exploiting for points creating multiple chars in single race

"
Cataract wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
Rewards were quite easy to get, sans 600 and 1000 points rewards, without the exploit, assuming you could make 3-4 races a week, and not stupid fracture races where the majority takes 5 points or less.

Using this season's sig as an example, 3-4 100 minute races per week still amounts to 80-100 hours of /played time per league. Let's say you're a complete rook and somehow still getting the 7pt (lvl 27-31) bracket every race without dying but not placing top20 in class. That comes to around 450 pts in the season for 4.5 days played. And that's without dying. Add in deaths in say, 1/4 of races, and you have 340pts in favorable (non-frac/non-lethal) races for the season.
I used a real example when I said '1000' points was acheivable, if you reach the 7 point bracket in races you do, you would get well above 7 points. slably was the character I was thinking of as a rookie in this case, he still received over 1000 points even though he almost never received the 7 point bracket. If you get in the the 7 point bracket you will almost always get in the top 20 (unless maybe you are playing scion).

Racing IS more about the time you put in more than winning the races, I think slably proved that even a rookie can be top 20 (you might not win top 5, but you can still get up there). If you arent expecting to do a large portion of the races, you shouldnt expect to get a high bracket reward (unless you are getting #1 of class)

Even me & Fightgarr, while not new, we are both fairly bad racers but the time we put in put us at the top of the ladder. For example in 100% of all races I did this season other shadows such as Rithz beat me each time, the only reason I ever got top shadow is if they didnt play or if they died. Many of the top 20 did less than 1/2 the races I did but got over 2/3 of the total points I obtained. Quantity over quality.

Spoiler
Rithz got less points than me mainly because of his terrible death rate,
http://poestatistics.com/users/rithz/ His overall death rate is around 46%
http://poestatistics.com/users/metronomy/ My overall death rate is around 23%
But you may notice that he has significantly more top 3 placings than me, while I only have a tiny amount. I think it shows a huge difference in playstyles & skills. While I play slowly but safe, he & other shadows play quickly but also risk death.

You might also notice that the races I DID do well in are races that reward people who play safely, such as BLAMT/Turbo's & CT races. I got #1 in an EL in S5, but its just because no one was playing that time, I only got level 24 while in most of the EL this season people get well over 25+

I am not sure if I have much of a point in these ramblings, mainly just comparing myself to people that are actually good which is something that might help me get better
Last edited by Metronomy on Feb 24, 2014, 11:53:13 PM
"
Metronomy wrote:

Racing IS more about the time you put in more than winning the races, I think slably proved that even a rookie can be top 20 (you might not win top 5, but you can still get up there). If you arent expecting to do a large portion of the races, you shouldnt expect to get a high bracket reward (unless you are getting #1 of class)

Was referring more to those who will race 15-30 times per season and grab a few mid level uniques along the way for carry over into the new leagues. Not suggesting that everyone should have an easy shot at 1000 pts or a Void Battery.

As far as the overall season ladders go, I would assume most people that race don't really care about them. As you say, it is a tandem of dedication and skill with dedication taking the front seat.

Certainly the vast majority of the people that exploited this season don't care about the overall ladder. Get to 135. I was actually pretty surprised to see that someone exploited to the top of the ladder. Such a balls out quest for a ladder ranking based around an exploit seemed pretty out there.
"
Cataract wrote:
Let's say you're a complete rook and somehow still getting the 7pt (lvl 27-31) bracket every race without dying but not placing top20 in class.
if you get even to lvl 27 in s6 sig race, you will be in top 10 of class (if you not a scion). If you got 31 for me you are top racer and in 90% of cases you will be in top 1-2 of class and top5 overall
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Last edited by jstq on Feb 25, 2014, 3:57:16 AM
"
jstq wrote:
if you get even to lvl 27 in s6 sig race, you will be in top 10 of class (if you not a scion). If you got 31 for me you are top racer and in 90% of cases you will be in top 1-2 of class and top5 overall

Was simply an example to illustrate the amount of time invested vs pts generated. Basically should have just said 7pts per race.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info