Leap Slam

Don't know if this is off topic or already mentioned but I found out about a bug using Leap Slam.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/132602
"
Androme wrote:
Yep, this ability doesn't trigger or work properly atleast half the time. It has resulted in me dying countless times because it simply won't trigger.

I noticed that there is a certain click radius for triggering the ability. If you click outside of that radius, your character will attempt to walk within range of the jump radius before using the ability. Since I am playing on widescreen 1920x1080, this has happened to me a couple times. I will get surrounded, try to leap out, but target too far away, so my character will attempt (in vain) to walk closer to the target, and I die.

Having a max radius for the leap is perfectly reasonable, but I think that instead of trying to walk closer, it should just assume I want the maximum radius and do the leap, thus preventing the deaths above (and maybe some of the others in this thread).

EDIT: Also, this has probably been mentioned, but I can leap through doors (Crematorium Level 2).
Last edited by Reikobi on Feb 26, 2013, 5:17:21 PM
"
Reikobi wrote:
Having a max radius for the leap is perfectly reasonable, but I think that instead of trying to walk closer, it should just assume I want the maximum radius and do the leap, thus preventing the deaths above (and maybe some of the others in this thread).
The base case of clicking to target this (or any other) skill at a location is to say you want to target the skill on that location. If you explicitly don't want to move to get into range to do that, you can hold shift, which does exactly that. But being able to target a leap to go to a specific location is important, and the base case should remain that you leap to the location you target, moving into range to do so if you have to.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Reikobi wrote:
The base case of clicking to target this (or any other) skill at a location is to say you want to target the skill on that location. If you explicitly don't want to move to get into range to do that, you can hold shift, which does exactly that. But being able to target a leap to go to a specific location is important, and the base case should remain that you leap to the location you target, moving into range to do so if you have to.
Leap slamming to a specific location is important for players with a slow attack speed, but for fast players it's much better to leap slam at all than to walk.

IMO it would be better if you could toggle this functionality.
Last edited by Strill on Feb 26, 2013, 9:16:13 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Reikobi wrote:

Thanks for the reply! I didn't know about the shift option, but if I knew the maximum range was the issue to begin with, I would've simply clicked somewhere within range to escape. I guess it's just alarming the first time it happens and you don't realize why the skill didn't activate.

I can see why it would be important for some/most skills to work this way, but for this particular skill I still feel it's somewhat inconvenient and unintuitive, especially since I know I'm not the only one who wants to use the skill to escape a sticky situation.
Last edited by Reikobi on Feb 26, 2013, 9:21:53 PM
I wonder why during Leaps Slam DW marauder hits only with main hand weapon... why not both.. imagine a hulk of a man jumping in the air and slamming the ground.. both hands in my opinion... any thoughts?
IGN: Seze
One thing I don't understand is how this skill can do so much damage in a 360-degree area when Sweep isn't even 360-degree and would make more sense if it were.

It's just my opinion, but I would see Leap Slam doing cone damage more like Ground Slam. I feel Leap Slam is too powerful with its 360-degree hit. It already allows you to jump up/down ledges and over obstacles, which is more than just gravy.
Sweep does hit a 360-degree radius. Has done so for an age now.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Ok, good to know. Guess I missed the patch note on that one.

Anyway, I still think Leap Slam does too much damage for a 360-degree attack with such utility and survivability attached to it. Like I said, just sharing my opinion.
"
Arkatar wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Ok, good to know. Guess I missed the patch note on that one.

Anyway, I still think Leap Slam does too much damage for a 360-degree attack with such utility and survivability attached to it. Like I said, just sharing my opinion.

Leap Slam also has a base speed of 1.4 which is barely over 0.7 attacks per second. It is the slowest attack in the game and does more damage to compensate.
If your weapon has a decent attack speed, Sweep will measure far higher DPS than Leap Slam. If your weapon is slow as hell anyway, Leap Slam will be a little more comparable.
IGN: CouthlessChills, CouthImpaired, NoCouth or CouthOblivious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info