Raise Zombie

yes, zombi is a big problem. on open locations they always lost. i need to summon them milion times, for have a maximum quantity of them. but in ruins and caves they r complitly useless.
ps.it would be cool to have icons of quantity summons, like it wos in D2.
"
CuteStar wrote:
I was in the mud flats today and was able to summon 2 zombies where I should of been only able to summon 1.

I seen other posts about this so I didnt make a new tread or anything, but they all seem to do with teleporting being the trigger..

For me I just left the other zombie behind off screen fighting sum thing, and was able to summon another one before he returned.

The second zombie followed me around and killed stuff till he eventually died.

Was not able to reproduce it again, but almost came close, before the game refreshed itself a second later and he dissapeared :P
http://gyazo.com/9428934a83eb39c5489023082413ab64

The same thing happened to me and I was able to reproduce the but. Right after you level up it seems the counter for you zombies resets to 0 (I tried changing the zombies stats with support gems and that did nothing so I don't think it is caused by zombies life improving when they level up). So if you have a maximum of 2 zombies and you level up with 2 zombies already summoned you can summon an 2 additional zombies for a grand total of 4 zombies. I am not sure if the same thing happens with skeletons or not.
I be that potion mixin', spell castin', dragon ridin' wizard. Got a 3 foot hat with a 6 foot beard, and it's only gettin' bigger. Put a staff up in my hand, and I'll shrink you down to size. All I need is a tail of a newt and some platypus eyes.
I like this skill. It's fun to use and gives plenty of minions to take damage and attack the enemy. My gripe with it is the following: the zombies do not seem interested in keeping up with me, falling farther and farther behind as I run in open fields or simply becoming lost altogether in dungeons. The zombies also wander away and disappear soon after summoning them. They aren't dead, because the ones who stuck around are destroyed to make room for 'new' zombies when I attempt to replace their deserting compatriots.

This is probably a bug involving complicated pathfinding and targeting AI issues, but it is one that crimps my character's style as a tanky summoner.
The wandering zombies. While it makes perfect sense, it is a bit annoying from a gameplay perspective. I use a lot of minions so this has been bugging me as well. But I found a partial solution for now. It seems like zombies are headed for whatever you are attacking, so shooting or raising skellies in an arbitrary direction sicks the zombies there as well ... usually ... sometimes they go the exact opposite direction :(

Anyway, this has enabled me to keep the group together a bit better. I continuously raise skellies ahead of me. When wandering about in the forests though even that doesn't help. After a minute Im all alone (and a necromancer should never be alone). Even so this is actually really fluffy and puts a smile on my face everytime it happens.

Other than this I am really enjoying raising anything undead. Im level 24 now and wandering about with 10 zombies, 10 skellies and 3 spectres in tow. It's awesome and I really really hope gems will remain stackable this way (I mean, I do give up a spellslot for it no?)

Edit:
Oh, in dungeons I just summon skellies in the next room, zombies rush in, I follow when the action cools down, sent them to the next room and clean out the first one.
Last edited by DoctorWho on May 26, 2012, 6:37:57 PM
With many minions active, It can be an issue quickly seeing how many are still alive -

I suggest a number to go on the skill (Similar to those on trap-type skills), Showing how many minions of that type are currently alive
"
ElNino wrote:
yes, zombi is a big problem. on open locations they always lost. i need to summon them milion times, for have a maximum quantity of them. but in ruins and caves they r complitly useless.
ps.it would be cool to have icons of quantity summons, like it wos in D2.

+1
One bug found..probably already mentioned

One Zombie was summoned and "alive"
Gem was ready to level up -> did so
With the newly leveld gem i hit the key with the wish to respawn that zombie with its upgraded atributes.
INSTEAD a second (i could rise only 1 at that time!) zombie was spawned. hitting the button a second time, only one zombie remained.

I have to admit, that it was on a legacy server..but i assume that the gamemechanic is the same.
like every one said minion AI and speed need to be buffed they are near useless at this point
The minions need to be at least as fast as the character controlling them so they can keep up.

Edit: And I wish zombies could hold agro a bit. half the time stuff just runs right by them and goes straight for me.
Last edited by Pixelmancer on Jun 18, 2012, 5:16:45 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with majority on this skill, Zombies need three things;

- Zone restriction, to stop them running off to the other side of the map as soon as I summon them.

- Some sort of inbuilt aggro, so they can properly be used as tanks for the summoner.

- Some sort of indicator to show how many are summoned, so you can see in the midst of battle if your forces have been reduced in any significant way.

If these three problems can be addressed, I'd be very happy. As it stands, Zombies are pathetic when compared to minion AI and management in other games like Titan Quest, Torchlight or Diablo.
Last edited by IGSkaarj on Jun 19, 2012, 7:07:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info