Infernal Blow

"
Nallenbot wrote:
I am trying to work out how this gem works with Life Leech:
-The description states the skill has a 'base duration'. Does this imply that all of the initial AoE damage is DoT and thus doesn't work with LL?
-Does the explosion damage, which appears to be applied instantly, work with LL?

Thanks

the duration is the time span the foe will explode if dies. such as in team play or when you have minions or Damage over time effects already on foe.
don't think i'm able to answer life leech question, i can only guess as you have that the explosion doesn't grant leech. but it is NOT a DoT so it might work.
I assume this skill won't explode an enemy you kill if they were frozen and shatter when they die right? Might be a nice buff for it compared to Detonate Dead, let it thaw the enemy it kills so it can always explode them. Otherwise with how much cold damage people use it may get hard to use the cool, fun part of the skill.

Or maybe I'm wrong and it always explodes, unlike Detonate Dead as that requires a corpse on the ground to target in the first place.
So I've been skimming through the pages and still don't have a clear answer on if Concentrated Effect affects the explosion damage for Infernal Blow, I've read people say it doesn't and other people saying that it does. Need an answer please before I GCP my Infernal Blow + Concentrated Effect.

Explosion damage for Infernal Blow is 20%

If I gem in Lvl 1 Concentrated Effect which is 50% more area damage.

Will it add 50% to 20% making the explosion damage do 30%?

infernal blow has plain damage effectiveness, meaning the fire on hit and even the explosion is boosted by 25% multiplier. so 20% *1.25 =25%
yes the explosion is AoE and benefits from con effect. so 25% *1.5 =37.5%
May I ask a question related to the infernal blow...

I have a Infernal blow gem with 18% quality. What should I expect to get for it if I sell it for a fair price?

Thanks in advance!

/T
IGN: Azatooth or Xploding
Infernal blow is my main attack since im lvl ~10. Now im level 64 and still using it in merciless act 3. I tried lightning strike and cleave but IB works much better for me with 1h/shield.
"
Repeats wrote:
Turn Infernal Blow into a melee support gem.

I agree. Infernal Blow, Glacial Hammer, Dominating Blow and Puncture would make better support gems than skill gems.
I use infernal blow as my main attack because it offers that great melee aoe attack to finish off those that get softened by molten shell. There's one thing that I keep finding myself wishing for is that the explosion would "chain react", as in, any enemy that gets killed by a detonating enemy, they themselves detonate. If anyone has played Fallout:New Vegas and used the "Meltdown" perk you'll know what I'm talking about.

Now I'm not saying "this should happen"...just something I be thinking about while exploding mobs.

So, the gem says that it's crit chance is 7%, but when I check it on my character description it has the same crit rate as my basic melee attack, 5%.

Bug?
Attacks take your weapon's Crit chance. Spells and other non-Weapon damage skills have their Crit chance listed on the gem.
The character sheet lists the Infernal Blow attack damage (and thus Crit chance, based on your weapon). The explosion, which currently cannot be listed in the Charsheet, takes the 7% Crit chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info