Raise Spectre

Hey, Im just starting out with my summoners build and im at 27 currently. I have noticed the trouble of keeping specters alive. That they die in itself is fine, but that you need to go back to a zone with the "best" specter in is just not cool :P Really wish for a support gem or passive node that could make you "store the souls of slain enemies" ( in that game ofc. ) that would make life alot easier for us summoners. Could maybe be a bit OP, but i havent considered all the possibilities and have no experience in the higher levels of this game :)
"
Turen wrote:
Hey, Im just starting out with my summoners build and im at 27 currently. I have noticed the trouble of keeping specters alive. That they die in itself is fine, but that you need to go back to a zone with the "best" specter in is just not cool :P Really wish for a support gem or passive node that could make you "store the souls of slain enemies" ( in that game ofc. ) that would make life alot easier for us summoners. Could maybe be a bit OP, but i havent considered all the possibilities and have no experience in the higher levels of this game :)

Yes please like a trap spectre soul gem, where you collect maybe 2-4 spectres to trap and summon when you need it.
If you can't control it, STOP.
im sumwat new but i luv my summoner i dont know if spectres ever scaled to caster level but why dont they... i use certain pets for solo but with other players i use non laggy pets but requires low lvl spectres or gimping my dps y dont they scale to level theyre a summoners main dps but them scaling to low lvl zones and not scaling to higher lvl zones is just stupid even with 4 health pots spamming vitality many other auras still get gimped by dumb ai or just them being 10 levels lower even with life leach and new resist gem they still get owned for being so low lvl and having passive 10 percent less life at least make the quality bonus like zombies give them more health and speed i find speed absolutely useless because ai is so dumb n they get stuck regardless how fast vitality and health pot spamming is still not enough to keep them up sometimes i love the skill and hope to see it improve
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
non-fast monsters.

sorry if it has been answered in this thread previously, I tried the shortcut of dev posts, long thread though.

But,

Raised Spectre level: based on mob level, caster level, zone level?

And if it isnt based on (caster of raise spectre)'s level...why isnt it based on that?

Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on May 22, 2013, 7:07:10 PM
Okay, something needs to be done to address the AI of spectres and minions in general indoors.

I've been playing summoner for a long time now. I'm level 79, continuing to do end-game maps.

The more I do these maps, and the further I get, the more I notice a very large issue: minion AI is really bad indoors. There's just a ridiculous number of issues with it, which leads me to begin to question the viability of my build:

-Minions often do not want to go through doors, even if it's just a small archway. They will sit around outside of it, eventually maybe squeezing 1 or 2 through and the others just sitting outside. They will die to everything in the next room without even trying to go through the door. Even directing them to go through with wand attacks doesn't help.

-Minions don't want to shoot through doors either. My spectres shoot fireballs, and there are enemies clearly right ahead through the door, but they won't shoot. They will take poison bombs to the face from an Undying Alchemist/whatever and just die, without any retaliation.

-Narrow corridors are terrible. Minions stop for no reason, get stuck on each other, and even if enemies are in melee range, sometimes they just will not fight. I just went through a Arachnid's Nest map and the final corridor to the boss was impossible: the minions WOULD NOT walk through the corridor, no matter what I did. My guess is that it was too skinny of a path? I have no idea, but I ended up dying a few times simply because they would not go. My final attempt was to run past everything in order to get them to "warp" into the next room, but that didn't work either.

The minion AI is a severely limiting factor of summoner builds. You'd think more minions would be a good thing most of the time, but because their AI is so bad, it ends up being a bad thing. With 11 Zombies and 16 Skeletons, I end up not even bothering to resummon a few lost zombies because the benefits I should have don't exist due to derpy AI. Whether it's them getting stuck on each other through doorways, standing around doing nothing... it's just a mess. I will say that outdoors they work well for the most part, but even improvements there can be made to their reaction/aggro radius/something (in general, they can still be quite derpy). My build uses a +16% quality minion speed gem on zombies and skeletons simply because I want them to be able to do what they need to do as soon as possible as soon as their AI realizes what they should be doing. In addition, I (hope) that it helps them unclog themselves in bunched up situations, or actually adjust their position to where they are happy enough to melee back at the enemy whacking them, but most of the time it does not.

I have to ask you that please take the time to refine this a bit in some way, with indoors issues being priority. Most end-game maps are "Area is a maze" in order to maximize loot drops and enemy spawns, but it usually ends up being a horrible mod for a summoner for the wrong reasons (derpy AI). Maps like Tunnels and Mine are a death sentence. My minions are tanky, but there's only so much they can take while standing around and doing nothing. If I had a support gem that gave my minions the ability to walk through each other (or improved their AI indoors) I would use that over anything else.

Thank you for reading.
Last edited by Crevox on May 23, 2013, 10:10:12 PM
"
When the Martyr runs into the enemy and explodes.. does he explode at his skill damage or at the minion instability damage, or does he super implode for double giblets?
If it's brought to low life, it will explode from Minion Instability immediately.
If it has time to use it's skill, it will blow itself up with the skill.
There's no way for both to happen.

"
Raise Specter vs Dominating Blow: Carrion Queen

Specter Carrion Queens do not lay little bastard hatchlings
Must be difficult, because they're dead, and incorporeal.

Dominating blow Queens do lay little bastard hatchlings
Have they actually died? No body hits the floor, so maybe they're still alive?
Yes, dominated monsters are still physically there, while spectres are ghosts. Ghosts can't make babies, but mind-controlled slaves can.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Yes, dominated monsters are still physically there, while spectres are ghosts. Ghosts can't make babies, but mind-controlled slaves can.
ignoring the hilarious but horribly sad implications (morals) of that, same applies for convert trap correct?
Last edited by soul4hdwn on May 27, 2013, 8:54:58 PM
I got my spectres linked with GMP and i noticed in the tooltip it states they get 50% less projectile damage, but not the 28% increased projectile damage (from lvl 15 gem) - why is that ?
I noticed that when the Undying Grapplers (flicker strike dischargers in sewers) are spectres, they only gain power charges when another spectre dies, and not when a skeleton or zombie dies. Didn't test dying players and totems so I'm not sure about them. Is 'kin' supposed to refer to other allies or only other allied monsters like it does now?

Not sure if this was intended but my dream of having 3 flicker boomers super powered by an endless stream of suicidal level 1 skeletons was crushed when I discovered that skeletons didn't really work for this. In case anyone is wondering, not having or having minion instability (dying vs martyrdom) didn't do anything to change this.
Kin, which literally mean "family", refers to other allied monsters of the same type, not to all allies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info