Leap Slam

now it is then you mean.
I've noticed that this skill fails to trigger a lot of the time when trying to click somewhere behind say a small pillar, a box, or some similar doodad. While I don't nessesarily want the leap slam to allow people to leap through walls or the like, at the very least have the skill path around the box or pillar and then leap. Currently it just walks up to the point and auto attacks the air, not leap slamming at all.

Also skills with similar mechanics to leap slam are affected by this issue as well.
I would assume that I am not the only one who seems to be lagging behind when using this as a movement skill.
Constantly dying when the Leap fails to register with the game server, causing me to be placed back where I previous leaped from. Which is usually surrounded by enemies once I am ported back. Causing Death.
From what i saw of other people playing lower level melee builds i really feel leap slam is very overpowered. Not only does it have high damage, aoe and stun. it also it is a very fast way to travel with high attack speed. this makes people jump arround like grasshoppers. It gives even additional defense due to the fast movement.
My suggestion would be to add after the jump a recovery time. And attackspeed should just apply to the recovery time whereas the jump
duration is fixed.
what do you think?
"
what do you think?

one of the brillant aspects of poe is it's vast variety in builds. there are twitchy players who love to jump around like crazy and be fast with it, so why take this away? unless you asume it is overpowered, wich i don't think it is.
in hardcore you will fail miserably by jumping around like a grasshopper. and in default there shouldn't be boundaries on how people like their builds to be.

leap slam is this case imho: don't nerf it, instead give more possibilities for non-leap slam users to improve their movement.

my 5 cents
leap slam + melee dmg on full hp. When dmg is calculated? If you initiate with full hp and in mid air get hurt on landing you dmg will be lower then before?
Hm, i just think leap slam needs a maximum attack speed. Its even very unrealistic that you change gravity with attack speed :P.
Maybe a better solution would be to make the time from jump to land fixed and the max air travel speed and though the max distance dependent on movement speed.
This would give movement speed an other interesting use and would be more realistic and it would lift the usability of cleave and heavystrike a bit snce they would scale better with attack speed in comparison.
Additionally i think it should not be possible to escape from bear traps with leapslam which is, at the moment. I feel lightning warp should
be the only ability which can do that.

I think it was previously mentioned that for short range the airtime is too big compared to long range. But i think it would be weird to make the short range airtime different compared to long range since normally a human can jump higher on short range...
Last edited by randi on Feb 3, 2013, 9:46:00 PM
If you get knocked back during leap slam, the AoE effect still hits where you originally selected it.
Noticed it in Act 2, on the way to the pyramid.
"
randi wrote:
From what i saw of other people playing lower level melee builds i really feel leap slam is very overpowered. Not only does it have high damage, aoe and stun. it also it is a very fast way to travel with high attack speed. this makes people jump arround like grasshoppers. It gives even additional defense due to the fast movement.
My suggestion would be to add after the jump a recovery time. And attackspeed should just apply to the recovery time whereas the jump
duration is fixed.
what do you think?

My leap slam is very slow, maybe because I have a very slow attack speed. The far worse thing is the incredible lag spike I often get with this skill, somehow the game lags more with Leap Slam than with other Skills I've tested. So it feels no way overpowered in my case. I also dies some times because the enemies are not reacting when jump in but all of them hit me when I've already jumped out and no enemy was actualy there.
VERY dangerous skill imho, GGG really should take care of these lags of death. Leap Slam is nice and you can move fast through the levels even without faster movement wich I don't have. But as long as the game lags that much when using Leap Slam, we should not talk about nerfing but about optimizing and improving the skill. Controlling it is pretty hard and due the lags your chara often doe weird things (walk instead of jump or attack instead of jump or vice versa...)
Yep, this ability doesn't trigger or work properly atleast half the time. It has resulted in me dying countless times because it simply won't trigger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info