Infernal Blow

"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Thats intended behavior.
Left mouse is move/interact, all other buttons are just interact.
It allows spellcasters and ranged characters to attack in a direction without holding shift.

Oki but is it the same with melee weapons ? If yes than ok but if not than why is it like that while unarmed.
sorry if this was answered already, if I had say +3-40 lightning damage on my gloves would that effect the explosion or just the attack itself?

Might be a silly question but the PoE wiki states that the explosion damage is "modified by elemental and fire damage passives and item mods", so I'm looking for some clarification.
Last edited by TeeloBrown on Nov 26, 2012, 11:37:07 PM
The explosion is not a weapon attack, so I highly doubt it.
What the wiki likely means is that +% fire damage will affect the explosion.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
I'm 23% on me way through getting to level 28 and my infernal i got from act 1 quest has leveled before I reach 28. Just made a report on my weps ele dmg one doing same thing last level
would fire penetration affect the explosion part of this skill?
I think it should.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Tested Infernal Blow on a lvl 61 witch with a crit build. The plan was to stack a bunch of crit, link IB to EProliferation and on crit set the whole room on fire for burn damage far in excess of 100% of the corpses HP.

Pros: On crit, the plan works.

Cons: just didn't crit enough to make up for crappy radius and low single target DPS. With the crit I had the explosion should have been critting at around 30% with its 7% base crit (though this is stated nowhere in the character panel).

Oh, and waiting 4 seconds for things to burn to death is a surprisingly long time in combat.

Maybe with a 6link it would work out, but not with the gear I have. 6link would help fix the issues with low explosion radius (the base radius is seriously terrible) and allow for a crit% support.

I'll test it more when I get onto a computer with decent framerate though, melee is hard to gauge on this crappy laptop :/
So what did you actually link?
Elemental proliferation and?
I think increased criticals?
You could also forsake crits for stronger base damage and a chance to ignite, will cause burn on groups even before the explosion.
Zaanus:

___
Link was IB + Wep Ele Dmg + Faster Attacks + Ele Prolif. I've found a STR/INT 5link though so I can probably get the RRBBG I want for the increased crit support (failed horribly to get it on an INT or INT/EV armor lol). Dropping either Wep Ele dmg or Faster Attacks on the 4l for Inc. Crits horribly horribly tanks the single target DPS (it was only 3k with them, and with this setup Cleave and Dualstrike run at about 9k).

I think increased crits would be better than chance to ignite with the crit I have.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Dec 7, 2012, 3:34:38 PM
I want to make a IB templar with Open Beta, using Elemental Prol., chance to ignite, the Wrath aura and combined with the 2 'chance to shock' passives (20%). The idea is to be able to do a lot of damage to a single target and still be a problem for a room full of mobs. A shocked burning group...
Is this a good idea or is it better to look further?

Edit: I see it is better to use Heavy Strike with an added fire damage support gem. The damage effectiveness is much higher.

(I also want to use 2 totems to support me. I'm thinking about spamming skeletons to be a distraction or a lightning spell to get the group shocked more easily. Or maybe some cold damage to make the elemental 3 complete...
And 2 curses (Conductivity and Flammability) to end the story. Is 3 possible with an unique item or is 2 the max?)

Last edited by Kwaak on Dec 9, 2012, 3:28:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info