exploiting for points creating multiple chars in single race

Show me the Devposting where it's stated that Bugabusing is clearly allowed.

The devs stated 1 player tagging isn't intended therefore it's a bug.

The devs clearly stated once they will ban players not reporting and abusing bugs in OB, yet the cold to fire overflow and the Castondeath bug were only reported AFTER players heavily started to abuse it.

"
Hilbert wrote:

They've repeatedly stated that ingenious use of skills/systems are ok. I'm not sure how you know so much, and say so much, yet don't know this. Convenient on/off memory, i suppose.

Of course, they do their best to quickly fix the most egregious occurences. Whatever remains, is fair game. 1 player hp? FAIR FUCKING GAME. :P
account number 2
So currently there are 2 exploiters in top20 of season ladder and both of them are in top10. can something be done before the season ends? letting this go would be outrage for the ppl who are out of alt art demi range because of these two
"
unsane2 wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:

They've repeatedly stated that ingenious use of skills/systems are ok. I'm not sure how you know so much, and say so much, yet don't know this. Convenient on/off memory, i suppose.

Of course, they do their best to quickly fix the most egregious occurences. Whatever remains, is fair game. 1 player hp? FAIR FUCKING GAME. :P

"SYSTEM" good definition. The Caustic Flask Dupe in CB also was a "SYSTEM" bug. Yet I am sure they would ban players if they start abusing it now.

There is one explicit posting that says not mentioning those bugs if they aren't known and exploited is a bannable offense.

And how about Mine CoD Spectre abusing? Players reached level 100 with it. They melted every dangerous mob away. They got unrightful ladder ranks too.

Receiving multiple points is also a system flaw.

So either GGG keeps this "no ban outside of botters","extreme RMTers" and warn policy. Or they start banning like other companies do. And that would be like an itemwipe.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Receiving multiple points is also a system flaw.

Its a 'functionality' that is NOT (can not be) in the game by accident. It may be seen as an unwanted mechanic until they first fixed it way back in CB, that it WORKS this way NOW AGAIN brought it into a very different light.
From this view, I take the 'asking' to not (ab)use it as a sign that it IS acceptable/accepted (tacit?) to some degree (of casuality?); but since there's obviously nobody that defines the borderline, it can only be set by every player of its own.

The issue is: they changed the points schedule to affect more casual players, and they try to put in rewards that are "nice/good" enough to attract a large crowd. They even lately changed it to take your rewards into leagues in future (with some block time, but very surprising at first look)
And, they "KNOW" that the item rewards are one bigger reason for people to race, they even force it: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/613214
"
Chris wrote:
Why race?

The most enticing reason is quite simple though: unique item rewards!

From a players view, its all about efficiency; and there are multiple ways to increase your personal 'quote' - and as long as it works this way, this is one of them.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
congratulations for the first voidbattery "earned" using the exploit.
Last edited by janimauk on Feb 15, 2014, 4:35:40 AM
"
janimauk wrote:
congratulations for the first voidbattery "earned" using the exploit.

This profile has been set to private

"HEY GUYS NOTHING TO SEE HERE"

"NOTHING AT ALL"

Id make a pretty generous orb bet that he keeps it too, though of course theres no way to be sure in the end.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Feb 15, 2014, 5:20:32 AM
Personally, I think racing more than one character should be a valid option. Why shouldn't people be allowed to choose to "protect" their time investment by only racing to a certain level, shelving that char and start another one? Vs. getting to the top for extra points and rewards. Maybe the trade-offs could be made more obvious/different. E.g giving more points for the highest brackets or restricting the lottery to the top 100 players but with better items to be won as an incentive to get a character to the top spots. :-)

I think I agree that the points tiers need some work, especially in things like fractured and turbo. It really is generally better if you aren't top tier to do multiple characters and I think that's a shame.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
*remembers when Blamt 1h had normal tiers*

"
It really is generally better if you aren't top tier to do multiple characters and I think that's a shame.

A skilled racer can easily exploit 12-13 points, with first Hailrake/Dweller, Fairgraves and possibly cave clear that could be 18-19 points.
That means even 10 RP and second rank wouldn't be enough to beat that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info