exploiting for points creating multiple chars in single race

"
Dargos wrote:
Terrex (#1 ladder) died on the last descent champions at level 18 and remade and got level 15...and got points for both, should he be banned?

Yeah, I need to submit a ticket about those constructs wallhacking me.
"
terrex wrote:
"
Dargos wrote:
Terrex (#1 ladder) died on the last descent champions at level 18 and remade and got level 15...and got points for both, should he be banned?

I don't think you did anything wrong btw. It was clear you were trying to fight back from the early death at level 4-5.
IGN: thejarmo
"
Dargos wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
"
Dargos wrote:

I don't think you did anything wrong btw. It was clear you were trying to fight back from the early death at level 4-5.

I don't think it's really a problem in champions because of the way the points are tiered. It's signature and hour/90min/2 hour that it becomes a thing.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
What's more official than the bloody text in the rules and regulations posted in every race listed?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/44360

You mean "You should not make multiple characters in a league to attempt to receive multiple level-threshold prizes." is an invitation to you to knowingly and intentionally exploit this?

Do you KNOW why its worded this way? Its exactly done this way so that people who accidentally do it don't get lumped into the same basket as people like you who treat it as a free pass to flout the rules.
ToU says you should report exploits and not abuse them.
"
Hilbert wrote:

It disturbs me that you can hide your race statistics. I don't like the whole concept of setting profiles to private. Characters I can understand, so you don't get harassed. But race performance?

As it stands, bot farms might very well be grinding to Andvarius and other such easy to reach valuable race rewards for the next league as if they weren't already, hidden behind a wall of "This profile is set to private"

How to report if you can just hide it lol. And not as if we haven't all reported that obvious exploiter in the top 20 (he's hidden his profile already).
Last edited by Lyralei on Feb 11, 2014, 6:10:42 AM
"
Hilbert wrote:

How can a game mechanic, that is clearly known and described (in that race rules guide) be an exploit?!
You are asked to 'not use it', not forbidden. And from the actual scaling of the reward points, is it the "fault" of the average racer that the needed time to go from bracket 4 (5 points) to bracket 5 (6 points) is much higher than to roll another char to bracket 2? Is it any fault at all, to use given abilities to your own advantage, to minimize some risk for a better calculatable result?
I doubt it has a major influence on the top, its not that 'easy' to equal the additional points for top-10/5 rankings...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:

How can a game mechanic, that is clearly known and described (in that race rules guide) be an exploit?!
You are asked to 'not use it', not forbidden. And from the actual scaling of the reward points, is it the "fault" of the average racer that the needed time to go from bracket 4 (5 points) to bracket 5 (6 points) is much higher than to roll another char to bracket 2? Is it any fault at all, to use given abilities to your own advantage, to minimize some risk for a better calculatable result?
I doubt it has a major influence on the top, its not that 'easy' to equal the additional points for top-10/5 rankings...

#9 is exploiting it. Support has stated its illegal. Developers have told me its illegal.

Your move.

"
Do you KNOW why its worded this way? Its exactly done this way so that people who accidentally do it don't get lumped into the same basket as people like you who treat it as a free pass to flout the rules.
Last edited by Lyralei on Feb 11, 2014, 8:06:09 AM
maybe ill just write a guide and start streaming it if ggg doesn't care. it's already commonly used and becoming more used as people hear about it.
"
Lyralei wrote:

#9 is exploiting it. Support has stated its illegal. Developers have told me its illegal.

Your move.

You seem to have much more contact with the developers than most players, so can you not get one of them to come here and clearly label it as "illegal" as opposed to "something you shouldn't do?" Or get Chris to mention it in announcements? You know as well as I that GGG isn't going to do anything to the people who have been doing this. It's possible that after they definitively state it is "against the rules" that they might, but even then I'd find it doubtful. They are more likely to simply remove any post mentioning someone does this as "namne and shame."

I've done it a couple of times, under my second account (rebo4000), to see exactly how it worked, then went back to regular racing. If nothing is going to be done - and that seems more and more likely as the Devs and support publicly remain silent on it regardless of what they tell you - then I might as well go for another Death Rush. I could possibly hit the points required doing this, but there are not enough races left I can actually participate in with my average finish to get one legitimately.

Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info