[3.1] JUGGERNAUT/BERSERKER 1H+Shield Max Block&Spell Block Tank, Atziri Killer+a BoR version

"
Harest wrote:
@Mikpez

@DigitalMP : I don't think there's much changes. You still have your nice regen on block (~ equal to what you'd get with 12 500 armor with Aegis Aurora ; i've 10k7 atm and only helmet could be really improved). You get a free gem slot i guess.

Since the shield has lv 30 reckoning what would you use to gain fortify?
@Mikpez : You're totally right ;). Note we're still talking about normal leech, not the instant which don"t care about any caps atm. With instant leech, all the leech you get with your damages will be applied without consideration of your max hp.

@DigitalMP : I'd still apply Fortify with Shield Charge. Note that in the guide Blood Magic is used, i prefer Faster Attacks. And since you've an additional soccket you can either put something like Culling Strike on it if you feel the need for some bosses. Or probably better using this liberated slot for an utility gem like Vaal Lightning Trap to get a free 50% increased damages on bosses. You could also use Blood Rage to get some additional damages continuously but you lose your regen to compensate. The choice is up to you. There're many utility gems interesting, like Phase Run too.
Last edited by Harest on Dec 22, 2016, 10:19:54 AM
"
Harest wrote:
@DigitalMP : I'd still apply Fortify with Shield Charge. Note that in the guide Blood Magic is used, i prefer Faster Attacks. And since you've an additional soccket you can either put something like Culling Strike on it if you feel the need for some bosses. Or probably better using this liberated slot for an utility gem like Vaal Lightning Trap to get a free 50% increased damages on bosses. You could also use Blood Rage to get some additional damages continuously but you lose your regen to compensate. The choice is up to you. There're many utility gems interesting, like Phase Run too.

What sbout Endurance Charge on Melee Stun since we socketed that with reckoning?
Last edited by DigitalMP on Dec 22, 2016, 10:43:51 AM
@DigitalMP : Well, you have the 4l Reckoning on your shield now (Melee Physical Damage - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun - Increased AoE on your shield, doesn't even need to be linked). So the movement skill will be on a 4l, either using the 4 sockets or with an additional utility gem.
If you said that to generate endurance charges with shield charge, i'm not sure the stun will still be reliable on it as the damages are not really high.
Last edited by Harest on Dec 22, 2016, 12:05:03 PM
"
Harest wrote:
@DigitalMP : Well, you have the 4l Reckoning on your shield now (Melee Physical Damage - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun - Increased AoE on your shield, doesn't even need to be linked). So the movement skill will be on a 4l, either using the 4 sockets or with an additional utility gem.
If you said that to generate endurance charges with shield charge, i'm not sure the stun will still be reliable on it as the damages are not really high.

Duh, forgot the shield would be the new 4-link. Thanks
"
DigitalMP wrote:
What would you be switching out on this build if you wanted to use the new The Surrenderer shield?

What do you mean? Obviously, you'd be switching the shield :D
1H+Shield High Block&Spell Block Tank: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995
Ice Crash Crit Staff AKA "The Shaterring Karui": https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037
Tanky Block+AR+EV Ranger Crit Reave Dagger/Claw: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301888
"
Harest wrote:
I'm lvl 87 atm (Juggernaut), survivability still feels incredibly satisfying, but i think my damages are far too low with Earthquake. Playing with Hatred and Herald of Ash. My tooltip is at 10k (15k with conc effect for bosses). I don't want to try Breachlords domains with him due to this. I don't think i'll do it.
I mean it's still decent for clearing maps so far (well i didn't start red maps yet, i'm mainly on tiers 7 to 10) at a relatively decent speed. But when i see how long it takes to kill rares in breaches, i guess it's not good enough. Especially when you consider in domains mobs have +125% more health (the Chayula one is +225% i believe). That's what i expected when i had the opposite issue with my Blade Flurry assassin where his survivability was shit and damages were really good. With some consequent leech i guess his survivability would have been quite better.

Wanted to give my final feedback, but it's +/- the same as my previous message in the quote.
I just leveled up 90 and i've more or less the same issues. I think the build is really nice but with the Breach league, you need higher damages. Earthquake probably doesn't help either since it'll profite a lot less than Ice Crash for instance from ele dmg mods. I'd also need a 6l to really get the damages.
I did maps up to t13 without much problems. Quite enjoyed the build. Block and Aegis Aurora are really strong. Time to do my first cycloner build with the ngamahu's i looted earlier in the league :p.
You can see my character here, it's HaresTulk.
Last edited by Harest on Dec 24, 2016, 2:39:02 PM
I added blood rage gem to setup cause 3 frenzy charges are always welcome (didn't get aegis shield yet).
Hope it helps people who are on way to get aegis.
Can I get some tips for my character Haudrauf_Hart? You should be able to see his gear in my profile.

Also in the OP it says at lv70 I should have 5000hp with "good" gear...my gear is quite good but I'm far off of 5000hp at lv77.
Question about 2 things in the guide. 1, is Belly of the Beast any good here? I already got it because I saw a good one for a decent price (without thinking), but I see now getting cap res might be hard. Is it possible to cap my res with only 2 rings, helm/gloves as available rares? Also how important is the flask set-up? I was curious if Promise and/or hate would be viable since we are running so many life flasks, and if the instant ones are the best for this build or if this is more open to change? Any input would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

If you want to check his current gear,
IGN: DekuMidoriya
(I will have the Unique Mace at 75).

Everything feels great also and this is by far the easiest and most durable character I have played in 300+ hours and 7+ characters that went T5-15. Great for early leveling, clearing, and I can't wait for Guardian/Uber since my map is done from a earlier character. The Mace at level 62, Cameria is 1-hit KO fantastic for this build until 75 if you are using Ice Crash.
Last edited by XEdwardElricX on Dec 26, 2016, 2:27:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info