exploiting for points creating multiple chars in single race

You know there are 3 exploiters in the Top 20?

Also one possible Bot/Account Sharer in the Top 23.

account share is forbidden? if i do some race on friends account we both will be banned?
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Ban in PoE? If GGG would actually ban players for RMT the ToP 90% of the high tier ladder players would wear the same tag as Black0wl.

TOU doesn't state it clearly.

It says "Don't give your PW to others" but a saved login isn't giving others the PW.
With regard to the race ladder being supposedly merit based, I am glad that this method of generating race points is being eliminated in Season 7. That being said, I must admit that for me, this method of generating points was extremely beneficial.

I took advantage of this in both Season 5 (8 of 21 races, 136pts total) and in Season 6 (11 of 26 races, 242pts total).

Won a demi for the first time in the last 100minute fixed of the year. Thanks go out to Terrex for ripping and many racers better than me for not being present. Without running Act I - early Act II over and over to generate points using this 'exploit', I would never have had the practice or gained the efficiency required to compete.

Now, you may say, "You could have gained just as much efficiency by racing a single character to the end/death and practicing that way". Not really. Remove only/cross-league/carry over race rewards provide a fairly large incentive to race. The point structure for rewarding race points provides a fairly large incentive not to die. Dying and not generating race points and thus not having these items for free in the next league is completely and utterly counter intuitive.

The reality of racing is that many of us who hadn't played prior to release are miles behind the curve relative to those that have been playing in various iterations of the beta. To couple the dangling carrot of race rewards that are akin to trading time in current leagues for advantage in future leagues with a ladder where the top players have double digit orders of magnitude more in-game experience than the common player is bizarre to me.

That's not to say that I think all top racers are in it for the item rewards. I would assume that the bulk of veteran top tier racers see the rewards as a simple bonus. For players that are newer to the game though, the race rewards can make all the difference in whether or not they participate at all. And naturally, the more participation overall, the larger the core group of racers.

Curious to see what Season 7 holds. With points being generated solely by the highest leveled character in the league, will we still be looking at, "Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive"?
You still can die in EL, D and DC.

It was always like that and nobody was against it.

Consider that in earlier patches mobs had less HP, auras were less effective(but hatred) strong weapons were uncommon and mods were weaker.

You only lack some map experience.

Much stuff was different especially in CB. You wouldn't gain much race experience.
Spoiler

For example entire Sins and Weaver were level 18.
The Necros had Elem Weakness.
There were way more spider traps.
Weavers Chambers were harder.

Dark Forest was a Huge forest with a Path and Weavers chambers were always in the east.

There was phase run instead of imo stupid QS Flasks.
Granites were level 18 and added 10000 Defense.
Suiciders gave experience.
Thicket had the White Beast and the Cave the apes.
River Crossings had no marker for roots but a WP and Vaal ruins had no WP.
Rustic sashs sucked.

And the major difference was you couldn't boost damage up like you can do now.
The best Mervtimes where around 45min.
Life nodes were needed because packs were way bigger.

Pools and Streams aka Wetlands was really dangerous without Saphire Rings because Cold Snap could be spammed.

Vaals Lightning hit way harder. Now you can survive it with ~350 hp and no resists. In CB you were safe with 700 HP and 50% resist.(This is actually pissing me off I have totally lost the feeling for the right HP each difficulty because I remember so many different values)
For example I consider 1.1k at Vaal Cruel as way too low because in CB you needed 2.3k EHP for Vaal in Ruthless who was 2 levels higher than Vaal Cruel now.
Vaals Smash was pure Fire.

There were far less gems.
Races had mainly 3h and ended at ledge cruel or western forest cruel.
Skills worked differently(Leap Slam was SLOOOW)
Trees were different. The highways had way more Stat nodes.
For example the shadow was the worst class ever for a long time.
It had next to no life nodes. You could get some at level 12 and the next life nodes should be level 17 if it worked like the other class but they were ~level 24.

The duelisttree was bad for quiet some time. Grindis was first one having found a somehow viable GS build.
IMDisappoint was the best Witch player by distance because he was the only one with a build that could beat Vaal within 3h.(Powster was always #2)
Templar, Mara and Ranger were the main racing classes. Templar and Mara still look really similar to CB

But I remember every mapchange that pissed me off because suddenly I sucked at passage, lower prison, merv, sins etc.

More noobfriendly races would be races were different rules apply.

What would for example happen if exp penalties are different and much harsher?

Blamt Races were popular because random people won Demigods.

Imagine Blamt 90min would be a Signature Race.
Racing effectively is pretty simple and is nothing you cant learn with a couple demi-run twitch vids and a few practice runs of your own. The game has also changed enough overall that except for the basics (not killing small groups of whites, being efficient in town etc) race experience and strats from way back are largely outdated or useless.
IGN: KoTao
"
Hilbert wrote:

You still can die in EL, D and DC.

It was always like that and nobody was against it.

Yeah, true. It's tough to be picky when it comes to selecting what races to do though. The 24hr schedule doesn't really cater to anyone that leaves the PC to work. Could be a couple weeks straight without the opportunity to race in an event where dying doesn't kill all pts.

"
Hilbert wrote:

Blamt Races were popular because random people won Demigods.

Imagine Blamt 90min would be a Signature Race.

That would be pretty terrible. Curious to see what the Sig is in the upcoming season though. Regardless of what it is, people will complain.

"
KoTao wrote:

Racing effectively is pretty simple and is nothing you cant learn with a couple demi-run twitch vids and a few practice runs of your own. The game has also changed enough overall that except for the basics (not killing small groups of whites, being efficient in town etc) race experience and strats from way back are largely outdated or useless.

The basics are where new racers fumble though. A few practice runs after watching a few demi vods can't compare to multiple seasons of racing experience. Not sure if you were commenting on what I was saying, but this is why I can see people using this exploit instead of racing legit. Practice mode with race pts and little risk of dying while consistently improving.

As I said though, glad to see it is being removed. Would just like to see some minor changes to the award structure for racing.
Back in my day, we did practice runs on Hardcore league with no incentives.

Young'uns these days.
"
Lyralei wrote:
Back in my day, we did practice runs on Hardcore league with no incentives.

Young'uns these days.

Yeah, we're spoiled. I want free Andvarius in new leagues! Waaaahhhhh.
what a wonderful day it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info