[3.1] JUGGERNAUT/BERSERKER 1H+Shield Max Block&Spell Block Tank, Atziri Killer+a BoR version

"
Harest wrote:
I'll try to clarify a bit more about leech, despite i thought my pevious message was clear enough ^^.
Main concepts :
  • Base leech cap is 2% of your damages / target / second. On a boss, you'll never get more than 2% of your damages leeched as a base. This leech rate can be increased with the stat "+X% increased life leeched per second". This way, if you've a leech rate above 2%, it'll work if you have enough of this stat. For instance with +50% life leeched per second you can leech up to 3% / target / second.
  • Base maximum life leeched per second is 20% of your maximum HP. It can also be increased, here with the stat "+X% of maximum Life per second to maximum Life Leech rate". I don't think i need to explain more this one since it's quite easy to understand.

You were asking if nodes were worth to take, i guess it depends on you. Taking Hematophagy (3 points) may be interesting that way you'll have your leech even on hexproof mobs (if you were running with Warlord's Mark, i'm with Hatred + Herald of Ash atm). In the current tree, we already have some leech with Bloody Bludgeon (0.4%). While it's not that much, depending on your damages it may be enough. Atm i still have the trashy Wurm's Molt giving me 0.4% life / mana leech.

About the life nodes, indeed the life in the scion part are better but i see in your stats you're missing 2 endurance charges which are quite important. There isn't much room to modify the tree in the guide imo. I took the additional 5% AoE radius, maybe the 4% life + armour can be nice too.

About the flat physical damages, it boosts quite a bit your damages. That's (mainly? nerfed in 2.0 unfortunately) why the Meginord's Birdle belt is recommended. About elemental damages w/ weapons i did a typo, obviously it was "mainly if you go", not "don't go". I had Earthquake in mind for instead where you don't really want to go with elemental damages since it doesn't convert at least 50% of your physical damages to another element. You sure have added fire, hatred and herald of ash eventually. But not sure it'd be worth in that case.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the feedback once again
You can look once again at my tree now,i made changed with endurance charges, life nodes near scion part and someothers. tooked leech nodes-many

Tell me if i am right - ex. 5% life is reffering to my base max life without about boost options?
like my max HP is 1k and then i add +5% and +5% again so it would be 1k base + 50? and then once again + 50? Or 1k + 50 + 52,5?

If first one, then we all should target gear with maxed +maximum life nodes right? that way we will burst our base HP and all other %bonuses will get better effect. Correct?

Lets back to my character theme once again, I know that my armor deal damage to me, and since my chaos res now went down, my HP lowering after fight for some time if leech is out.

Im planning to get belly of the beast armour with 40% bonus to HP. But to make it happed i had to lower my chaos golem since intelligent cost. and i need to waste some nodes for dexterity and intelligence - my armor atm gave me +47 to all stats. Heading north for chaos res + 4% hp will give me back that intelligence, +30 dex will be required or lowering some gems for sure - but i didnt do the math yet.

Thats my new stats. Max HP went up like 80 points only,
mainly life leech went up of 3% and my restistances are near 65% without any endurance charges.
near 70k dmg with concentrated effect and over 40k with increased area of damage, now is the question should i use like purity of elements to get more resistances? There are many situation where i didnt gain endurance for blocking and im weak for elements? or should i use warlord's mark to get those endurance more often?

My main goal now is to reach as much HP as i can. I bet only just by end game gear?

cheers, mikas - waiting for an response from You :)

Last edited by mikpez on Dec 19, 2016, 4:01:54 PM
@GamingDaemon : I don't really know what to say, the answers are in the guide. At first if you don't have a 6l, you switch inc aoe (trashs) / conc effect (bosses). Weapon Elemental Damage is mainly for any skill with a physical damages conversion to another element like Ice Crash, Infernal Blow, etc. Even if with Hatred + Herald of Ash + Added fire, i guess it's relatively decent ? Probably still worse than having Inc Aoe + Conc Effect at the same time on a 6l.
For your fortify, you can use shield charge instead of leap slam. Way faster. I still have leap slam on the secondary weapon in case i want to bypass some cliff.

@Mikpez : About life, that's the first one indeed. You basically have a base life which includes your flat life (mostly on your gear) and all the +% to maximum life apply to your base life, so your maximum life becomes your base life multiplied by 1 + the % maximum life you've in your tree and on your stuff eventually. That's why Kaom's heart is the armour that'll give you the most hp, but at a certain cost that we can't afford in this build for obvious reasons.
So that's why for the bandits you'll always help Oak if you're life based (+40 flat life).

