Leap Slam

this is not true. I had Voidhome Maul with 1.80 atack speed, sweep shows less damage than Leap slam. Now I brought Marohi(0.85), and again, leap slam does more dps. It must be balanced. I like Leap Slam and Sweep, but I see only disadvantages in end-game if I take Sweep

on next week we may see new Cyclone skill, so sweep will be even more worse... I think it must has some-kind "pull" effect or defensive capabilities.
3.0 IC Elemental Facebreaker Ascendant (HHC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1972518
2.6 Burning torpedo BLS Berserker(HC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1866111
2.5 HoWA BF Elemental Raider - Hybrid 800+int - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1785450
Last edited by Damac0101 on Mar 9, 2013, 12:32:27 PM
That is mostly because Sweep is on the weak side, not because Leap is overpowered. :P
"
I've noticed that this skill fails to trigger a lot of the time when trying to click somewhere behind say a small pillar, a box, or some similar doodad. While I don't nessesarily want the leap slam to allow people to leap through walls or the like, at the very least have the skill path around the box or pillar and then leap. Currently it just walks up to the point and auto attacks the air, not leap slamming at all.

Also skills with similar mechanics to leap slam are affected by this issue as well.

Same here - makes it very annoying to use in places like dungeons with a lot of walls.

This has gotten me killed more than any mobs.
"
Damac0101 wrote:
this is not true. I had Voidhome Maul with 1.80 atack speed, sweep shows less damage than Leap slam. Now I brought Marohi(0.85), and again, leap slam does more dps. It must be balanced. I like Leap Slam and Sweep, but I see only disadvantages in end-game if I take Sweep

on next week we may see new Cyclone skill, so sweep will be even more worse... I think it must has some-kind "pull" effect or defensive capabilities.

Leap Slam takes a default 1.4 seconds to activate, it only gains bonuses from passives, faster attacks gem and +#% STK Speed buffs on your gear. The base weapon speed has no influence over its attack rate.
At 1.4s to land an attack, that is barely over 0.7 APS.
Compare that to something like a Despot Axe with its 1.25 APS.
The Despot Axe with Sweep attacks 1.78 times as fast as it would with Leap Slam although it suffers 70% damage effectiveness compared to Leap Slam.
Attacking 78% faster with 70% damage effectiveness nets more DPS than Leap Slam with its slower attacks but 100% damage effectiveness.

Leap Slam shines more when you intentionally choose weapons that already have slow attacks speeds but high damage to compensate.
They both have their niche - Leap Slam with slow weapons and Sweep with the faster weapons.
That is balance.
IGN: CouthlessChills, CouthImpaired, NoCouth or CouthOblivious.
Sweep also has a fixed animation speed, tmk. Cleave is more suited to comparision there.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 10, 2013, 11:08:47 AM
brightbeak uniquex2
use leap slam 3x/second
cocaine frog
i am the tigger
Can you take damage during the 1.4 seconds of leap slam?
Of course.
Does Leap Slam have its own range like Cleave, or does it use weapon range?
IGN: ragol
leap slam should be immune to melee and ground effect attacks while mid-air, even against charge attacks. its silly that you can still be hit by charge while flying. a partial dodge to flying projectiles while mid-air should also be apt, as well as a very high resistance to stun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info