Leap Slam

Is this skill with faster attacks meant to be faster movement speed than phase run?
Don't like how it defaults to a normal attack when I click an out of bounds area. A flaw it shares with Whirling Blades.

There is never a time that I'll want to use a normal attack when activating either of these skills.
How does leap slam works with dual wielding? One weapon at time or both?
Last edited by kadrek91 on Dec 2, 2012, 8:49:43 AM
"
kadrek91 wrote:
alternates weapons
I've been using this with Dawnbreak to move around faster, however, sometimes when I make a couple leaps in a row I get a desynch and after the jumping is done it shows the animation of me leaping from start location to end location in one leap, crossing like 3 screens, then it usually rubber-bands me back to the starting spot.
I find it silly that melee attacks can hit you when you are in leaping animation. While leaping the player should be immune to hit, at least for melee attacks.

Rhoas can actually stampedo you down while you're leaping toward them... :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
You can also kill a Goatman leaping at you with Leap Slam during HIS Leap Slam. How's that for strange :P

The Leap isn't particularly high, so it's not that odd for a monster with a sword or whatever to hit you during the execution thematically. At best, ground effects such as Ground Slam would miss, but making exceptions specifically for 'low' attacks is probably a little excessively detailed, not to mention confusing (where is the line drawn? At what point in the animation are you immune?).

With good IAS bonuses, simply using Leap Slam already allows you to avoid many hits. Combined with a source of Slow (Temporal Chains lol) you're practically immune to Melee. By the time they swung their arms about, you're two Leaps further.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
You can also kill a Goatman leaping at you with Leap Slam during HIS Leap Slam. How's that for strange :P

The Leap isn't particularly high, so it's not that odd for a monster with a sword or whatever to hit you during the execution thematically. At best, ground effects such as Ground Slam would miss, but making exceptions specifically for 'low' attacks is probably a little excessively detailed, not to mention confusing (where is the line drawn? At what point in the animation are you immune?).

With good IAS bonuses, simply using Leap Slam already allows you to avoid many hits. Combined with a source of Slow (Temporal Chains lol) you're practically immune to Melee. By the time they swung their arms about, you're two Leaps further.

Or even better, use Leapslam with some nice added Stun, like the support gem, quality leapslam, bonus from belt and Mace, or skills from the Skilldrasil and all monsters simply stand and stare at your awesomeness.. :P

Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Leap Slam works through closed doors. I think it's a bug.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
kadrek91 wrote:
alternates weapons

It says "main hand" on the gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info