I finally decided to spend some currencies in this Breach league and bought items costing more than 2 or 3c for the first time o/. Took a Belly of the Beast 5l, my Aegis Aurora also and some rings to get my res hard capped at 169% (except chaos obviously), get the leech and the dex / int required. And i indeed also decided to lower my chaos golem to level 12 (125 int req, still get the 4% phys dmg reduction).

About Reckoning, it seems to do well on a 4l with melee phys dmg and inc aoe so you hit harder to reach the stun and hit more targets with inc aoe so more potentiel endurance charges at each block (it only works on trash mobs obviously). I didn't see first you were Berserker. This means you've all the leech you need most of the time except for bosses without trash mobs i guess since the 2% is an on kill effect. With this i'm not sure taking so much leech in the tree is needed, you're wasting points here imo. Anyway Warlord's Mark here would be even more of a waste. Enduring cry would probably be your best bet if you don't have enough with Reckoning as a Berserker ?
About resistances, it's all about your stuff. Most of my resistances atm come from 4 items (helmet, belt and the 2 rings) since everything else are uniques without much resistances.
In the guide, we get 18% to all resistances. And we can add 30% (10% Aegis Aurora, 20% from Rainbowstride). You want to reach 169% to keep your res capped with a high tier map mod Elemental Weakness, so 121% elemental resistances are needed (well we also have 8% fire res in the tree). I guess if you struggle you can temporarily use Purity of Elements instead of herald of Ash for instance. But if you've a Death's Oath 6l i guess you can afford the right stuff with res :p. And for max hp, you're right, that's where you are looking for very good gear. Quite expensive, except if you're lucky enough to loot them. Especially in this build where so many slots are taken by uniques without hp and low resistances.

Anyway, you've some very good damages it seems. Looking at your tree you should really take Catalyse and Amplify nodes.

I'm lvl 87 atm (Juggernaut), survivability still feels incredibly satisfying, but i think my damages are far too low with Earthquake. Playing with Hatred and Herald of Ash. My tooltip is at 10k (15k with conc effect for bosses). I don't want to try Breachlords domains with him due to this. I don't think i'll do it.
I mean it's still decent for clearing maps so far (well i didn't start red maps yet, i'm mainly on tiers 7 to 10) at a relatively decent speed. But when i see how long it takes to kill rares in breaches, i guess it's not good enough. Especially when you consider in domains mobs have +125% more health (the Chayula one is +225% i believe). That's what i expected when i had the opposite issue with my Blade Flurry assassin where his survivability was shit and damages were really good. With some consequent leech i guess his survivability would have been quite better.
Last edited by Harest on Dec 19, 2016, 8:40:30 PM
Hello! Awesome build! I got so much tankier after getting the shield!.
If its not too much, may i request something like an end game set that I could aim for? Something really expensive. I found the survivability to be good enough but it would be nice to have an idea of sorts to aim for.
"
About Reckoning, it seems to do well on a 4l with melee phys dmg and inc aoe so you hit harder to reach the stun and hit more targets with inc aoe so more potentiel endurance charges at each block (it only works on trash mobs obviously). I didn't see first you were Berserker. This means you've all the leech you need most of the time except for bosses without trash mobs i guess since the 2% is an on kill effect. With this i'm not sure taking so much leech in the tree is needed, you're wasting points here imo. Anyway Warlord's Mark here would be even more of a waste.

I will try that Reckoning settings as u mentioned - will update feedback after all

Atm, Im clearing maps till tier 12 without any bigger problems - there are deadly situations ofcourse :)

But the problem is with bosses - that's why i though about changes in passive tree etc.

"
Enduring cry would probably be your best bet if you don't have enough with Reckoning as a Berserker ?

You mean as producing endurance charges from nearby enemies? Ive never seen any produced yet - maybe i wasnt focused so much or there was not 100 enemies around me :)

So coming back to life leech theme - You bet its a little waste of points to add so many leech nodes when trash mobs are around. But those many nodes will work better or alone bosses?

What i mentioned is the Reckoning setup in the guide :p.

Enduring Cry is a warcry you've to manually cast. I saw you had it equipped. It always grant you at least 1 endurance charge, and with a gem lvl 16+ you'll get 1 charge every ~3 nearby ennemies.

About life leech for your main character atm you have :
  • On you stuff : 0.75 phys dmg leeched as life, and 0.2% elemental damage leeched as life.
  • Ascendancy : 1% dmg leeched as life and additional 2% if you killed recently.
  • Tree : 3.8% phys dmg leeched as life, +86% increased Life Leeched per second and +8% of maximum Life per second to maximum Life Leech rate so you can regen 3.72% of your maximum hp / target / second to a maximum of 28% of your maximum hp / second.

