Prophecy as a Core Game Mechanic

Don't like Prophecy stuff at all -.-
Prophecy most sucked league!
It's just a stupid quest system. Nothing more!
*ucking prophecy are activated most in inappropriate time and vice versa do not work on the maps when you are waiting for their.
League empties faster of the two previous.

If you are so confident in the success of this league - make vote "Are you for or against the inclusion of this league in the main game"

My voice will be - against! :-P
IGN: InquisitorTriD
A game like this will always have changes. New content will be added and when the developers feel, they have caused it to get unbalanced, they are bound to roll back some of it to make it more balanced.

My take on this is a nerf is all good to keep the game balanced for the future. Many new people join everyday, many leave playing. The game needs to be balanced in the present time. But there are always things that people dream about, like a perfectly rolled harbinger selling for 350 exalts :D

There are OP legacy items floating about which people eventually may work hard to earn enough to buy. If people have worked towards getting certain things, they should be allowed to keep it. Some players having super strong gear for some time will not hurt the larger number of new players or others without the benefit of it. A person having the most amazing gear is bound to stop using it (getting bored or leaving the game or selling it). Even the player keeps using it, it hardly effects others who play the game as it is now and not as it used to be once upon a time.

I think the Reach and Voidheart are OP. I also believe that keeping the stronger versions of them as legacy and changing the newer versions works. People can keep those things they worked hard to get. This is their reward for playing the game or the league at this time. Future players will get some other benefit. A retroactive nerf needs to be applicable to all OP items and not only certain uniques. Eventually the legacy items will rise in price and become items people want to buy eventually just like a headhunter (which is OP).

Regarding the inclusion of Prophecy, people have preferences. Some people like it, some people don't. No right or wrong there. I don't like this league much, but that's just my opinion.
Looks like this site released Atlas of Worlds details early.
"
Ssshhiivv wrote:
A game like this will always have changes. New content will be added and when the developers feel, they have caused it to get unbalanced, they are bound to roll back some of it to make it more balanced.

My take on this is a nerf is all good to keep the game balanced for the future. Many new people join everyday, many leave playing. The game needs to be balanced in the present time. But there are always things that people dream about, like a perfectly rolled harbinger selling for 350 exalts :D

There are OP legacy items floating about which people eventually may work hard to earn enough to buy. If people have worked towards getting certain things, they should be allowed to keep it. Some players having super strong gear for some time will not hurt the larger number of new players or others without the benefit of it. A person having the most amazing gear is bound to stop using it (getting bored or leaving the game or selling it). Even the player keeps using it, it hardly effects others who play the game as it is now and not as it used to be once upon a time.

I think the Reach and Voidheart are OP. I also believe that keeping the stronger versions of them as legacy and changing the newer versions works. People can keep those things they worked hard to get. This is their reward for playing the game or the league at this time. Future players will get some other benefit. A retroactive nerf needs to be applicable to all OP items and not only certain uniques. Eventually the legacy items will rise in price and become items people want to buy eventually just like a headhunter (which is OP).

Regarding the inclusion of Prophecy, people have preferences. Some people like it, some people don't. No right or wrong there. I don't like this league much, but that's just my opinion.

Finally someone who makes sense!

"
Ssshhiivv wrote:

I like you, let's be friends.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
1. I liked doing Prophecies, but when i was bored of it i simply skipped them, hard to do isn't it?

2. If Reach of the Council does NOT get a Legacy version and gets the same retroactive nerf as Voltaxic, then that is a change of game design policy and ALL, yes i said ALL LEGACY ITEMS should be retroactively deleted and replaced with their current equivalent uniques. Things like every Legacy Shavronne's wrappings, all Vessel of Winktars, Kaom's Heart, Mjölner, Windripper, etc.. ALL of the hard earned op uniques should be modified to medicore because i am a butthurt new player who did not play those leagues and had a chance to get them and they are scaring away the customers from my 500ex crafted rares.
So how would the old players feel when their prized items turn to average stuff?
End of rant.

But seriously GGG wreck the standard market and nerf ALL uniques retroactively to liven up the game.
Last edited by LordJoseph on Aug 10, 2016, 3:03:07 PM
"
Ssshhiivv wrote:

THIS MAN IS RIGHT!

Even though i have made a build guide with Reach, and played it for almost all league which was really fun and enjoyable, i still agree that it might be a tad too powerful. I also agree that it shouldn't be retroactively nerfed, which imo is also higly unlikely, as there isn't any variable stat that has ever been nerfed in the course of the game, and changing the additional projectiles, kinda ruins the niche-ness and novelty of the item.
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
Prophecy also started the 3 month time frame for the next challenge league and the making of all players be beta testers for GGG as 3 months is too short of time to properly debug new code (proof is the audio bug and server/client latency timing problems).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Sweet make a Cardio prophecy! and a fishing prophecy. I got to visit a instance with a invisible to me Krillson once!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info