Infernal Blow

So do i understand that correctly , explosion is neither attack nor spell so it only benefits from %fire dmg , %elemental dmg , aoe dmg. And crit chance for explosion is always 7% ? or it benefits from global crit chance ?

And another question about burning with IB.
In Mechanics Thread i read that burn dmg = 1/3 of the initial fire dmg dealt each second so 4/3 of the initial fire dmg in total.
Now my question is , lets say i have IB with Chance to ignite and Elemental Proliferation
i assume that i have 2 chances to ignite everything around me , first with IB hit and second with explosion.
So is the burn dmg the same for both situations ? or will it be 4/3 of the IB fire dmg when it triggers with a hit and 4/3 of fire dmg dealt with explosion when it triggers with an explosion ( meaning it will be 4/3 of 20% of killed monsters hp +any modifiers ofc).
And last question what happens if monster is already burning and he gets another burn for less dmg? does it overwrite or stack or just reset the duration on first burn ? If the burn from initial IB hit and from Explosion are 2 different burns and deal different dmg , what happens if i first trigger the hit burn and than the explosion burn ?
Last edited by Grzybas on Nov 13, 2012, 4:21:28 AM
I know I read that burning damage doesnt stack but you will eventually get all of the burning effects, its like life leech, once once burn finishes the next starts until its all done.

I am not sure if higher burns take priority though, it was a question I was thiking to my self earlier. It would be nice if it interrupted the lower damage burn and then the lower damage one finished the rest of the duration once it was done.

Got my answer in mechanics thread , you can check it too , highest burn takes priority
I am trying to determine whether Fire Penetration applies to the explosion. For some skills, secondary effects don't gain any effect from supports. Stryuk, can you comment on whether or not you believe fire pen works on the explosion, based on your testing? I only have a level 1 fire penetration gem to test with currently, and it seems difficult to tell the difference with/without that linked.

Also, by the way - so long as you have Flammability up, and Proliferation linked to IB - many explosions should cause an AoE burn. That's because the chance to ignite should get calculated on every single enemy it hits individually, not all at once. It goes like this. With chance to ignite, if an explosion hits 4 targets:

7% chance to crit.
Of the remaining 93% explosions which will be non-crit, you have
40% chance to ignite from support
13% chance to ignite from flammability
Per target, 53% chance of igniting. If even one target ignites, all targets within 12 yards will ignite.

Odds of getting an AoE burn =
(global crit chance) + (1 - global crit chance)*[ 1 - (1 - total chance to ignite)^(# of targets) ]

If it's 3 targets in your area of effect, 90% odds of causing an AoE burn.
2 targets, 79%
1 target, 56%

Hope it helps.
But from your testing does it seem like chance to ignite / penetration apply to the explosion? Please let me know.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Nov 15, 2012, 4:52:18 PM
Anyone try this with a Shadow crit build?

There are two ways to achieve consistent group 1-shots with this: increases to fire/element damage and stacked burn chance, or stacked crit, which automatically gives you the burn.

Going for both will give you a better chance of a one-shot, I suppose, but takes a hell of a lot of points.

With the crit setup you can achieve in excess of 50% crit* on the explosion after passives, support and gear. You need 43% of mob HP on the explosion crit to one shot everything after the burn, and at base a crit gives you 30%, so you just need a bit of crit damage and/or elemental damage somewhere to get comfortably over that threshold (for example, say 50% crit damage from a neck and 70% CrD from that one circle between witch and shadow gives you 330% crit mult, putting a crit explosion at 154% mob HP after burn damage)

Zak's point about chaining ignites and thus a massively increased ignite chance in a crowd is really interesting though. With all the burn passives, you only have to reach 30% of HP on the explosion, which is a trivial 50% increased element/fire/aoe damage (or only 42% of HP on explosion to kill everything with ONLY the burn) So that's probably the best way to do it, requiring far fewer points than the crit stacking method.

*With power charges anyways, lol. Without power charges you're reasonably looking at about 45%
Last edited by aimlessgun on Nov 18, 2012, 6:47:24 AM
Dunno if its a bug or just some settings that can be changed .
I'm using facebreaker and when i have IB on left mouse button i can hold it and run around and when i click on some spot my character runs to it and when i click on enemy it will run to it and punch it - but when i have IB on my right mouse button whenever i click on some spot my character will run there and perform a punch - had to switch IB to lmb cause on rmb whenever i missclicked on monster i would run to the monster and punch next to him wasting time/mana/geting hit meanwhile etc.
So, you're saying if you target a monster with rmb, the character would move there and perform the skill on the place the monster was?

Interesting; I suppose that's a bug.
I rarely have it with EK that the char doesn't shoot, but instead moved there and then shoots, in the right direction, but obviously wrong place and time.
But I can't actually reproduce it.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
no i think he means that if right click skill use, it'll activate on the spot he clicked instead of a monster, but if left mouse button version of using the skill doesn't activate on clicked spot unless there was a monster (which sounds a LOT more normal/proper to me).
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
no i think he means that if right click skill use, it'll activate on the spot he clicked instead of a monster, but if left mouse button version of using the skill doesn't activate on clicked spot unless there was a monster (which sounds a LOT more normal/proper to me).

Exacly - if you right click on the spot or just next to monster (missclick) you run there and punch the air. so the left click works exactly like with any weapon - you click on spot you run there , you click on monster you run to him and punch/hit him - right click ,click on spot= you run there and punch air, click on monster = run there and punch him
Last edited by Grzybas on Nov 19, 2012, 9:16:15 AM
Thats intended behavior.
Left mouse is move/interact, all other buttons are just interact.
It allows spellcasters and ranged characters to attack in a direction without holding shift.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info