GGG input and communication

"
ddub3987 wrote:
I think the ability to party up in sarn arena would be nice.

No, I like to backstab my teammates :D
IGN: DullahanTheHeadless
"
"
ddub3987 wrote:
I think the ability to party up in sarn arena would be nice.

No, I like to backstab my teammates :D

Trust me, he does -_-
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
Rhys wrote:
"
2v2 queue needs to be a thing.

How much demand is there for this? I'm not opposed to the idea, just curious if it would be used much since it would be competing with 3v3.

a 2v2 mode would be awesome, you dont always have enough players to 3v3 with and playing with randoms are either 1) Impossible, cant find any 2) Boring, they are just there to fuck you up
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Rhys on Jun 30, 2014, 12:16:24 AM
Rhys etal.,

not exactly your department maybe, but this forum for pvp needs a face lift. top sticky is apparently how to submit a complaint or something, nov 2012, and no other welcome. no ggg approved list of guides, resources, etc., like the many of the other forum sections now have.

three hours into wondering "whats the deal with pvp" i realize i have to go to poearena.com and do my reading there, and that if noobs post "how do i build for pvp" in this section, they get slammed or ignored (started by searching "pvp builds"). reading discussions to see whats up, much of it is arguing and complaint. harder to learn whats gunna work or how to get involved than it is in the racing section, where at least there is less trolling, so its a much more pleasant read while trying to discern entry level information.

i suggest a welcome to pvp type sticky, which includes some decent resources, guides and whatever else the community has put together that would be helpful to both new and veteran players. a condensed guild for pvp builds in general would also be helpful, instead of having to sort through builds by each character type, which is what im apparently doing next.

first visit to this forum section and my feed back is: not very friendly, not accessible, hard to find info of value. 3 hours later and i still dont have a clue where to start or if its worth the effort.

that is all.
I am the stone that the builder refused.
~~~~~

"
LonePuppet wrote:
Rhys etal.,

not exactly your department maybe, but this forum for pvp needs a face lift. top sticky is apparently how to submit a complaint or something, nov 2012, and no other welcome. no ggg approved list of guides, resources, etc., like the many of the other forum sections now have.

three hours into wondering "whats the deal with pvp" i realize i have to go to poearena.com and do my reading there, and that if noobs post "how do i build for pvp" in this section, they get slammed or ignored (started by searching "pvp builds"). reading discussions to see whats up, much of it is arguing and complaint. harder to learn whats gunna work or how to get involved than it is in the racing section, where at least there is less trolling, so its a much more pleasant read while trying to discern entry level information.

i suggest a welcome to pvp type sticky, which includes some decent resources, guides and whatever else the community has put together that would be helpful to both new and veteran players. a condensed guild for pvp builds in general would also be helpful, instead of having to sort through builds by each character type, which is what im apparently doing next.

first visit to this forum section and my feed back is: not very friendly, not accessible, hard to find info of value. 3 hours later and i still dont have a clue where to start or if its worth the effort.

that is all.

although I do understand some of your frustrations man this http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/951244 is at the front page of pvp feedback and only like 9 posts down. Some of this shit takes quite a bit of searching to find. No one slams people in this section for lack of knowledge from what I have seen. We do slam people who are too outspoken about things they dont have enough experience to speak about, but I dont remember that happening to you ; )
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"

although I do understand some of your frustrations man this http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/951244 is at the front page of pvp feedback and only like 9 posts down. Some of this shit takes quite a bit of searching to find. No one slams people in this section for lack of knowledge from what I have seen. We do slam people who are too outspoken about things they dont have enough experience to speak about, but I dont remember that happening to you ; )

Hey GrindcoreTHRALL,

ya, i checked that thread and the few LLD builds at poearena.com. looks like a pretty new site and fairly sparse still. there is much that remains unanswered. i dont expect my answers here, as that is not the topic of this thread (tho i am happy to type a list of noopid questions if someone wants to put it to good use).

my comments are really directed at GGG's value of "new user experience" as discussed in the Development Manifesto. and i think the pvp forum could benefit from some attention in this regard. whatever door i came through to start reading here, it wasn't inviting. (in one "pvp build" thread, and they are all very short cuz few respond and fewer are helpful tho i only read 5 cuz they're all basically the same lack of info, one dude says -go do your own homework, we arent going to do it for you- omg! op just wanted some direction, is it like top secret build land or what!) all to say, racing has a list of mods that is old but is helpful, maps have an incredible resource someone put together, etc. its a really different feel in those parts of the forums, so perhaps GGG can lay down a little fertilizer here as well. make it a bit more inviting, easier to get a clue, more welcoming. might help. im sure there are some great peeps here, and i've read a few interesting discussions so far, but still, my first impressions are my first impressions, i doubt im the first to have the experience of finding lots of bickering, QQ, ppl telling ppl to stop QQ, and much less useful information than i'd expect.

this seemed like the thread where naming it might actually be of value :)

and it seems like pretty low hanging fruit as far as new user experience and getting more players involved in pvp are concerned ... make a basic intro that links to more in-depth threads or sites if they exist so that we can find our way in.
I am the stone that the builder refused.
~~~~~

Last edited by LonePuppet on Jul 3, 2014, 3:32:00 AM
"
LonePuppet wrote:
"

Hey GrindcoreTHRALL,

ya, i checked that thread and the few LLD builds at poearena.com. looks like a pretty new site and fairly sparse still. there is much that remains unanswered. i dont expect my answers here, as that is not the topic of this thread (tho i am happy to type a list of noopid questions if someone wants to put it to good use).

my comments are really directed at GGG's value of "new user experience" as discussed in the Development Manifesto. and i think the pvp forum could benefit from some attention in this regard. whatever door i came through to start reading here, it wasn't inviting. (in one "pvp build" thread, and they are all very short cuz few respond and fewer are helpful tho i only read 5 cuz they're all basically the same lack of info, one dude says -go do your own homework, we arent going to do it for you- omg! op just wanted some direction, is it like top secret build land or what!) all to say, racing has a list of mods that is old but is helpful, maps have an incredible resource someone put together, etc. its a really different feel in those parts of the forums, so perhaps GGG can lay down a little fertilizer here as well. make it a bit more inviting, easier to get a clue, more welcoming. might help. im sure there are some great peeps here, and i've read a few interesting discussions so far, but still, my first impressions are my first impressions, i doubt im the first to have the experience of finding lots of bickering, QQ, ppl telling ppl to stop QQ, and much less useful information than i'd expect.

this seemed like the thread where naming it might actually be of value :)

and it seems like pretty low hanging fruit as far as new user experience and getting more players involved in pvp are concerned ... make a basic intro that links to more in-depth threads or sites if they exist so that we can find our way in.

Definitely a fair assessment of pvp feedback. Check out my twitch highlights to see some cool builds in the current poearena.com tourney. There is a huge diversity in this seasons competitive pooling. Twitch.tv/grindcorethrall and look at highlights
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info