decided yet?
The sunk dev cost fallacy is strong with this league.

'Go to rng place, kill rng thing, do game action involving rng, and get rng reward'

One more thing (sealed prophecies) to clutter and drive more stash tab sales (NEED MORE PRECIOUS PLAYER TRADE INTERACTIONS).

One more RNG slotmachine lever for people to tug on and fruitlessly hope for something good.

even if its optional content, its more design space baggage in the core game they have to test and support now (that not everyone likes cause it's 'optional' content).

Enjoy sealing those backtracking/repetetive/trash prophecies you hate with lowered coin drops kids!

Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
Last edited by Ruby_Lux on Aug 10, 2016, 8:23:12 PM
STOP PUTTING LEAGUE CONTENT INTO STANDARD.

what's the point of playing leagues if the content is just going to exist again in standard?

as for nerfing, fine...nerf FUTURE drops but leave the legacy from the league.

as another player said, it is BAIT and SWITCH... you will lose the trust of players.
You guys are awesome. I didnt get a chance to play much but loved the mini quests of prophecy.

Hope you eliminate all this repeats. Like I did like 6 Hrimsorrow gloves by only lvl 81. That gets old. I stopped playing because repeats.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 10, 2016, 8:44:59 PM
The guys that have the mirrored gear on standard, the guys that are selling the mirrored harbingers, these same players made money in PoE by playing leagues and hoarding items that became legacy variants like voll's devotion or headhunters, legacy shavs and kaoms. Now, that others are trying to do the same thing, play the league for the specific items, save them and sell to make money, GGG shits on it.

It seems that the 1% rich player base is very concerned with staying the 1% rich player base. How is it any different? You got a kaom's heart back in the day that had 1000 fucking hp on it. This was stupid OP JUST like reach of the council is! GGG let you keep it, you then sold it for hundreds of ex and got mirrored gear. Now your mad when the same type of thing happens because you know that in order to be rich other players have to be poor.

I am not upset because my overpowered fancy toy is being taken away, I am upset because instead of announcing this at the start of the league (we at GGG are sorry we are dumb and released an overpowered bow. D'nt worry we will fuck it up) we find out about it with less than a month to go. I invested a lot of time in getting the +1 arrow drillneck, the +2 extra t-shot helm plus all the other needed gear, and, would not have done so if I knew the entire this was going to be a waste of time. I would have played a different build that would have retained its value into standard so I felt like I did not just waste the last three months of farming.

Every league this is happening now. Every build I make gets nerfed into shit. I could list all the builds that I wasted my time on. Why bother playing the next league at all?
🐢
"
Koheleth wrote:
The guys that have the mirrored gear on standard, the guys that are selling the mirrored harbingers, these same players made money in PoE by playing leagues and hoarding items that became legacy variants like voll's devotion or headhunters, legacy shavs and kaoms. Now, that others are trying to do the same thing, play the league for the specific items, save them and sell to make money, GGG shits on it.

It seems that the 1% rich player base is very concerned with staying the 1% rich player base. How is it any different? You got a kaom's heart back in the day that had 1000 fucking hp on it. This was stupid OP JUST like reach of the council is! GGG let you keep it, you then sold it for hundreds of ex and got mirrored gear. Now your mad when the same type of thing happens because you know that in order to be rich other players have to be poor.

I am not upset because my overpowered fancy toy is being taken away, I am upset because instead of announcing this at the start of the league (we at GGG are sorry we are dumb and released an overpowered bow. D'nt worry we will fuck it up) we find out about it with less than a month to go. I invested a lot of time in getting the +1 arrow drillneck, the +2 extra t-shot helm plus all the other needed gear, and, would not have done so if I knew the entire this was going to be a waste of time. I would have played a different build that would have retained its value into standard so I felt like I did not just waste the last three months of farming.

Every league this is happening now. Every build I make gets nerfed into shit. I could list all the builds that I wasted my time on. Why bother playing the next league at all?

You play the new league to get away from standard / fresh start. That's the only reason really.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info