Raise Spectre

"
Peenk wrote:
So, any news of spectres being able to be saved or something? Been said time and time again, but having to hope certain mobs are in certain areas just to use a skill is pretty sad. As a dev said before, they are ghosts, let us trap the souls instead of just borrowing them, lore friendly idea.

Yes please, give them a cooldown or something, but do not make us go to merciless over and over again to recast spectres while our friends are having fun mapping, it is just unfair
ign: GotZappedForFree
Harbinger Store - Baalat's Harbie Shopie https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931620
Is it true that burned miscreations' unrighteous fire is not affected by magic find gems and gear stats? If so, then it's a bummer, they make dock clearing a burning breeze and actually allow me to do maps, even though my gear is mostly shit. And, no I can't use flame sentinels, my laptop can't handle them well. So much time wasted if it's true, running low life 81/207 for nothing lol.

P.S. I did notice an improvement in drops when I tried the tentacled miscreations, although they are not as fast and not safe at all. With the my favourite burning monstrocities I can just run through a pack and watch them burn. Although, it could be my mind playing tricks since I read about the bug.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Oct 13, 2013, 2:59:27 PM
minions of all kinds will credit thier kill as yours, and gear based item find mods work on that situation.
gems only work "on hit", which DoTs like unrighteous fire, does not do.
so, your "81/207" better mean your gear only mods. gem item finds won't work with burned miscreations for this purpose.
Sad to know. Losing almost half the quantity and quarter of rarity is painfull. I wonder if kill speed makes up for it. Thanks for the reply.

Edit

What about the Voidbearers, is their breath also considered a dot? They are aeasier to come by and have a bit more damage support variety it seems (although they do have to target the enemy).
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Oct 14, 2013, 1:18:41 AM
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Sad to know. Losing almost half the quantity and quarter of rarity is painfull. I wonder if kill speed makes up for it. Thanks for the reply.

Edit

What about the Voidbearers, is their breath also considered a dot? They are aeasier to come by and have a bit more damage support variety it seems (although they do have to target the enemy).
void's use a version of incinerate, that is not a DoT, so does work with on hit effects.
Thanks! I wonder how much of a farme rate drop will their breath provide with gmp?..
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Thanks! I wonder how much of a farme rate drop will their breath provide with gmp?..
massive, i suggest giving them blind support if you're going to do that, to give yourself and them a physical counter.
I have a summoner who uses 1 Carnage Chieftain (franzy monkey) and 4 Undying Grapplers (Flicker/dischargers) and it seems 1.0.0 changed both of their AI.

The chieftain used to spam frenzy charges on allies if it was linked with a blood magic support gem, to the point that it was sometimes hard for me to keep it alive. This isn't a problem now as it seems less interested in casting its frenzy skill now. Of course this also means I get less frenzy charges so that's a bummer.

Undying Grapplers used to only discharge when they had a power charge. And they only get those naturally by being close to kin getting slain. As a spectre, that means another spectre dying. So to get them to discharge I linked them to power charge on crit. Now though, they discharge regardless of which charge they have. So 1 frenzy from a chieftain makes the screen explode. I have mine linked with endurance charge on melee stun now as well as power charge on crit and increased crit and they discharge all the time! They definitely got buffed by this change.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
"
Mokihiki wrote:
The chieftain used to spam frenzy charges on allies if it was linked with a blood magic support gem, to the point that it was sometimes hard for me to keep it alive. This isn't a problem now as it seems less interested in casting its frenzy skill now. Of course this also means I get less frenzy charges so that's a bummer.
This was changed in 1.0.0. Previously, all monsters had exactly 200 max mana, and a set mana regen rate. All monster skills were costed based on this - a skill we want them to use only occasionally would cost most of that 200 mana. That meant making a high-level monster have blood magic caused this limiting system from skill costs to 'turn off', since their life, which they actually spent, was so high that a couple hundred in cost was comparatively nothing, and definitely didn't restrict use of the skill as it was intended to do.
Monsters now have reasonable amounts of mana per level, and costs which match. As such, blood magic works correctly for them.

"
Mokihiki wrote:
Undying Grapplers used to only discharge when they had a power charge. And they only get those naturally by being close to kin getting slain. As a spectre, that means another spectre dying. So to get them to discharge I linked them to power charge on crit. Now though, they discharge regardless of which charge they have. So 1 frenzy from a chieftain makes the screen explode. I have mine linked with endurance charge on melee stun now as well as power charge on crit and increased crit and they discharge all the time! They definitely got buffed by this change.
Discharging when they got any charge, rather than only looking for their regular power charges, was explicitly requested by a user in a PM to me (who also was using them with the Chieftains), and makes perfect sense, so we did it.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 28, 2013, 8:31:46 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Mokihiki wrote:
This was changed in 1.0.0. Previously, all monsters had exactly 200 max mana, and a set mana regen rate. All monster skills were costed based on this - a skill we want them to use only occasionally would cost most of that 200 mana. That meant making a high-level monster have blood magic caused this limiting system from skill costs to 'turn off', since their life, which they actually spent, was so high that a couple hundred in cost was comparatively nothing, and definitely didn't restrict use of the skill as it was intended to do.
Monsters now have reasonable amounts of mana per level, and costs which match. As such, blood magic works correctly for them.

I'm really disappointed with this change.

People in party used to ask, "What's giving us frenzy in the eternal lab?"

And I'd be able to reply, "Oh that's my monkey! Want to touch it?"

:((

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info