Shock Nova

how does increased area of effect work with this skill now?
It's smaller and like a donut...

Anyway, the new Shock Nova feels really slow for some reason, it's like I cast then I stand still for a second before I can move again.
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
Thanks again Mark for your replys, here is my feedback

i don't know how to say this but well (i may be mistaken ,its just an opinion)

i'am very disapointed, the area of effect is really small (with and without concentrated effect), the dps got lowred by almost 2k (with full support gems), the critical chance..well forget about it xD and i really dont like the animation.

At the next reset i'll surely switch to firestorm or cold

i'am impatient to see other's ppl feedback

Here is my configuration
Unavailable

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAAMETGTDDibkRRNrI74TuZa7FLN6rSRYny0pTJkEMBrrWTDaOXA20hzqPYww9T6IjOVDGIu3RCAJoEunb_1T-uivV2DFvVfOPMJZizQiWtVtV1zZ3xRdrW-vYEcEyWC48QhlEXK1Zsc122eYDgFn7gnqaA1hmW_uAARyoJ9TcvYIf3UPIf92zV-ZfIbKGXz20Jp_qsgetfy5b-527s_qjuqY7FxsnPdmO0nn8dBe4CIiH4acYYvDfsN9i7FwpLyBuOa5SgZG2Qkd2ZvwKsXt17l4sxw4pq1QGCqnmHqRlma1DfnheK_LQR0Rhcp3rYXlV9zKub2Rp-cNpqefGF_zX-1WmS1ht40XYmPlY9BU7uvQ7eRNukqTeKvwgevhLa_LE6mpgz-2gqopxNmbqBLg3HXB4EVulcC_y8iYVKpkvSmZgA==
Current exiles under command :

Snoop Lv 73 cold witch Normal
Razagaal Lv 63 Fire summoner witch legacy
Daggoth Lv 50 AoF summoner Templar legacy
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Character: Zaanus, lvl 61 light witch. Shock nova supported by added light dmg, IIR, IIQ

After respeccing, I was able to pick up hexmaster and most of my old build due to the consolidation of the tree.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAAO1_Llv6o7qmPdmO0nmEoJl4CIiH83KZmNDGIu3vIG45jDaOXBW9xCUDibkRRqdWbSb8CrFvSG7VmbHNds_nl9N7de5eFzZ3xSzHDimYEcEyUlHOJwy6rnsp5h6kVdgxb0hedp6D2ZMTHyGyhmxKGCjZRFytfnheK9T-uiv4vYHPWeYDgHLQR0Rhcp3rYXlV9yn5w2menHH_JktYbfzX-1WPYww9UHuORaNF2Jj9Tm6jwRMZMNoDWGZlhxlauVj0FTu69Dt5E26Sj6IjOV_qsge4jL7dRi6bYTgS2y2Z-4J6oKqKcS49X_t2ZuoEjbSHOr9mG3TRCAJoG7B1fFyoJ9TwL_LyHL2CH8TuZa7mFSqZL0pmYB89tCakGlTJTAa61k=

My feedback:

My character is able to handle Chaos Maelstrom more effectively than I could in .95 due in large part to
1) hexmaster
2) reduced number of bosses/blues

I was able to clear 3-4 maps fairly effectively after adjusting to the new AoE on shock. In some ways I like it because it no longer requires such precise monster placement. It also didn't rape me so badly on elemental reflects and overall I seemed to play more predictably, which I liked.

Other observations:
* I had more mana problems.
* We need some kind of "immune" feedback on hexproofs
* I have a lot of increased AoE nodes and the the radius still seems limited. Hate to see what it is without them.
* I think it can go back to standard crit rates with the changes. Right now I feel too penalized to bother taking crit related passives.
It's bugged guys, at least for me... sometimes in act 2 if monsters come at zero distance to you the nova simply does not hit! It is not intended right?
"
piov1984 wrote:
It's bugged guys, at least for me... sometimes in act 2 if monsters come at zero distance to you the nova simply does not hit! It is not intended right?

It is intended from what i understand from the patch notes.

But i agree with Zaanus about shock nova should go back to standard crit rates. I've taken all crit nodes there is to take and the chance of doing a critical hit is merely 14.8%. I could get this number higher when i get better items, but not bye much.
"
Jurge wrote:
I've taken all crit nodes there is to take and the chance of doing a critical hit is merely 14.8%. I could get this number higher when i get better items, but not bye much.

You really need to take the new "shock chance/duration" nodes (20% chance total) over by Minion Instability. Also, quality versions of Shock Nova have both shock chance and duration. Elemental weakness has more shock chance...

You can get over 50% shock chance easily and that is not counting crit chance... Each time an enemy is shocked you do 40% more damage, for a total of 120% (as they can be shocked only 3 times now).

People really should look over the skill tree before they start complaining...
For what it's worth, I miss the old shock nova. Maybe this was an intended nerf and if so that's fine, but the old one rewarded you more for playing better with it. I used to reliably one-shot mobs with good positioning, especially if I cursed them first, but with the new nova you have to work harder (smaller radius) for less reward (damage is random everywhere it hits). If the goal was just to prevent ppl from spamming nova only then I don't understand why they reduced the radius too instead of just removing a ring out of the center. Just my 2 cents.
"
bennyr wrote:
(damage is random everywhere it hits).
This was always the case. The old nova just scaled the damage range down based on distance, it never removed the damage roll.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
bennyr wrote:
(damage is random everywhere it hits).
This was always the case. The old nova just scaled the damage range down based on distance, it never removed the damage roll.

Just to make sure I understand, the old nova even at max range could still roll the lowest damage amount shown on the skill? That surprises me if so, it definitely felt strong on the edges. But the range on this skill definitely was reduced also right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info