Prophecy as a Core Game Mechanic

soooo very happy with this decision
I like the move of Prophecy into standard; thanks. but the trashy ones are really a waste of time, and space. One way to make them attractive would be to make the experience points tied to completing them five, ten or even twenty times the normal number. that way they will help with leveling. Bonus points could be tied to normal, cruel, merciless, and mapping levels to keep things balanced.

This would encourage players to include the less rewarding quests into their leveling plans. A quest that gave you a 3% bump in experience and nothing more might all of a sudden be worth doing. For a level 85 player, I wonder if it would have a market value?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
"
Koheleth wrote:
The guys that have the mirrored gear on standard, the guys that are selling the mirrored harbingers, these same players made money in PoE by playing leagues and hoarding items that became legacy variants like voll's devotion or headhunters, legacy shavs and kaoms. Now, that others are trying to do the same thing, play the league for the specific items, save them and sell to make money, GGG shits on it.

It seems that the 1% rich player base is very concerned with staying the 1% rich player base. How is it any different? You got a kaom's heart back in the day that had 1000 fucking hp on it. This was stupid OP JUST like reach of the council is! GGG let you keep it, you then sold it for hundreds of ex and got mirrored gear. Now your mad when the same type of thing happens because you know that in order to be rich other players have to be poor.

I am not upset because my overpowered fancy toy is being taken away, I am upset because instead of announcing this at the start of the league (we at GGG are sorry we are dumb and released an overpowered bow. D'nt worry we will fuck it up) we find out about it with less than a month to go. I invested a lot of time in getting the +1 arrow drillneck, the +2 extra t-shot helm plus all the other needed gear, and, would not have done so if I knew the entire this was going to be a waste of time. I would have played a different build that would have retained its value into standard so I felt like I did not just waste the last three months of farming.

Every league this is happening now. Every build I make gets nerfed into shit. I could list all the builds that I wasted my time on. Why bother playing the next league at all?

You play the new league to get away from standard / fresh start. That's the only reason really.

Well you can't really know why anyone plays the leagues now,can you?
There's more than one reasons.
Playing for obtaining league only items and porting them back to standard to build with other imported items from past leagues seems good reason for many people.
Others absolutely hate standard and have no option but play in leagues.
IMO this nerf thing of ROTC and announcing it to be standard available is a very wrong direction.
The mechanic of leagues is nice addition to std.
League specific items are not.
What's the point for the people who played leagues for the reason i posted and are not appealed by the fresh start concept alone?

"
daaviid78 wrote:
If my bow is going to be nerfed, then ALL legacy items have to be nerfed too.

RotC is OP, but he's no need to be nerfed, he's need a change.

For example from '+4 additional arrow' to '+1 additional arrow per 200 dex' or '+1 additional arrow per 100 int'.
How many RotC users have 800 dex or 400 int to have +4 arrows?

Also most of nerfing suggestion is 'reduce number of arrows' or 'just change arrows to support lv.X GMP'. All of you who have made similar offers - a boring people who see in '+ arrows' just a free socket to '+1 MORE damage' gems.

Right now you can use GMP in RotC and have 9 arrows. With Deadeye ascendancy and +1 arrow quiver it's a 11 arrows and 11-arrows TS is pretty funny, you know? Anyway with any other bows is simply impossible and this is why I personally played a ranger in this league.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
grepman wrote:
"
"
sidtherat wrote:
took me 10 seconds to find this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOz4cwk08pA
(there might be other videos but ill that to you)

will you admit you are wrong on all accounts or will you move the goal post somewhere else?

people are doing this with mirror clones, elemental TS, various LA/FB jokes etc etc..

Will I ever admit I was wrong about anything to someone so confrontational and irrational as you? Never.

Your video is irrelevant, your arguments are irrelevant. You don't even begin to grasp why I am making the point I was. As far as I am concerned our conversation is over.

so, let me get this straight. you went and asked him for a video of someone killing an uber with a 1c bow, he did, and then you refuse to argue with him anymore. lol.

score is clearly sid 1, you 0
and you cant even admit you were wrong. sad.