From your Ice Crash tooltip (not quite accurate but good enough for this skill i think) you have 7 012 phys dps and 36 842 elmental dps, 43 854 total (the tooltip has 70 more, i rounded values).
I see you had a little less than 5k, let's say you have 6k hp. Max leech / second is 1 680, and per instance : 223.
With only the 1% Damage Leeched as Life from Pain Reaver (Ascendancy), you can get up to 438 hp / target / second. So only with this, you're already overcapped. Even with a mob having 50% resistances, you reach 219 life leeched which is only 4 hp less than your max hp rate / instance (= by target and per second).
Without all these nodes (6) in the tree you'd be with 5k hp (to be more accurate with your current character) at 1 000 hp / sec max, and 100 hp / instance. So it's still nice on random mobs (which is basically the purpose of leech without instant leech like vaal pact), and +/- no use on bosses.

Btw, i may have been misleading at first about leech with the base rate / instance. It's 2% of your maximum hp / target / second, not 2% of your damages. Considering the maximum rate / second is 20% of your max hp it may have been obvious but i clarify in case it was necessary.

Edit @ComradeSerge (Below) : No problem ;). I'm not an expert but when i think i can help, i try.
Last edited by Harest on Dec 21, 2016, 4:54:40 PM
Thanks for trying to help others out, I can't always keep track of everything and reply to each post.
1H+Shield High Block&Spell Block Tank: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995
Ice Crash Crit Staff AKA "The Shaterring Karui": https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037
Tanky Block+AR+EV Ranger Crit Reave Dagger/Claw: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301888
"
Harest wrote:
What i mentioned is the Reckoning setup in the guide :p.

Enduring Cry is a warcry you've to manually cast. I saw you had it equipped. It always grant you at least 1 endurance charge, and with a gem lvl 16+ you'll get 1 charge every ~3 nearby ennemies.

About life leech for your main character atm you have :
  • On you stuff : 0.75 phys dmg leeched as life, and 0.2% elemental damage leeched as life.
  • Ascendancy : 1% dmg leeched as life and additional 2% if you killed recently.
  • Tree : 3.8% phys dmg leeched as life, +86% increased Life Leeched per second and +8% of maximum Life per second to maximum Life Leech rate so you can regen 3.72% of your maximum hp / target / second to a maximum of 28% of your maximum hp / second.

From your Ice Crash tooltip (not quite accurate but good enough for this skill i think) you have 7 012 phys dps and 36 842 elmental dps, 43 854 total (the tooltip has 70 more, i rounded values).
I see you had a little less than 5k, let's say you have 6k hp. Max leech / second is 1 680, and per instance : 223.
With only the 1% Damage Leeched as Life from Pain Reaver (Ascendancy), you can get up to 438 hp / target / second. So only with this, you're already overcapped. Even with a mob having 50% resistances, you reach 219 life leeched which is only 4 hp less than your max hp rate / instance (= by target and per second).
Without all these nodes (6) in the tree you'd be with 5k hp (to be more accurate with your current character) at 1 000 hp / sec max, and 100 hp / instance. So it's still nice on random mobs (which is basically the purpose of leech without instant leech like vaal pact), and +/- no use on bosses.

Btw, i may have been misleading at first about leech with the base rate / instance. It's 2% of your maximum hp / target / second, not 2% of your damages. Considering the maximum rate / second is 20% of your max hp it may have been obvious but i clarify in case it was necessary.

Let me do the math myself and verify if i fianlly get it :)
Facts for math:
HP: 5000
Total damage: 40000 dps and monsters are variable resist - it will result is variable leech cus of variable my damage given to them
Leech (from total damage): 1% only from ascendancy - Berserker
Base leech rate(2% of my HP is a base): 100
Max rate/second (20% of my HP): 1000

MATHS:

Life leeched from total damage: 1% from 40000dps = 400 (with monster no resist anything)
it means i overlap my base leech rate(100) 4 times right?
If monster will have 50% resist i will be still ovelaping it twice (200 leech per instance)
How many instances can occur at same time? depends of monsters count?
Anyway of how many instances can occur, my max leech limit is 1000 - so its like 2,5 instances (third is not full)

I think my leech mechanism maths is fine finally

And the leech works fine when many mobs are around and the problem is when boss occur.
No mobs and boss'es high resists lowering final leech - single instance of leech is first thing and lowered damage is a second thing.

