GGG input and communication

Here are two innovative methods that I brainstormed which would make it so they’re balanced for PVM and PVP.

1. Resolute Technique
Current: Your hits can’t be evaded. Never deal critical strikes.
Reform: Chance to ignore target’s evasion rating.
The x% chance to ignore x% of the defender’s evasion rating would be different against each type of defender (example rare, boss, and player).

2. The hard cap on the attacker’s x% chance to hit would be different against each type of defender.
The attacker’s chance to hit wouldn’t go any lower if the defender’s evasion rating greatly out ways the attacker’s accuracy rating which would be different against each type of defender.

There’s still more that I’m brainstorming which may help attract new players, maintain current and new player’s interest longer, and support G3.
"
Deathwish64 wrote:
1. Resolute Technique
Current: Your hits can’t be evaded. Never deal critical strikes.
Reform: Chance to ignore target’s evasion rating.
The x% chance to ignore x% of the defender’s evasion rating would be different against each type of defender (example rare, boss, and player).

I actually REALLY like that RT reform. Absolutes in any game that needs balance are nightmares.

There's also a huge problem with the interaction of chaos damage and ES. That's a huge one. Hard counters are stupid if you're balancing for 1v1s. Poison arrow sucks vs chaos resists at the moment but it still wrecks low life users so hard. But I haven't seen a good ES/Life hybrid quite yet. Maybe buff Solaris Lorica? Seriously, its such a shitty item because you're losing half your ES to use it. The chaos damage not bypassing ES doesn't really make a difference by that point. 40 ES on the thing would be a great change IMO. Maybe even just 30.
Last edited by AleronDescends on Jun 26, 2014, 12:44:16 PM
"
2v2 queue needs to be a thing.

How much demand is there for this? I'm not opposed to the idea, just curious if it would be used much since it would be competing with 3v3.

"
Spectator is definitely the first thing that needs to be addressed.

Regarding a proper "spectator mode", whereby one client is not participating - just watching, and perhaps streaming - I have a few ideas about how to implement this, but it would be a lot of work. I am keen to see this happen, though, eventually.

The current "spectate on death" feature is a bit of a hack, but I should be able to at least fix the "invisible objects" bug.

"
Flasks Not Refilling when challenging within an arena needs to be fixed.

Thanks to the recent "duel" feature, you can now enter PvP from outside of town - which means your flasks aren't automatically filled. I've made a fix for this for 1.2.0. (Flasks will be filled upon entering any PvP area).

"
Fix the gateway queue issues.

Do you mean having to be in the same instance to join the same PvP queue? I don't know about this one. I'd need to get our lead programmer to look into it, and he's always very busy with more important stuff...

"
Add a tool tip for loading screens talking about arena mode pvp not sending players to default league.

Great idea. I'll get this in. (not sure which patch)

"
Fix Conversion, bleed, and curse continuation from death to a new life in CTF mode

Damn, this is happening again? I swear I've fixed this like three times already... but yeah, I'll take a look at it.
Code warrior
Also, you should remove this from our profile page:

"
PvP tournaments start soon!

It's embarrassing at this point, and, frankly, annoying.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95(retired?) 92(BPL) 97(GSF)
Cross League Challenges Rhys! I think everyone agrees this would be a great addition! Meaning my party in HC can challenge a party in SC. Thank you!
"
Lordsidro wrote:
Cross League Challenges Rhys! I think everyone agrees this would be a great addition! Meaning my party in HC can challenge a party in SC. Thank you!

Agreed with the above! An FFA queue that leagues could access would be pretty sick too.

One More very important aspect for pvp that needs implemented would be a Pure PvP dps tool tip since their are separate DPS equations from PvE and PvP. Please GH is so troubled in this manner.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Jun 27, 2014, 2:17:14 AM
"
MrEnzyme wrote:
Really, none of the flaws matter except for the gear barrier thing. There's maybe 5 people in Standard with good enough gear to even play pvp; everyone else gets stomped regardless of skill level because the quality of their gear isn't high enough, and the situation seems exactly the same on hardcore. If someone wants to get into PvP right now, it's actually impossible for them to play. They have to spend months doing something else (grinding for items) before they even get to try out the real PvP.

If people want PvP to grow, the gear barrier needs to be removed or marginalized. Fixing all of the other stuff doesn't matter if there's only like 5 people that even have the gear to play.

They could put a pvp rating system in which players will have points. Points are added to you when you win and loose some if you lose. You cant pvp or have penalty duelling low rated characters. This is if they develop pvp into something worthwhile (rewards? Pvp exclusive gear perhaps, acgievements)
"
Lordsidro wrote:

Conceptually simple (but probably not easy lol) way to boost PvP activity/participation
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

And same class tourneys, to see the best in their class if youre talking balance.
I think the ability to party up in sarn arena would be nice.
Dublicious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info