Aside from the fact that a 6L Chin Sol is nowhere near a 1c bow...
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
daaviid78 wrote:
If my bow is going to be nerfed, then ALL legacy items have to be nerfed too.

RotC is OP, but he's no need to be nerfed, he's need a change.

For example from '+4 additional arrow' to '+1 additional arrow per 200 dex' or '+1 additional arrow per 100 int'.
How many RotC users have 800 dex or 400 int to have +4 arrows?

Also most of nerfing suggestion is 'reduce number of arrows' or 'just change arrows to support lv.X GMP'. All of you who have made similar offers - a boring people who see in '+ arrows' just a free socket to '+1 MORE damage' gems.

Right now you can use GMP in RotC and have 9 arrows. With Deadeye ascendancy and +1 arrow quiver it's a 11 arrows and 11-arrows TS is pretty funny, you know? Anyway with any other bows is simply impossible and this is why I personally played a ranger in this league.

The only unique thing about RotC though is the additional projectiles in that quantity on a decent end-game bow base as opposed to Death's Harp/Fated.
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
I knew they would do it -.-

They listened to all of the ignorant scrubs and have decided to nerf the "Reach of the Council". In reality the only OP bow was Deaths Opus because, for the level requirement that it has, it is exceedingly more powerful than it should be. It has both absurdly high crit multi and is easily end-game worthy. The "Reach of the Council" was only ever slightly better dps wise depending on the build and like i said if they made any actual change to it in terms of dmg the Opus bow would easily overtake it. Did any of you listen? Nope. Now we have to deal with people bitching and when it does get nerfed people will only move on to bitch about the Opus next.

Stop listening to the ignorant scrubs that have only played a few leagues and actually check the content yourself GGG. You released it under the pretense of understanding that it was within the realm of balance when compared to some other endgame worthy bows. If you didn't believe so then why release it with the stats it had? Why back down now? Seriously, this is the first time i have ever actually enjoyed a bow build! Both the Opus and the Reach made me feel like building an archer was worth building into instead of the same old CoC, RF or CWDT builds that literally everyone and their mother does. It is laggy as mess, absurdly OP and extremely cheap compared to most other builds in the game that can be called "Endgame worthy".

..Rant over.

if you need RotC to have endgame worthy build i.. i.. just do not know what to say. sorry but that it is just unreasonable thing to say.
that bow was and is broken and most likely will remain even with the nerf (just like Voltaxic and Incinerate are still perfectly fine)
you are just conditioned to playing on cheats so you do not know how the rest of this game looks like

I never once stated that i "NEED" the RoTC bow you pompous ignoramus! Learn to read child or get back in school. I said that it made Bow WORTH playing as a decently fast endgame map clearer and that bow made it fun (at least for me)!

It isn't broken :P What it is trying to compete with is broken. CoC and CWDT Discharge are the most played builds on this game and are extremely broken. They are cheap and require little planning to have them work as effectively as most other builds and when planned effectively leave everything in the dust either in dps or in survivability. If they want to make changes to balancing they should balance that first!

Conditioned to playing on cheats? WTF?! Cheating in this game would get you banned as it would require you to hack the game since none of your items are LOCAL. What i am "conditioned" for is hardcore grinding and that is why i continue to come back to this game every new league.
Last edited by shinigamiscall on Aug 10, 2016, 11:07:11 PM
no no no.

Why would they decide to carry over the league with the most items to go legacy.

Petition not to add to Standard Game.

Leave Leagues in Leagues.
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
But what about existing Reaches, will they keep their stats or get nerfed as well?
"
Yajirushi62 wrote:
Aside from the fact that a 6L Chin Sol is nowhere near a 1c bow...
Learn to read, dude. That build can use 1-link Chin Sol, FFS, he did normal Atziri with main skill in a 4-link Deerstalker...
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info