So leech prepared for boss should have better BASE RATE and MAX RATE right? Its connected with HP pool of course

Question:
If i can max leech 1000 life per second from those 2,5 instances - life grows up in "specified" time right? What is value of that leech? How to boost it?

One way i taking Vaal Pact - what do you thing about it?
Cons: no life regen - from Enduring cry and from tree - only flask works right?
Pros: life leech is applied instantly.

I did a tree planning - what do You thing about it?
If vaal pact will happen? should i pick Jugger or still berserker?

http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAQUhAACAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FGXeSgqi0-baoVS2WGtjc9-dqzqGPjru-2RzvPdFHEOPDpShmDkrWDEGelgkfcycql82cT2r6cczitQDc3-VD0PBjn7qvMGUWB8uzrYAZEt0icvkFUaOMWKr2xo8vAfogAEs8BmYVK8nxiR_EsUTRo-fuJ5OWhlxq48LYPMtz7-Cti92XyCB3flPAXvfO9OXhNAoMC_qZUM96yvBIePmTJOeu8FLXTt2sGE76LqEuFi7E1GwYIvzITZR369NmVNvqcZtC2DFSD2o-960359df66u-PEopcGGYrDOio4-F9f0CGQ6hCnbeDYvwgkNwAAAAAA

3 points will be left: what do You thing about taking Hematophagy then?

What would you be switching out on this build if you wanted to use the new The Surrenderer shield?
@Mikpez : Your facts were right, but your maths went wrong :p.
In your example, the 400 life leeched would be what you would leech if you had +300% increased Life Leeched per second which afaik is impossible (not a stat you can find on items). An instance is a leech applied on a monster. You can have a lot, but it's capped with the stats given in the previous messages).
With your facts, you'd need 10 instances (so 10 monsters) to reach the maximum base leech (20% max hp). Your damages are good enough to reach the max leech / instance even if the monster hit resists 75% of your damages.
Not sure what you wanted to say with "leech prepared for boss". Basically the only way leech can be a worth considering defensive mechanic would be with decent % dmg leeched as life and instant leech. And of course, you want a decent hp pool with it otherwise you'll get one shot and your leech is useless.

About Vaal Pact, that's right, no regen. Flasks still work thankfully. You'll have to be a lot more careful for trials for instance in maps.
The Berserker with Vaal Pact has a monstruous ascendancy node, Cloaked in Savagery. I guess this node and/or instant leech will be nerfed one day because with a decent ES or life pool (easier with ES obviously), you're more or less immortal ?
Hematophagy would be trash in your case, you deal mainly elemental damages (84%).

@DigitalMP : I don't think there's much changes. You still have your nice regen on block (~ equal to what you'd get with 12 500 armor with Aegis Aurora ; i've 10k7 atm and only helmet could be really improved). You get a free gem slot i guess.
Last edited by Harest on Dec 21, 2016, 7:49:47 PM
"
Harest wrote:
@Mikpez : Your facts were right, but your maths went wrong :p.
In your example, the 400 life leeched would be what you would leech if you had +300% increased Life Leeched per second which afaik is impossible (not a stat you can find on items). An instance is a leech applied on a monster. You can have a lot, but it's capped with the stats given in the previous messages).
With your facts, you'd need 10 instances (so 10 monsters) to reach the maximum base leech (20% max hp). Your damages are good enough to reach the max leech / instance even if the monster hit resists 75% of your damages.
Not sure what you wanted to say with "leech prepared for boss". Basically the only way leech can be a worth considering defensive mechanic would be with decent % dmg leeched as life and instant leech. And of course, you want a decent hp pool with it otherwise you'll get one shot and your leech is useless.

About Vaal Pact, that's right, no regen. Flasks still work thankfully. You'll have to be a lot more careful for trials for instance in maps.
The Berserker with Vaal Pact has a monstruous ascendancy node, Cloaked in Savagery. I guess this node and/or instant leech will be nerfed one day because with a decent ES or life pool (easier with ES obviously), you're more or less immortal ?
Hematophagy would be trash in your case, you deal mainly elemental damages (84%).

@DigitalMP : I don't think there's much changes. You still have your nice regen on block (~ equal to what you'd get with 12 500 armor with Aegis Aurora ; i've 10k7 atm and only helmet could be really improved). You get a free gem slot i guess.

And the 10 instances needed comes from 10 instance * 2% base =20 % right? so if i will reach 5% of base then 4 mobs are needed - just to make sure its clear for me.

Ohh yeah, now i get the point - those leech nodes refers to physical which im suck atm :)
Thats why Pain Reaver is enought for me in this situation - its leech from whole damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info