Prophecy as a Core Game Mechanic

"
daaviid78 wrote:
But if you think about it, why does it bother you that much? You know that you don't have to pick up the silver coins that drop? You don't have to start a prophecy? It's optional. Exactly like the Masters are. You don't have to do the content if you really don't enjoy it.

sadly with prophecies this might not be that easy, it depends on the rewards/loot you get from prophecies and if prophecies are in the league challenges. especially in races the first point could have quite an impact (masters i.e. are disabled in races but u also have them in league challenges). so neither of them really are optional.
and silver coins are currency so u have to pick them up, who ignores currency drops?

even worse if there are items which only drop in prophecies..

well lets just hope the best, cant change it anyways.
"
rushjo wrote:
"
daaviid78 wrote:
But if you think about it, why does it bother you that much? You know that you don't have to pick up the silver coins that drop? You don't have to start a prophecy? It's optional. Exactly like the Masters are. You don't have to do the content if you really don't enjoy it.

sadly with prophecies this might not be that easy, it depends on the rewards/loot you get from prophecies and if prophecies are in the league challenges. especially in races the first point could have quite an impact (masters i.e. are disabled in races but u also have them in league challenges). so neither of them really are optional.
and silver coins are currency so u have to pick them up, who ignores currency drops?

even worse if there are items which only drop in prophecies..

well lets just hope the best, cant change it anyways.

Ah, I stand corrected. I didn't think about challenges. That can be an issue I guess.
Prophecy was much more fun before the Nerf,alts get practically no good prophecy's it seems like the majority of items listed on trade sites are very old so i see this just getting worse with more inbound negative changes to items and even less good prophecy's.

If this is what the game is turning into then why the nerf mid league. Prophecy is a whole different experience for alts compared to first runs and not in a good way, some items/prophecys were pulled completely and drops were nerfed making it worse,,and i dont see how they could be a core component when even more items are treated that way.Putting things into the game and then killing their drop rate or usefulness is never a good thing ever, those playing catch up never get anything worth a hoot imo. Making it a core mechanic will not be a fresh idea and probably lose more player base in the end when compared to something truly new.
Remember when high end gear was really high end !
Classic Audio all the way,olderthandirt and twice as
Grizzly :)
"
Katsuko wrote:

I do have to say I'm rather miffed about the idea of Reach of the Council being changed. We've been putting our time in saving up keys to participate in the Pale Court encounter, with this bow being desired greatly for my build. Nearing the end of the event and having been working towards unlocking this item, it is slightly disheartening to think a core objective for re-involving myself may be altered in a negative manor.

Regardless, Prophecy has been great. Keep up the good work.

+1 for this.
I vote to keep the current Reach of the Council bows in-game as "legacy" items. If this or any items was a true game changer that "brakes or broke" the play, then it would not be an issue to nerf it. As this bow is not such an item, leave as is.
peace
Thank you GGG! You are one of my favorite gaming companies. You really know how to listen to the players!
Personally I liked Prophecy for the Quests that needed to be done like kill and army of frogs or fight a warbands with there leader but the only thing that was annoying was the fact that it required you to "Buy" your Prophecies which to me was always annoying Imagine having to pay Cadiro just for him to show you an item you want to buy. It's the same as Prophecies you have to buy a prophecy to see what it is. I think it would be better for everyone if you could seek all the prophecies you wanted but you had to pay to seal them that way I don't use 8 Silver coins seeking a full set of Prophecies and then I only have about 6-10 coins left and I can only seal about 2 or 3 and I'm stuck with ones I can't do or it's not worth doing.
glad i didnt play Prophecy, looks like GGG shit on you guys ..
i like prophecy being added to core game..

but the "prophecy only" items .. they are coming too?? THATS DUMB AS HELL!!!
almost as dumb as div cards that give league items

besides for league items, and the league challenge mtx ... why play leagues? .. i wouldnt..
Last edited by CaoMengde on Aug 11, 2016, 3:26:50 PM
I personally find it quite entertaining that multiple people are mad that RotC will get nerfed because they worked so hard for it. Guess what, so did the people that got Voltaxic/Consuming Dark/Infernal Mantle. Nerfs are part of the game, they either need to abandon legacy items completely or allow legacy items completely. Flip-flopping just produces all these salty posts from people that no one would miss if they really quit.
"
13isLucky wrote:
I personally find it quite entertaining that multiple people are mad that RotC will get nerfed because they worked so hard for it. Guess what, so did the people that got Voltaxic/Consuming Dark/Infernal Mantle. Nerfs are part of the game, they either need to abandon legacy items completely or allow legacy items completely. Flip-flopping just produces all these salty posts from people that no one would miss if they really quit.

The only difference is that ROTC needs 4 damn annoying prophecy chain to be completed for the council key and there you only have a chance to get it.
Voltaxic and the other 2 can drop anywhere.

I agree with you that GGG should now clearly decide to nerfnuke all legacy items retroactively or let us keep the League only uniques and tell us the decision.
Last edited by LordJoseph on Aug 11, 2016, 4:15:02 PM
Definitely great job.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info